? Question ?

This is a discussion on ? Question ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Say I'm setting at a red light and by some chance a BG came up to my window & fired a few rounds. I'm hit ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MadMac
  • 1 Post By paaiyan
  • 3 Post By kelcarry
  • 2 Post By smolck

Thread: ? Question ?

? Question ?

Say I'm setting at a red light and by some chance a BG came up to my window & fired a few rounds. I'm hit but still able to get away, & call 911.

Lets say for sake of agument, Minor wounds & no time to return fire. BG Fled the seen, You wait on officer & all that stuff.

Now the question, Am I covered by my Auto insurance or Medical insurance?? Just wondering
    H/D PS BG Shot through driver side window
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Medical first then the insurance carriers will fight it out. But I doubt your auto ins would cover you first. Maybe if you have the rider for medical on your car insurance it would cover your health care deductable.

Gee, with all the ads on TeeVee for insurance - Flo, the gecko, caveman, ad nauseum - I've never seen this scenario addressed. Makes one wonder.....
    Guest1 likes this.

If you had a heart attack while driving your car who would pay then? Medical insurance pays ,if you have any. If not then all other policy holders will be forced to pay for you.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I've Searched & could'nt find any thing close. Just wondering ; ) PS I've got good medical insuance
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I'm going to say your medical would cover your medical expenses, and your auto would be essentially the same as your car getting hit by hail. If they covered it at all. Your auto likely wouldn't pay any medical expenses as the injuries weren't a result of your driving or another driver. And your medical insurer certainly isn't going to cover damage to your vehicle.
    Sig35seven likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    I talked to my agent about a month ago about a similar scenario. He told me that the health insurance will kick in first and if the auto policy owner has a rider for medical that will cover any co-pay from the health insurance. At some point the health insurance company may fight it out with the auto insurance company. Unless they catch the BG and he has anything worth going after. You would probably get a judgement on him and thats about it. Your auto insurance will cover your car as long as you have more than liability coverage. In our state we must have at least liability insurance, If you have a car worth over 3K most people have comp/collision also to cover the car.
    I believe you would be covered by your health insurance and possibly your auto insurance may cover any deductable or other out of pocket expenses if you have the right coverage on your policy. Now with Obamacare next year who knows????

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The auto insurance would only cover you if the shooting was an "accident."
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    In Kentucky... Your medical insurance would cover this. If you happen to hit a car in the get-away attempt, your auto insurance covers that.
    Think of it like this: A rock comes through the windshield and hits you in the head. Medical insurance covers your injury - Auto insurance covers the vehicle damage.
    There ARE riders available however on auto insurance that covers medical issues for both driver and passingers.
    Call your agent and just ask. I have found this stuff is often times state specific.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Suppose you are sitting in your car and a meteor hits your car and intergalactic microbs infect your nasal cavity--are you covered by your auto insurance or your health insurance? Heavens guys--do you just spend your day dreaming up this crap?
    Harryball, WHEC724 and blitzburgh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Suppose you are sitting in your car and a meteor hits your car and intergalactic microbs infect your nasal cavity--are you covered by your auto insurance or your health insurance? Heavens guys--do you just spend your day dreaming up this crap?
    LMAO, bath salts is winning.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

if you have PIP (personal injury protection, generally they are about 2500.00 of coverage) on your auto policy it will cover you then your personal medical will kick in

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    PS I've got good medical insuance
    H/D
    No, you HAD good medical insurance until last Thursday.
    multistage and blitzburgh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Sure, why not?
    --Jason--

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Say I'm setting at a red light and by some chance a BG came up to my window & fired a few rounds. I'm hit but still able to get away, & call 911.

Lets say for sake of agument, Minor wounds & no time to return fire. BG Fled the seen, You wait on officer & all that stuff.

Now the question, Am I covered by my Auto insurance or Medical insurance?? Just wondering
    H/D PS BG Shot through driver side window
    No need to worry Obamacare will take care of you.

"Please take a number, a doctor will be available to see you in 3 years."
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links