Steeltech Weapon Shield CLP - any input?

This is a discussion on Steeltech Weapon Shield CLP - any input? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LGS has this on sale this week. Heard good things , but wanted to see if anyone here has any anecdotal experience with this product? ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By HardLuck682
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By walleye

Thread: Steeltech Weapon Shield CLP - any input?

LGS has this on sale this week. Heard good things , but wanted to see if anyone here has any anecdotal experience with this product? Particularly interested in its "LP" properties.

I have both the Weaponshield grease and oil. Great products, I would highly reccommend either, esp. if you get the oil with the precision needle. Literally just one or two drops will get the job done. I have compared it to my other oils and it does seem to last longer, as they state.
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    It's pretty much all I use these days. Really does Clean Lubricate & Protect. Decently amazing stuff. I love the stuff.
    Does not corrode fine leather.

The same chemist that formulated FP-10 (FirePower10) developed WeaponShield as an improved product. tests slightly better than FP-10 & better than BreakFree CLP.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

George sent me some WeaponShield while i was in Afghanistan. I used it exclusively, as did my team. Although, we never fired our weapons in defense, we did, however go to the range often, and shoot 500+ rounds each time, with no malfunctions. I would feel safe using this on a defensive gun. its a good product.
    QKShooter likes this.

Smile

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the replies.
    Hardluck, thanks from a grateful citizen for serving! And did you use the grease or oil?

Administrator
    There are quite a few WeaponShield Video reviews posted on YouTube. You can go there and check some of them out.
    George Fennell (really a super nice guy & I have talked with him "one on one" VIA phone way back when) - he is the inventor of FP-10 & WeaponShield and he was giving out free samples (some time ago) in these nifty needle type oilers.
    His only request was that folks who tried it post an honest review of how it worked for them.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and state that they were all pretty much somewhere between RAVE and Positive.

I have a about 10 large bottles of WeaponShield which would be like a lifetime supply since you don't ever really need much...but I use it to lube my hedge trimmers and my machine equipment (like my lathe and drill press) and my boiler motor etc....I couldn't be happier with it. I use everywhere instead of ordinary oil.
    RemMod597 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    Seems to work well on the guns I have applied it to. The small needle oiler is a great set up too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    LGS has this on sale this week. Heard good things , but wanted to see if anyone here has any anecdotal experience with this product? Particularly interested in its "LP" properties.
    I've been using it 4 or 5 years now. It's great, good smell, really good lube, makes cleaning easier and easier the more you use it. Well worth it in my book. + Others I've turned on to it and tried it also think it's great and all have made it their standard lube/cleaner.
    QKShooter likes this.

Is it even worth considering checking out this Weaponshield if I already use Breakfree CLP and have no problems with it? I tend to follow the school of thought that most modern cleaners / clp type stuff will do the job just as well as the next one. Might check out the strictly oil for the frame rails and other spots that have heavy metal on metal contact.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

Administrator
    I always had used BreakFree CLP ever since it first hit the shelves. And (like you) was always happy with it. My suggestion would be to use up your BreakFree and then give the WeaponShield a try.
    As a longer term metal protectant and as a bore cleaner WeaponShield absolutely is the superior product.
    As an unbiased person not affiliated with either the makers of WeaponShield or BreakFree I would not go back to BreakFree again.

I don't even own a bottle of Hoppes these days. It's just not needed anymore.

These days I use Hoppe's only for the bore cleaning of my firearms. For the last couple of years I have been using Weapon Shield (WS) for all of my firearms. I like the feel of the metal areas on my firearms. I believe that WS makes it easier to clean my firearms and keeps them cleaner longer.

YMMV
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. - Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by pattywak View Post
    Is it even worth considering checking out this Weaponshield if I already use Breakfree CLP and have no problems with it? I tend to follow the school of thought that most modern cleaners / clp type stuff will do the job just as well as the next one. Might check out the strictly oil for the frame rails and other spots that have heavy metal on metal contact.
    Here's my feeling: if you clean your gun after every shooting, anything will work. The cleaning itself removes all debris after your 50-100 rounds of shooting, whatever. There is no chance build up of shooting debris will cause slow damage to the gun, because there is no build-up. It's gone after each shooting.

But the Weapon Shield is very good, and makes cleaning easier than CLP, so there are pluses. As well, you may not clean after each time at the range.

Links