hypothetical question if you were traveling

This is a discussion on hypothetical question if you were traveling within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PIMking Would you say anything? would you be worried? I'm just curious of your answers. Originally Posted by P95 Do people have ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: hypothetical question if you were traveling

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    Would you say anything? would you be worried? I'm just curious of your answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Do people have to worry about you when you carry?
    Why worry at all?

no sir, I just wanted to get a general idea if one would be more opt to say something to another worker later. I'm more nervous of having the weapon on the grounds of the business wont allow employees defend themselves. I've never had anyone ask or say anything but I was just wondering what one would do if they checked into a hotel and noticed it.
    Why say anything, let them do their job. What about the people who legally carry and you never know? Do you worry about them.
    What about the people who carry illegally?
    --Jason--

2. Remove Ads

The only time that I ever get concerned about somebody carrying a firearm is when they are doing something else that gives me cause for concern. It's never just the fact that they are carrying a firearm whether they have it concealed or are carrying it openly. It's always they are doing this or behaving like this and also they have a gun.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I wouldn't say a word and would probably just go about my business thinking that it was nice to see someone else out there that thinks like I do.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Is it just me.....or does the idea of being able to spot the 'telltale signs of a Supertuck' holster sort of kill the whole idea that it is supposed to be a concealable holster?

I don't care who was wearing it....if you can spot it, so can anybody else. That makes it useless for its intended purpose. I dont own one of these rigs.....and now it appears that I won't bother.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Wouldn't say anything or be worried. I would wonder to myself if his employer allowed him to carry or not but wouldn't fault him either way. I know if I had his job I would have tools to protect myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

How many people do you know that would drop the $ for a crossbreed IWB that doesn't have a CC permit (if required in the state)? I would sleep soundly all night.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure it wouldn't worry me any more than if he had a concealed notepad, Bible, address book, or anything else he might use to practice his Constitutionally-protected rights.

we are ALL carrying guns,

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    As long as the clerk was clearly a legit hotel clerk, evident by them knowing how to properly check a guest in, I would mind my own business. I certainly wouldn't feel compelled to comment to them about anything. And I would be glad to know they are taking steps in enhancing their ability to not be robbed and shot overnight.

Something also tells me that the hotels I stay in wouldn't have such a scenario unfold before my eyes. I don't do motels either.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Is your gun anybody else's business?
    Thank you multi---I was waiting for someone with the right answer. Do some of you just stay up all night dreaming up these "hypotheticals"? Common sense should give you the answer to the way you deal with people in your comings and goings every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Don't take things here so personally. He's obviously a new dad.......

You must be a Cardinal or a Hilltopper.....

Indiana grad here, we hate UK more than you do.....
    I'll forgive the IU grad thing since you realized I wasn't "trolling".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I'll forgive the IU grad thing since you realized I wasn't "trolling".
    Then I'll forgive your basketball coach for his lack of gonads for refusing to play the December game on campus.

Say you were to check into a hotel at night and you noticed the person checking you in had the tell tell sign of Crossbreed super tuck with the crosses but his/her pistol was tucked in.
    Would you say anything? would you be worried? I'm just curious of your answers.
    I don't get it, the person working at the desk is carrying concealed? Why should I worry? What would I worry about?

I would be more worried if they were NOT carrying.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

After reading a few more of the post by the OP I am assuming that he wants to know if he should risk be outted to managment if a CCW checked into the hotel he was working the desk of and they noticed that he was concealing.

I think the greatest risk from a legal CCW permit holder would be if they inadvertantly complemented management on allowing their night shift to carry while at work, then managemnt determines who was working that night. I doubt any of us would run screaming to managment because their employee was exercising their right to carry.
    PIMking likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Then I'll forgive your basketball coach for his lack of gonads for refusing to play the December game on campus.
    OOooOOoo... burn...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links