hypothetical question if you were traveling - Page 4

hypothetical question if you were traveling

This is a discussion on hypothetical question if you were traveling within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GhostMaker When I was a police officer I knew quite a few folks that worked in such positions that carried. Would I ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: hypothetical question if you were traveling

Quote Originally Posted by GhostMaker View Post
    When I was a police officer I knew quite a few folks that worked in such positions that carried. Would I be overly worried? Likely not, simply based upon past experiences. Would I make a mental note of it? Absolutely! I even make mental notes of anyone carrying a knife.
    You must have some sort of higher order mental capacity then...

Mental note of anyone carrying a knife?

That's every male over the age of 8 around here!

Not to poke at ya too hard... just havin' a little fun...

Welcome from Arkansas... we wear shoes now!!!
    INccwchris likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

"Give me a wake up call at six a.m." That would about cover the conversation.
    PIMking and mjb65 like this.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    .....I'm more nervous of having the weapon on the grounds of the business wont allow employees defend themselves....
    Are you saying you know for a fact that particular business doesn't allow personal protection? If so, why would that make you more nervous?

Ahh the telltale cross.

I've seen a bunch of alarm company signs posted in placed that have no alarms. I've seen fake video cameras when nothing is being recorded. I've seen t shirts and bumper stickers and hats and all sorts of things but unless you see a gun, what is there to say? And if you see the gun what would you say?

Besides, what would you say? "Hey I noticed the tag on your underwear is hanging out, so you like hanes? boxers or briefs?"

I wouldnt say a thing unless I noticed something amiss such as a snap or a button that has come undone and the wearer may not have noticed.. "excuse me but I think one of your buttons may have come loose" or you left you fly open.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    If you want better concealment, just get "J" hooks; or better yet "Velcro" clips. (I've put Velcro on the back of all my belts. So now I have 100% concealment even when tucked.)

The truth is most people won't have a clue even if they see the clips. I wouldn't worry about it to much. But, I would keep looking for a job where you are allowed to protect yourself.

-
    PIMking likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Thank you multi---I was waiting for someone with the right answer. Do some of you just stay up all night dreaming up these "hypotheticals"? Common sense should give you the answer to the way you deal with people in your comings and goings every day.
    No I don't stay up all night dreaming up Hypotheticals. I work at a nice hotel and I work 3rd shift every so often and I carry concealed. I have a CCW and I just wondered if people ever noticed and would you be inclined to say anything. I wear a suit and it's tucked so it would be hard to notice but I was just asking if people would be inclined to say something or not.
    mjb65 likes this.

VIP Member
    I might be on the other side of the majority here. I might just discretely say "You're showing - just letting you know in case you want to be more discrete."

My fly is not any body else's business, but I might appreciate somebody telling me it's open.
    PIMking likes this.

P95
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Don't take things here so personally. He's obviously a new dad.......

You must be a Cardinal or a Hilltopper.....

Indiana grad here, we hate UK more than you do.....
    Florida Gators/Hilltopper...you almost had it right.

It's easy to change out the clips on a Crossbreed. I think they might offer them with out the cross insignia too.

I like how dudes on gun forums get a hard-on when they believe to have spotted a carrier... like they're some part of secret guild of the all-knowing. Give it a rest. Ya want a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    Florida Gators/Hilltopper...you almost had it right.
    Atta Boy! In all kinds of weather!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Is this question a serious question?

Is the above question, a serious question?

Are either of my above questions serious questions?

See, I can troll too.

In all seriousness, no, its none of your business, there are too many people nowadays that do not mind their own business and its ruining society. Keep your mouth shut, and they will do the same.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

It's not your business. If he went through the effort of buying a good quality custom holster like a Cross Breed then most likely he's a CFL holder. Even if he doesn't actually have a permit criminals don't usually buy Cross Breeds and work hotel front desks. They usually stuff a pistol in their waist band and had out in a house or the corner selling drugs.

yes I have my CCW, Yes I went through the effort in and time in getting a crossbreed holster (have a few) and I'm a full time college student that isn't getting any money from mom and dad. I got my own loans, car payment, cell payment, and house rent that I take care of on my own while pulling down 40+ hours a week and 13 credit hours a semester.

I just asked because I'm more worried of losing my job than of anyone robbing me (good area, safe). But I would rather be prepared incase the worst should ever happen.

Now.... only a stupid criminal would rob a hotel that didn't have a good business and was in a bad part of town, unless they are a lazy criminal and don't have a vehicle to drive to a good hotel to rob.

Personally I would consider them smart, and not worry about it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Now.... only a stupid criminal would rob a hotel that didn't have a good business and was in a bad part of town,
    Hum?

Wonder if some of the by-the-hour hotels or other hotels in a bad part of town might not have more cash on hand that an upscale hotel where credit cards are typically de rigueur?

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links