hypothetical question if you were traveling - Page 5

hypothetical question if you were traveling

This is a discussion on hypothetical question if you were traveling within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Brademan Is it just me.....or does the idea of being able to spot the 'telltale signs of a Supertuck' holster sort of ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: hypothetical question if you were traveling

Quote Originally Posted by Brademan View Post
    Is it just me.....or does the idea of being able to spot the 'telltale signs of a Supertuck' holster sort of kill the whole idea that it is supposed to be a concealable holster?

I don't care who was wearing it....if you can spot it, so can anybody else. That makes it useless for its intended purpose. I dont own one of these rigs.....and now it appears that I won't bother.
    Most all IWB holsters have to clip onto the belt in some way leaving a telltale sign, right? It has been my experience that only the experienced in these kinds of holsters are the ones that know or even care about those clips.

I have been carrying my Glock in my supertuck or Kholster for about 2.5 years now and many times it has been with my shirt tucked in and I have not had one funny look or comment. In my opinion, they really are good holsters.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I work out of town and live in hotels. I wouldn't and don't say anything and I hope that they wouldn't to me. For me, there is no point.... just let it be.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    the policy isn't to allow weapons at the hotel and it's not in a high crime area but just because it's a nice area doesn't mean that crime wouldn't happen.
    How would I, as a guest checking into a hotel/motel have any clue as to what the hotel/motel policy is regarding guns?

First of all, I would be surprised and disappointed, if a hotel desk clerk wasn't armed. I sure as heck would be armed if I worked as a hotel/motel clerk, convenience store clerk, restaurant cashier, pizza delivery, or any retail operator who controls cash and deals with the public.

So, would I as a customer, inform management if I noticed an employee who was carrying concealed? Heck no! It's none of my business... Unless he takes it out and tries to point it at me.

Oh, here's a good reason why people who handle money and deal with the public should be armed.... They get robbed from time to time. And who knows if the robber is going to blow your head off?

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

We don't take cash, most people know this. However people are dumb and I rather be prepared. Just yesterday apparently these youngins shop lifted from a store over a mile away and were running away from the police right by us. I noticed the kids running and the police and the first thing I did was lock the front door, then I calmly walked to each end of the building where we have doors that require an active credit card style key to open to make sure that they're in fact locked. I didn't make a scene but one guest noticed what I did and thanked me with a $50 tip for keeping he and his family safe.

Safety is the key here, I want to stay safe and I want to keep my job safe, finally I want to make sure my guests are safe.
    DaveH likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    We don't take cash, most people know this. However people are dumb and I rather be prepared. Just yesterday apparently these youngins shop lifted from a store over a mile away and were running away from the police right by us. I noticed the kids running and the police and the first thing I did was lock the front door, then I calmly walked to each end of the building where we have doors that require an active credit card style key to open to make sure that they're in fact locked. I didn't make a scene but one guest noticed what I did and thanked me with a $50 tip for keeping he and his family safe.

Safety is the key here, I want to stay safe and I want to keep my job safe, finally I want to make sure my guests are safe.
    Well, it sounds like you have a pretty level head, and staying alive is always a strong motive to justify your actions.

I'd say carry your gun concealed and with utmost amount of discretion. Tell absolutely no one, and chances are you'll never need it the entire time you work there. And if you ever do need it, provided you live... deal with any company "policy issues" that arise after the fact.

If you think your current holster reveals too much possibility of someone recognizing it as a holster, then choose another holster or carry method. I believe that particular manufacturer (Crossbreed), offers velcro clips as an optional method of wearing their holster.

In cases where it's imperative your gun remains concealed without any tell-tale signs, you invest in the proper equipment to do the job, or find another way to accomplish your needs.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links