CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side? - Page 3

CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side?

This is a discussion on CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Fla 357 on weak side with cross draw. 9mm dead center and 380 strong side back pocket. Is that called a New ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla View Post
    357 on weak side with cross draw. 9mm dead center and 380 strong side back pocket.
    Is that called a New York double reload?

Better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.

I carry the J-frame above my right rear pocket, probably about 4:30. The cant of the holster puts the butt of the gun right where I need it when I reach behind me. The cell phone is directly in front of that, probably about 3:00. The cell phone and case help break up the pattern of the gun under the cover garment and since it's a revolver with rounded grips, it doesn't give off that traditional semi-auto shape.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I was actually going to start a thread about this same thing.
    My question is this for those that carry the phone weak side at 9:00 do you also carry a mag holster? I carry my glock IWB at about 4:30 and a single mag holder at 8:30 (weak side). I see no point in carrying a mag in the same holster as the gun because you would have to switch the gun to your weak hand to access the mag and do a reload, then transfer back to strong hand to shoot. (Since I am "barrel chested" it's not really easy to cross draw the mag left handed from 4:00 position.)

The other problem I have is a bit of a belly so I don't think carrying a cell phone at 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock range would be comfortable when sitting down.

I currently carry a small flip phone that is small enough to carry in a front pants pocket, but if I wanted to go to a smart phone I think it would be to large, and since it isn't a flip phone I would probably pocket dial china three times a day.

Distinguished Member
    Firearm on right side belt as I am right handed. Small "grandma style" flip phone in left pants pocket or vest pocket if pants not applicable.

Xtra mag on left side belt.

For me, the important thing is consistency to make the draw for any of the three items without fumbling. and, good wardrobe choices to make it work for comfort and visually.

Cell phone weak side.

I carry my phone weak side and draw weak handed.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    iPhone in a Speck case in Back pocket.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I always wear cargo style pants or shorts with a lot of pockets and the main 2 on either side are very deep. I wear my primary carry on my strong side with my cell phone (Samsung Galaxy) in my front left top pocket, my edc defense knife in my lower left front pocket (yes, I am left handed) on my right side I have a fobus paddle holster that holds one spare mag and my sure fire flashlight, and behind that a speed loader holster with a speed loader for my LCR .38 spl which happens to be in my right top front larger pocket, with my smallish can of Ruger Pepper spray in my lower right front pants pocket.

Wallet goes in my rear pocket, and keys in my lower right front pocket along with the can of pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    For those who CCW and have a cell phone that they carry in a holster, where do you place your cell phone in relation to your gun? I've tried placing my cell HTC EVO on my "weak side" which means I have to cross draw. I also have placed it strong side and positioned my gun behind my cell and have successfully drawn the gun.

If you do not place your phone in a holster, do you place it in one of your pants pockets? In a shirt pocket?

What your method?
    IWB at 3:30 does not interfear with cellphone holster at the 3.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    XD40sc IWB @ 3:00, HTC Thunderbolt OWB @4:00.
    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing." - Adolf Hitler

Government size 5" 1911 OWB @ 3:00, spare magazine OWB @ 9:00, cell phone in horizontal holster with magnetic closure OWB @ 11:00, Sig P938 in right front pocket holster, spare magazine in small pocket above it.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Tor
    Phone in left front pocket. My 1/4 inch thick gunbelt is to thick for the iphone holster (Otterbox)
    "Adventure Is Just Bad Planning" - Roald Amundsen

VIP Member
    P7 3:00 OWB.

Blackberry in holster 9:30.

Spare mag in pouch 9:00.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

TRX
    Most of the males I know put their phones in the breast pocket of their shirt. The females all use their purse.

I carry my phone in my hand and put it down near wherever I'm working. If I go somewhere, I leave it in the car. The only reason I carry it is because I have a client who occasionally calls for emergency computer support; they pay well enough to put up with the phone, but not enough for me to keep it on my body all the time.

That was the third phone from the phone store; the first two, I couldn't make out speech at all. This one's output is so mangled I get a headache after about thirty seconds, but it's enough to tell someone I can call them back on a real phone later.

IWB at 4 / OWB at 4:30-5. Phone goes into cargo pocket of shorts/ pants. Phone is quite secondary to CC firearm. I don't care about missed calls, my firearm is always more important to access freely if needed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links