CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side?

CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side?

This is a discussion on CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those who CCW and have a cell phone that they carry in a holster, where do you place your cell phone in relation to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side?

Question CCW and Cell phone holsters: Phone on the same side, in back pocket, weak side?

For those who CCW and have a cell phone that they carry in a holster, where do you place your cell phone in relation to your gun? I've tried placing my cell HTC EVO on my "weak side" which means I have to cross draw. I also have placed it strong side and positioned my gun behind my cell and have successfully drawn the gun.

If you do not place your phone in a holster, do you place it in one of your pants pockets? In a shirt pocket?

What your method?

VIP Member
    All my pants and shorts are size larger, so there is plenty of room in my front pockets for my phone, extra mags and anything else I need.
    BigPony likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

In a 'holster' clipped to my belt, just forward of my front pocket. No interference if I'm carrying the snub in the same-side pocket. Spare ammo in the weak-side front pocket.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Pants pocket is the way to go.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I carry my phone holstered on the weak side. But, I "draw" the phone with the weakside hand.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    I carry my gun strong side and my cell phone weak side. I'm not one who think life would stop without a cell phone, so if I miss a call because I can't get to it during the first ring it doesn't bother me. I also don't have a bluetooth ear piece, and I do not answer my phone when I'm driving.
    sdprof and Chief1297 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    I carry my phone holstered on the weak side. But, I "draw" the phone with the weakside hand.
    I've done that also, if anything it works your weak side so you get use to using your other hand for task, that would normally be done with the strong.

Leatherman on the weak side, cell in front pocket weak side works best for me

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I carry my gun strong side and my cell phone weak side. I'm not one who think life would stop without a cell phone, so if I miss a call because I can't get to it during the first ring it doesn't bother me. I also don't have a bluetooth ear piece, and I do not answer my phone when I'm driving.
    I have ringtones designated for certain people so I will answer the phone no matter what under normal circumstances. I also have a blue tooth which makes things much easier and come in handy during emergency situations. You can be on the phone with 911 and render aid to a man down instead of trapping the phone between your face and shoulder.

Hands free is the way to be.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Took my niece and cousin to see fireworks while employing double strong side carry.

I must say it was hard as Hell to get into my front right pocket with my cell blocking the way, but it was still easy to draw my gun while wearing a jacket. I had to rotate my phone just to try and get into my pocket but eventually I did.

Needless to say I placed my keys in my jacket for easy access.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Gun at 4 o'clock OWB.

Cell phone at 11 o'clock. Cell phone gets drawn and reholstered with "weak" hand.

Extra magazine further back from cell phone at about 8 o'clock.
    dhbry232 likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Cell phone at 3:00, gun at 4:30 IWB (tucked) or 1:00 IWB (tucked or untucked/covered). Somebody bumps the gun, they figure it's the cell phone.
    Steve

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    This

Distinguished Member
    Most of the pants I wear have some sort of a dedicated cell phone pocket - carpenter jeans, Dickies khakis, Carhartt khakis, 5.11 jean-cut khakis, assorted cargo/tac pants. If I happen to wear one of the rare pairs of pants that don't have a dedicated pocket then it goes in a shirt pocket or back pant pocket.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links