North Carolina Members - Page 2

North Carolina Members

This is a discussion on North Carolina Members within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I grew up in Charlotte, visit the daughter there fairly often, and that city will do anything at the costs of its citizens (my old ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: North Carolina Members

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I grew up in Charlotte, visit the daughter there fairly often, and that city will do anything at the costs of its citizens (my old neighborhood was consumed by airport expansion). I'd definitely pack heat there these days.

While OC and CC are legal, the list of places off-limits makes it very restrictive to my FL mind and way of life. Nowhere where admission is paid, not restaurants that serve alcohol (and what decent ones dont?), etc.

Like der alte says, the town has been taken over by uptight liberals who dream of being bigger and better than Atlanta.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    I did not read all the above posts. Biggest issue with NC is that every time there is some emergency (Snow, Weather or Other), NC Gov bans (mostly by region) the lawful carry, in any capacity, of firearms = even if you are evacuating, you legally have to leave you firearm at your home and cannot take it, in any manner of transportation within that region. It's a stupid felony if you do.
    I cannot remember the exact court case but the firearms ban has been ruled unconstitutional. Also each time perdue has signed an emergency declaration she has waived the gun and alcohol portion of the law.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I received my CHL back in 2009 and it took the average amount of time(45 days) to receive it. Now as for Charlotte, I have a very good friend of mine that is a detective on the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Dept.(20+ years) and he told me just a few weeks ago that crime in the city is a mess, I know he is not lying because of what I read and we have been friends since teenage years and we are both in our early fifties. Outside of the city things might be less eventful.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I cannot remember the exact court case but the firearms ban has been ruled unconstitutional. Also each time perdue has signed an emergency declaration she has waived the gun and alcohol portion of the law.
    Yep! The good old SAF helped get rid of that law.
    http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=397

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Also, HB843 was passed into law and totally revamps the state of emergency statutes and to clarify the court ruling, NC statute 14-288.7 that restricts the transportation of firearms and ammunition off of ones premise during a state of emergency will be repealed on Oct 1 2012 when the new law takes effect.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Also, HB843 was passed into law and totally revamps the state of emergency statutes and to clarify the court ruling, NC statute 14-288.7 that restricts the transportation of firearms and ammunition off of ones premise during a state of emergency will be repealed on Oct 1 2012 when the new law takes effect.
    Thanks for the update I totally missed that one.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Stay away from Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, crime is running crazy and towns full of liberals ....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Pick up a copy of The Places Rated Almanac too, just for fun. David Savageau's Places Rated Home Page | Places Rated

These condense a lot of data into a useable form.

Welcome too! Is it Gaius Germanicus, BTW?

Thanks everyone for all of your input, and thanks for the link to the "Places" page. It's Gaius Valerius btw.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Shoot, retire in Boone. Its strange, it is a highly liberal town but very pro gun. I had my CCW completed and back to me in 2 weeks. Sure beats 48 or 90 days elsewhere.

Have had my CHL for a couple of months and rarely frequent any areas where it is off limits. Also gun buster signs are not up at most of my regular establishments (grocery store, etc) so for me I am pretty much good to go. I would like to see the restaurant restriction repealed as I like to go out to eat (I do not drink) and would like to have more choices.

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    I did not read all the above posts. Biggest issue with NC is that every time there is some emergency (Snow, Weather or Other), NC Gov bans (mostly by region) the lawful carry, in any capacity, of firearms = even if you are evacuating, you legally have to leave you firearm at your home and cannot take it, in any manner of transportation within that region. It's a stupid felony if you do.
    Actually, this was overruled by court decision.

But the restaurant carry ban sucks - any restaurant that serves alcohol is off limits, even if you are not consuming a drop of alcohol. Not that many places aside from breakfast restaurants and fast food joints don't serve any alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Actually, this was overruled by court decision.

But the restaurant carry ban sucks - any restaurant that serves alcohol is off limits, even if you are not consuming a drop of alcohol. Not that many places aside from breakfast restaurants and fast food joints don't serve any alcohol.
    Pretty much leaves Waffle House and Golden Coral. Neither FL nor VA have that issue nor the issue of signs holding weight of law. When I go back to NC to visit family I find myself telling my wife "I can't go in there" and she looks at me and says "Why?" and I always have to find a creative way to remind her without saying "GUN."
    JoeK likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

C'mon down to Bama. We have the past three Football National Champs, great weather, and you can carry a gun just about anywhere except a courthouse.

Eastern NC is easy to carry in. Great retirement area with ranges for shooting plenty of golf courses plenty of fishing and you can always drive to the mountains in about 4 hours.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    SC isn't bad. No OC, and pretty much the standard 'No Carry Zones'- doctors, hospitals, 'establishments that serve alcohol', state/federal buildings, schools, etc. And, there is 'set legal signage'- it has to be 'so big, with this design...' anything else isn't a legal sign, and you can't get in trouble other than 'armed trespassing' if you refuse to leave IF you get caught carrying.

NC, I don't know much about other than I don't like their 'permit to purchase' system.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links