Letter to local store - Page 4

Letter to local store

This is a discussion on Letter to local store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I doubt one letter will make a difference. But, I guess the average sale there is about $100.00. If a 1000 write a similar letter, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Letter to local store

I doubt one letter will make a difference.

But, I guess the average sale there is about $100.00. If a 1000 write a similar letter, that's $100,000. I don't think any business can ignore that.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Is the sign new? If so, we should all send a different letter. We would have to do it a few at a time, over the next month or so and see how quick the sign comes down. The OP could watch and report back. Do they have an email address? We would have to make sure the name of the business wasn't posted in this thread so they can't search the internet and find out.
    catt101 likes this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Is the sign new? If so, we should all send a different letter. We would have to do it a few at a time, over the next month or so and see how quick the sign comes down. The OP could watch and report back. Do they have an email address? We would have to make sure the name of the business wasn't posted in this thread so they can't search the internet and find out.
    I'd do it. If you find out an email address, PM me.

No, I don't believe the sign is new. However, I have to admit I never really looked until I quit drinking the koolaid and got my CCW. Although, the one at the store in question did look like a new sign. Not faded or messed up in any way.

My letter was mailed on Friday, so they should have recieved it this morning. As I drive by this location almost daily, I will keep my eye on it and report any changes here.
    I do believe I will get a disposable email address and maybe send another letter to them that way and see if they respond.

I would add to the letter that many stores that want to display an anti gun sign including 99cent only Stores, Aldi Stores and others that I have noticed are now displaying signs, not verbatem, that state that the unlicened carrying of a handgun is a federal crime punishable by XXXXX, and not permitted in this store. Keyword unlicened, so we that are legal are welcome. It might help to point out that there is an alternative sign for them.

Very good letter. I hope you get some response.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I looked at your list of companies and actors and was amazed at the number of actors who have made millions of dollars starring in movies that include a fair amount of gun play. Ex. Matt Damon, Sean Connery, Kevin Costner etc...
    I'd buy their rhetoric if they declined movies that caused them to handle guns in any manner.
    catt101 likes this.
    "Watch yer top knot."

1Az2Risk
    Kimber Ultra Carry
    Ruger LCP
    Rock River AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Just curious, is the store affiliated with the team/organization? If so no number of letters or amount of logic will make a difference. The KC Royals and KC Chief organizations both are anti gun.

Follow the link and scroll down to organizations:

Anti-gun Companies, Organizations, Media And Celebrities - Gun Owners Of America
    That's a long friggin list! I think it's so bizarre that a lot of the actors listed are also responsible for some of the major gun toting movies to date!
    Stallone alone has some of the most gun violent movies, period!

Well written. Not threatening or whinning, just stating your opposition to their decision. Nice job.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links