Why is Walmart Considered 4 A First Carry Initiation?

This is a discussion on Why is Walmart Considered 4 A First Carry Initiation? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by velo99 First carry was at my local convenience store for smokes and a fountain soda.Went to Wally World a few days later. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Why is Walmart Considered 4 A First Carry Initiation?

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    First carry was at my local convenience store for smokes and a fountain soda.Went to Wally World a few days later. I always carry at the bank. We have had several get robbed here lately. Dont want to be a victim while putting my check in the bank. I would react the same way as a convenience store robbery. If the BG just does his thing and leaves, I am a witness. If he starts waving his gun around, threatening folks ....
    My bank has good cover too. Nice big pillars and kiosks for filling out forms.
    Always wonder if they have guards on premises. Never see any but that doesn`t mean they aren`t behind one of the doors that I never see anyone go into or out of.
    I've worked in 2 credit unions and 1 bank. The only guard in all 3 would have been YOU, thanks for CC'ing.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    Honestly, I think it's because people don't view Wal-Mart as a threatening place, therefore, they use it to practice their first carry. If someone is nervous and wants to carry in CC public (around others) for the first time they would probably go to a place where they could get used to carrying without the high probably of having to use their gun. Wal-Mart seems like a great place to test the waters because the probability of using your gun there seems minimal + you are exposed to high traffic. Once you get comfortable in Wal-Mart it's pretty easy to be comfortable in most other places.
    On the other hand...depending on the Walmart, it could be used as a good test to see whether or not you have the proper temperament to carry a firearm. People in a Walmart can quickly cause a powerful rage to buildup inside...haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    On the other hand...depending on the Walmart, it could be used as a good test to see whether or not you have the proper temperament to carry a firearm. People in a Walmart can quickly cause a powerful rage to buildup inside...haha!
    True, I remember on black friday a few years ago someone was trampled to death.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

My first walk was at the dollar store. I wanted it to be risky. lol

I did go to Wally World the first day out, but not as part of some grand plan. Thing was, I was with my wife, and she CANNOT leave the house without going to Walmart. Can't happen. So, we went. She crapped cookies when we got home and I disarmed and I told her I had it with me the whole time. Not that she was upset, but that she couldn't tell I had it at all - she didn't even know I'd picked up my license earlier that day.

Sorry, I rarely have been in WalMart stores. When I got my permit I packed my revolver and went wherever I wanted that allowed weapons. Actually WalMart should be one of the last places to go first. Many of the WalMart shoppers care less what is going on around them. Just saying..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

bject: RE: Firearms Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart regarding our concealed handgun policy. Wal-Mart was founded by Sam Walton on three basic principles. Strive for Excellence, Service to our Customers, and Respect for the Individual. It is that respect for the individual that led us to create the current policy pertaining to concealed handguns. The following is our policy......If a Wal-Mart customer has been awarded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property, With the exception of law enforcement personnel, Wal-Mart does not allow any exposed weapons to be worn or carried in public view on Wal-Mart property or in Wal-Mart stores. Customers other than law enforcement personnel wearing or carrying a weapon in an exposed manner will be asked to leave the property immediately. We appreciate your concern and trust that this message has addressed your concerns regarding this issue. Thank you, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. This policy is still in affect today 2011

Walmarts official position.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future
    Carrying since 2013
    NRA member since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    So every New CC License holder on the Internet talks about their first walk as a concealed carry member in Walmart. Why is that the case? Because it is the most common retail store in the country? Why not "The Mall" or "The Flea Market". I find those areas to be a higher functioning test since many more people are in your personal space.
    1. You can carry there , get used to the idea with lots of people around , etc. and that people really don't notice.
    2. You can buy ammo while you are there and other gun related items.
    3. You can buy chips , a steak, and other items there to celebrate your CC license.
    4. You can check out some 'cover shirts" at the same time.....

All in the same place......

Can't do that at a flea market or a mall.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Have you really looked at some of the people who frequent Walmart?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    The Wally World walk also offers the opportunity to pick up some more ammo and to look for clothing for better concealment.
    EXACTLY what I did.

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

GH
    Time for a confession - I haven't even been in a Wal Mart since I've had my CCL. My first CC experience was at my bank, then on to a super market, neither with a gunbuster sign posted.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    1. You can carry there , get used to the idea with lots of people around , etc. and that people really don't notice.
    2. You can buy ammo while you are there and other gun related items.
    3. You can buy chips , a steak, and other items there to celebrate your CC license.
    4. You can check out some 'cover shirts" at the same time.....

All in the same place......

Can't do that at a flea market or a mall.
    That pretty much sums it up for me. Great post
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Have you really looked at some of the people who frequent Walmart?
    Let's you work on "situational awareness" while you are at it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links