AMC Theaters "No Weapons Allowed" sign

This is a discussion on AMC Theaters "No Weapons Allowed" sign within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of weeks ago I went to an AMC Theather at the nearby city of Altamonte Springs and saw no weapons allowed signs on ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: AMC Theaters "No Weapons Allowed" sign

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar

AMC Theaters "No Weapons Allowed" sign

A couple of weeks ago I went to an AMC Theather at the nearby city of Altamonte Springs and saw no weapons allowed signs on the front doors. This is the first time I see this type of signs anywhere. Someone forgot to tell AMC that signs like that mean nothing in Florida.

2. Remove Ads

That's ok. They don't need to know so they use "correct" signs in states where the signs do mean something.

Well, if an AMC sign deters someone in Florida, then maybe that person doesn't know the rules well enough to be carrying ???
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Those signs mean nothing...your weapon is concealed and you go on about your business.
    This in not illegal, if asked to leave...go, but then you could be asked to go for other reasons, too...you still need to go.
    I would, however, as the principle of the matter, use a different place to spend my $$.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; July 8th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    USM1976, 40Bob, shooterX and 4 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I went to an AMC Theather at the nearby city of Altamonte Springs and saw no weapons allowed signs on the front doors. This is the first time I see this type of signs anywhere. Someone forgot to tell AMC that signs like that mean nothing in Florida.
    Yeah I saw the sign on the door too.... All I can say is, I really enjoyed the movie "Prometheus" in IMAX 3D.
    Chesafreak likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    AMC is anti gun, all of their theaters are posted. Doesn't bother me. I don't go to theaters. They are over priced, their popcorn tastes like cardboard, their sodas are watered down and you can't pause the movie when you have to take a nature break. If I want to see a particular movie, I'll wait and watch it in the comfort of my home.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

AMC & Wherenberg are both VERY anti-2A. They also do not obey the laws in place for proper signage in Missouri.

If someone does not want to have weapons in their facility they need to post signage in accordance with the local regulations in my opinion.
    Locally that means 11x14 sign with 1" lettering clearly POSTED AT EVERY POINT OF ENTRY.

The prime example I see at Wherenberg Galaxy theater in Chesterfield, MO is a 3 foot by 8 foot sign with 1/4" lettering behind the customer service desk and a 2 foot by 3 foot sign on the inside of DARK tinted glass. I did not see the signs near the entrances till after I noticed the sign at the customer service desk. You have to already bought tickets & entered the theater to get to this sign. Then I had to step back out to verify if they had signs at entrances & it took some hunting and purposeful looking to find the signs. All three signs have the no guns text buried in the middle of 10 other "tips for enjoying movies."

If they expect me to obey their wishes I expect them to obey the law.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

C.A.N.T

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would, however, as the principal of the matter, use a different place to spend my $$.
    ...or even the principle of the matter!
    lionround likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    ...or even the principle of the matter!
    I saw that on my re-reads, how embarrassing...for a principal, too.
    bigmacque, lionround and gasmitty like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Luckily for you in FL and us in MN the signs mean nothing.

Most of the signs in MN don't meet the requirements of the law.

Since you can get a really big TV in HD and a Super, Nifty DVD player in blu-ray cheap, all you need to do is spend $19 on an air popper and you're good to go without ever leaving the house. No getting dressed (jammies are good), no gas wasted, no high admission prices with overpriced snacks, and best of all, no general public. You can even do 3D if you want.
    9mmspecial and awoodpd13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    Since you can get a really big TV in HD and a Super, Nifty DVD player in blu-ray cheap, all you need to do is spend $19 on an air popper and you're good to go without ever leaving the house. No getting dressed (jammies are good), no gas wasted, no high admission prices with overpriced snacks, and best of all, no general public. You can even do 3D if you want.
    What's this air popper thing you speak of? I just use a big pot, pop it up fresh and moist. Never did like the air popped kind.

I can count the number of times wife and I have to to the theater in the last decade on one hand, and have fingers left over. I'm not even sure if the Carmike theaters here post, not that it would mean anything.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

We used to go every couple of weeks or so. It's been a few years since we've been to a movie theatre. As others have suggested, and as we have a 61 inch TV plus a good surround sound system, satellite TV and can do any movie we want and not have to get dressed, yeah, get dressed to go out, why leave the house?
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danwdooley View Post
    We used to go every couple of weeks or so. It's been a few years since we've been to a movie theatre. As others have suggested, and as we have a 61 inch TV plus a good surround sound system, satellite TV and can do any movie we want and not have to get dressed, yeah, get dressed to go out, why leave the house?

Totally agree! I much prefer watching movies at home. I have a nice sorround sound set up and a nice TV also. This was a rare exception I made for my daughter..she could not wait to see Brave.

When I do go I have an Amstar theater, much nicer, much nicer area also, just 5 minutes from my house, and they don't have any signs.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links