Show them the signs

This is a discussion on Show them the signs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Texas, we have what are known as 30.06 signs that anyone can post on their property and the signs serve to prohibit concealed weapon ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mprp
  • 1 Post By 3dfxMM

Thread: Show them the signs

VIP Member

Show them the signs

In Texas, we have what are known as 30.06 signs that anyone can post on their property and the signs serve to prohibit concealed weapon permit holders from bringing their weapons on the premises. They look like this:

We also have another sign that looks like this:

I was thinking that whenever we see the 30.06 sign, we should show a picture of the second sign to the premise owner and ask them if maybe they meant to put up the second sign. Maybe they don't want to prohibit all guns, just illegal ones. They'll see that they have another option and don't have to ban licensed carry permit holders from their property.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Not a bad idea. Educate them. In this case it could help the concealed carry movement.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Plus there is the 51 sign for bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I imagine you would get a few to see the difference.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Good Idea...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    In Texas, we have what are known as 30.06 signs that anyone can post on their property and the signs serve to prohibit concealed weapon permit holders from bringing their weapons on the premises. They look like this:

We also have another sign that looks like this:

I saw the second sign yesterday. What kind of sign is that and is it actually legal? I only remember the 30.06 and 51% signs in my CHL class.

Thanks.

VIP Member
    The question that arises is if the second sign is valid for a business that does not fall under the TX ABC?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    The question that arises is if the second sign is valid for a business that does not fall under the TX ABC?
    I don't know but I think such a sign would be legal (except for any slight to the TX ABC, but I mean a generic sign made to say the same substantive thing).
    Seems like if you want to rule out illegal carry in your place you should well be able to do so. How effective that is would be another question; perhaps it might help in an insurance or other type situation.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

The second sign is a TABC sign for businesses that sells alcohol. A business can't just put one.

Quote Originally Posted by JJVP View Post
    The second sign is a TABC sign for businesses that sells alcohol. A business can't just put one.
    Thanks. My is question concerning the second sign is if it actually keeps a CHL holder from entering. My understanding is that it DOESN'T (since it says "unlicensed" and a CHL holder has a license to carry), but I'm new to this whole CHL thing so I'm trying to make sure.

Thanks.

There is no reason to put up a sign to rule out illegal carry. It is already illegal without the sign and those who are doing it don't care about what sign is displayed. In Texas, it is usually a misdemeanor to carry without a license. However, it is a felony to do so in any establishment that sells alcohol. That is the reason for the second sign. It is just a notice of the escalation of level of crime. It has no meaning nor legal value on any other type of business and it is required to be posted on businesses that sell alcohol.
    Pistoldoc likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I thought this thread was about signs like this...168802_264928526946976_244828774_n.jpg
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I could hit that sign with a 30.06 from 200 yds.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxMM View Post
    There is no reason to put up a sign to rule out illegal carry. It is already illegal without the sign and those who are doing it don't care about what sign is displayed. In Texas, it is usually a misdemeanor to carry without a license. However, it is a felony to do so in any establishment that sells alcohol. That is the reason for the second sign. It is just a notice of the escalation of level of crime. It has no meaning nor legal value on any other type of business and it is required to be posted on businesses that sell alcohol.
    Thanks for the reply. This is what I was thinking, but just wanted to be sure.

Links