Beretta vs glock - Page 2

Beretta vs glock

This is a discussion on Beretta vs glock within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GLOCK Being in the military, we use the Beretta M9 and I have ran into too many where the external safety did not work. Now, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Beretta vs glock

GLOCK

Being in the military, we use the Beretta M9 and I have ran into too many where the external safety did not work. Now, I realize that the shooters before me probably did not take care of their M9 as they should have. Got it. But I can only go on my experience and my experience says the Beretta safety breaks often. I have owned Glocks (19, 21SF, 26, 32, 36) since 1998 and not a single one has ever broken in any way. I do baby them, as I do all my weapons....so....take it for what it's worth. I will say the weight of the Beretta in 9mm dampens the recoil to almost nothing. Big plus.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by nydru90 View Post
    Which is better?
    What you shoot better is better.

Both are quality handguns. So which ever one floats your boat is the right answer.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

First thing first welcome to the forum.

While sometimes the search feature can be recommended in a bit of a snarky tone, it really works well. This forum has been around for a while and is populated by some very experienced people so chances are if you have firearm questions, someone's probably already asked them.

Have you gone and read some of the defensive carry guns discussions? There is wealth of info there and feel free to ask specific questions about firearms posted on.

From the sound of the threads you have started, you're relatively new to the firearms world. Again, welcome, and remember everyone gets a chance to be new to something. Do you have any friends or family that are gun folks and can let you shoot different firearms? If not, the easiest thing to do would be go to a range, spend some time talking to the people behind the counter and rent some different makes, models, and calibers. Some formal instruction is also a REALLY good idea.

In the mean time read through some discussions and generally you can get an idea on what would be a good first defensive/carry pistol. I would suggest read up on the s&w m&p (stands for military & police), glock, snubbies in general, kahr, Walther, and sig sauer off the top of my head.

Search with these as key words and as you come up with specific questions about these post and your answers will certainly be answered, and that post counter goes up.

IMO......the Italians do two things good without compromise.......that would be pasta and wine. Take that as you will. Which is better? Depends on what your doctor recommends I reckon.

Clearly Beretta makes a better carbine, shotgun, and small single stack pistol. :)
    10thmtn likes this.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    IMO......the Italians do two things good without compromise.......that would be pasta and wine. Take that as you will. Which is better? Depends on what your doctor recommends I reckon.
    You forgot high end supercars. :)

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quality is the same for both. Beretta has an edge on technology and design innovation. I just wish it had a striker fired version. I like them both, and I own both.

Glock

I will always love the Glock. That being said, I had a chance to shoot my buddy's Beretta 92 last fall, and I was very impressed with it. Great ergos, very accurate. A real sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    You forgot high end supercars. :)
    He said quality...

I used to carry a Beretta 92F for law enforcement duty. I kept it cleaned and well maintained, but started to have a lot of malfunctions. One weakness I found in the Beretta was the magazines. There are some mags that are slightly better than others. The crimp on the floorplate is just a bad design IMO. I actually had to position a piece of carpeting in front of me, on the recruit academy range (as per the range instructor). The carpet was to drop the mags on to keep them from getting damaged and coming apart. I did not use the carpet one day, and yes my dropped mag flew apart when I dropped it on the concrete! I switched to a Glock 23 and like it so much better. It is lighter and the shape and design allow for a more accurate shooting grip. I am much more accurate with the Glock.

Personally, I prefer Pepsi.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

glock
    Glock 23 Gen3-- Mepro Light Tru Glo night sights-Polished Internals-3.5 lb connector-6 lb trigger return spring Extended slide release lever-Stainless steel guide rod-Pierce grip plug
    Glock 26 gen3--
    Pierce +2 mag extension w/ finger groove

I'm a Beretta guy, so I'm biased. We have Glock 17s available to carry at work, but I choose to carry one of my personal Berettas. It is usually an M9 frame with a 96D Centurion upper.

If you like the Glocks, then consider taking a look at the PX4 Type C ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links