Concealed carrying for years but......

This is a discussion on Concealed carrying for years but...... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many of u actually got into a situation where the guns had to come out? I always see on this forum bad guy this ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Xader
  • 2 Post By mano3
  • 1 Post By joker1
  • 1 Post By JD

Thread: Concealed carrying for years but......

Concealed carrying for years but......

How many of u actually got into a situation where the guns had to come out? I always see on this forum bad guy this and bad guy that but how many bad guys have u people really encountered???? And no I'm not a dam troll

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    troll or no....try the 'search' feature

and......hi
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member
    I've never cleared leather, but I did have one encounter that ended with my cover thrown back and hand on grip. Thug with a knife decided that those odds weren't worth my wife's purse.

Never had to touch it in defense before or since, and I'm just fine with that!

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I've drawn three times, but never fired:

1 - My crazy neighbor tried to break into my house and assault me; gun made her stop.

2 - A Chihuahua ran into my house and I thought it was a giant rat; wife made me stop.

3 - A pit bull charged my porch, but my German Shepherd scared him off.
    ericb327 and WHEC724 like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    I've drawn three times, but never fired:

1 - My crazy neighbor tried to break into my house and assault me; gun made her stop.

2 - A Chihuahua ran into my house and I thought it was a giant rat; wife made me stop.

3 - A pit bull charged my porch, but my German Shepherd scared him off.
    You let your wife stop you from eliminating a barking rat, turn in your man card.

OP, I haven't encountered anything since carrying (works for me, hopefully it continues).
    mano3 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I guess I lead a very boring life. Made it to age 55 before purchasing my first handgun (grew up with shotties and .22's) and I doubt I've ever been within three miles of a situation where I would've needed one. Just don't live in a dangerous area I guess. My odds of having and dying from my 2nd heart attack are much, much greater than needing to save my life with a gun. The people I'm scared of are the ones driving cars (when I'm riding). And FTR, I've often wished I could shoot some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    You let your wife stop you from eliminating a barking rat, turn in your man card.

OP, I haven't encountered anything since carrying (works for me, hopefully it continues).
    Barking rat! Ohh that's good.

Never had to draw on a person, hope I never have to. I've drawn and fired on animals multiple times. Coyotes, skunks, porcupines, etc.

JD
    Administrator
    Topic running here: Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

Links