WA State CPL Wait time

This is a discussion on WA State CPL Wait time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by C hawk Glock That is why I don't live in king county....... Not all of those guys necessesarily were real "sex offenders". ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WA State CPL Wait time

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    That is why I don't live in king county.......
    Not all of those guys necessesarily were real "sex offenders". Not all of them were necessarily child molesters either. Think about it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Are they still issueing the cheesy paper permits that you have to fold and cut the edges to fit it in your wallet, or have they upgraded yet?
    That paper designed in the 60s is part of why our permits are so cheap... But ya, they're cheesy.

If you fold them in the right spot and trim them just right, you can laminate them to the size of a regular driver license, but it's a process.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    That paper designed in the 60s is part of why our permits are so cheap... But ya, they're cheesy.

If you fold them in the right spot and trim them just right, you can laminate them to the size of a regular driver license, but it's a process.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    It's pretty irksome in a way in the other direction too. The ones you get from Florida have a photo, and are laminated and are thick like a driver's license. Less likely to lose and less likely to get damaged. But the total cost is $117, plus whatever you pay for fingerprints, picture at the drug store, and notary. When you look at that figure compared to what Arizona charges or New Hampshire, it's a big difference!

D.J.
    Last edited by Jollymann; August 4th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    That is why I don't live in king county.......
    i agree with you - on the other hand, i returned to WA from San Francisco, CA., and even King Co. is GREAT by comparison!

i worked in a Lynnwood WA gunstore (Snohomish County) for about five years in the late 90's - early 2000's. i heard many stories about how long it took to receive the CPL after applying. Snohomish County typically took seven to ten days to arrive. the one time i applied through City of Edmonds, it took about a week. King County applicants nearly always had to wait virtually the entire 30 days that the issuing agency was allowed before receiving their permit. at the time i thought that anti-gun King Co. was just dragging things out as much as could on purpose. my thoughts have shifted, and now i suspect that it was just more applicants/fewer staff that caused the maximum wait. i could be wrong, however.

and i saw a post on DC reasonably recently that WA was going to a laminated, DL-size permit.

My first CPL was from Oak Harbor police and took 7 days from applying to picking it up. I will be renewing next year through the king county sheriff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    and i saw a post on DC reasonably recently that WA was going to a laminated, DL-size permit.
    Really? Do you have it subscribed?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Kitsap county sheriff in silverdale usually gets done in about 45 minutes.

A week and two days for a non-res!

For those still following this thread:

I guess I can forgive the state of Washington now for no longer recognizing Florida's permit (as of April) since it only took the state and Port Townsend PD less than two weeks to get my permit mailed down to the Republic of Texas. I'm quite pleased I'll be able to carry legally on my next trip to Puget Sound.

Regards,
    TXCOMT

The process took 28 days in Bellingham, Whatcom County. The "license" was kind of card board cheesy, weird size, type writer kind of thing; but I wanted to get it laminated. Bellingham is a liberal college town. I went to the local Kinkos, expecting the worst. The counter guy, younger than me but not a kid by any means, says "no problem, I see these all the time. I'll take care of it". And he did! Perfectly trimmed and laminated. So, I guess I'm not alone in this little college town; closer to Canada than anywhere else.

New form?

Dog, that's how my first non-res permit, issued by Tukwila PD, looked, too. The one I got yesterday looks much more official; I suppose the state figured it wouldn't kill 'em to make the things a little nicer. Of course, maybe some folks were counterfeiting the old ones...wouldn't be that hard!

TXCOMT

Got mine in about 4 days, at the PC LESA office.

Applied for mine in downtown Seattle September 11th. I was guaranteed 30 days at the most. She said to call if it wasn't there by then. I got it earlier this month on 10/2. Paperwork said it had been approved 9/27 but apparently they use the slowest shipping method possible to actually get it to you after it's approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanguy7890 View Post
    Applied for mine in downtown Seattle September 11th. I was guaranteed 30 days at the most. She said to call if it wasn't there by then. I got it earlier this month on 10/2. Paperwork said it had been approved 9/27 but apparently they use the slowest shipping method possible to actually get it to you after it's approved.
    Was this King County? If so, you'll be shocked at how well the renewal process works. My last renewal took all of 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanguy7890 View Post
    The 27th was a Friday, the 2nd was the following Wednesday... if they approved it on Friday, issued on Monday, and it went into the mail truck on Monday afternoon, I'd say that's pretty good...

-- John F. Kennedy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links