WA State CPL Wait time

WA State CPL Wait time

This is a discussion on WA State CPL Wait time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my CPL today, I live in Tacoma. It took exactly 30 days, in case anyone was wondering on the wait time in Pierce ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WA State CPL Wait time

WA State CPL Wait time

Just got my CPL today, I live in Tacoma. It took exactly 30 days, in case anyone was wondering on the wait time in Pierce County, at least for me who is a new applicant. When I went into the office a LOT of people were there applying, which is good to see.

I live in an unincorporated area of Pierce County and like Tacoma residents do, I applied at the Pierce County court house LESA office in May of 2011. I waited in line for about 10 minutes and received my permit in the mail exactly 2 weeks later.
    I helped a friend renew his CPL at the LESA office (the new location) earlier this year and it was pretty crowded. It took close to an hour to get to the window. Two weeks later, he said he had not received anything about his CPL, but I don't know exactly how long it ended up taking.

It is nice that many people are getting their CPL, but I think a part of the increased time is because of lower levels of LESA staffing due to budget cuts.

Well, up North in King County, when you apply for the CPL, you get to wait in the line with those who have to register as sex offenders!

Seriously!

There isn't anything that I can think of that is worse than sexually abusing a child. It was very difficult to be in the same room with those people.
    Burns likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    Well, up North in King County, when you apply for the CPL, you get to wait in the line with those who have to register as sex offenders!Seriously!There isn't anything that I can think of that is worse than sexually abusing a child. It was very difficult to be in the same room with those people.
    That is why I don't live in king county.......
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Snohomish County I made a appointment and was fingerprinted plus filed out the form. It took 30 days and was painless

Sent using 2 cans and string

I applied in the King County courthouse in Seattle and it took exactly 30 days to receive the permit. The staff were friendly and professional and it was pretty painless, except for the fact I had to find parking in downtown Seattle!

I have never had a problem in SE King Co. but have never had a line or wait in Kittitas (Ellensburg) ang get the license in less than a week.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    That is why I don't live in king county.......
    Regardless of where you live there will always be at least a few in your neighborhood. I looked up my neighborhood once, lets just say I gave up counting them...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member
    Wait time on my non-res in Klickitat Co was about 15 mins

I finally got my parents to apply for their CPLs last Wednesday (Pierce County LESA office in Tacoma). They received their CPLs in the mail yesterday. ONLY one week!

They had to wait 2.5 hours in line when they applied. It was very busy at LESA.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Are they still issueing the cheesy paper permits that you have to fold and cut the edges to fit it in your wallet, or have they upgraded yet?
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Are they still issueing the cheesy paper permits that you have to fold and cut the edges to fit it in your wallet, or have they upgraded yet?
    Just a smallish pice of paper

Sent via Mental Power

I applied at Kent PD and received it in 9 days. Thought that was pretty darn good.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I seen one of the new ones the other day from Island county, it is about the same size as your drivers license.

As far as the wait time goes, In Skagit County, I appied for mine on a friday afternoon, and took it out of the mail box and into my wallet the following wednesday afternoon.

The CPLs my parents received are the same kind that have been issued in the past. Folded paper, then laminated. ...I hate that so much. I trimmed my laminated permit to the point that it barely fits in a window behind my DL, but the paper is exposed to the air because I had to cut so much of the laminated border off.

Wow, seems like CPL wait times are way down. When I first applied over a year ago I had to wait two weeks and I thought that was a really fast time. A couple of years before that, my friend (also applying at LESA) had to wait almost a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links