Middle East "Rage" and local CC

This is a discussion on Middle East "Rage" and local CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I understand that we all come from vastly different backgrounds, up-bringings and live in different areas of the world. That said, I have a question ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle East "Rage" and local CC

Middle East "Rage" and local CC

I understand that we all come from vastly different backgrounds, up-bringings and live in different areas of the world. That said, I have a question for y'all.
    Has the recent "unrest", freakouts or however you wish to describe the recent threats and (to me) incredible over-reactions over perceived or real criticism of the Muslim faith, caused you to:
    1, Increase your awareness, (level Orange at all times)?
    2, Increase your "carry percentage"? That is, do you carry your firearm more often now than before?
    3, Change your daily routine in any manner related to the "unrest"?
    4, Do you feel that this "Muslim rage" is coming here and are are prepared for it?

I know that my level of awareness is much higher and I have upgraded my carry weapon from a .38 to .45, and am carrying far more often (I am able to and do carry at my Jewish owned place of employment.) I believe that south Florida is likely place for terrorist activities, so I am taking what I consider to be reasonable precautions.
    What do you think? What have you done to plan for the possibilities where you live?

Roger

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to all of the above! Be alert, be ready and DO NOT second-guess your instincts. We are a big target and the Holy month is fast approaching. The clash of civilizations is imminent, and WE will be guilty and wrong until proven innocent. A .45 is a great choice (biased view) - spam cans of 450 rounds are still less than $100 and good to have for a long time! Having a primary with lots of ammo and lots of extra mags is good. Having a second pistol with half the supply of the primary is better!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

What? What does the holy month have to do with anything? Recent history has shown that attacks tend to be less likely during Ramadon. Clash of civilizations? I see this thread fast divolving in to rhetoric...

I have to admit...for good or bad. I've been more aware of what my next door neighbors are doing. They're middle eastern....VERY nice people. Right after the latest "outrage" they've been having a HUGE amount of people at their house. I've been VERY aware of the comings and goings of a large group of middle eastern young men.....there to mourn the passing of their little girl who has been fighting cancer for 2 years we found out today. I felt a BIT like a heel for suspecting anything...then again...I didn't. If that makes any sense at all to anyone but me. I’m horribly sorry at their loss….but…when I see a large group of only middle eastern men out back on their patio I seem to just pay attention a bit more. No women, no children…just the men. I KNOW it’s just the way they do things and the PC police would like to “re-educate” me…but…they’ll live. I don’t go calling the LEOs reporting their every move…just I pay attention to what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
    4, Do you feel that this "Muslim rage" is coming here and are are prepared for it?
    The kind of mass demonstrations and riots you see on the news, I doubt you will see here. Individuals "snapping" and going "jihad", it has already happened:

1. NC incident where muslim deliberately runs over a bunch of people with his vehicle at an NC college campus.

2. Shooting at Jewish Federation office in Seattle.

3. Recent San Francisco incident where one person is killed and others injured by muslim running people over with his SUV.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
    Coming over here? I've been amazed fro years that it has taken so long! Are we ready? NO!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

We have no one to blame but ourselves. We have allowed our politicians to have control and the American people have not stood up and said with their votes, enough, close the borders and do not let anymore of these people in.

We also need to say and make sure everyone that immigrates to this country understands that this country was built on the faith of Christianity. If you don't don't like don't come here. Oh but wait our liberal friends see them as voters and don't care if they ruin our country and what it stands for.

English is also our language learn it or leave. Do not add spanish or other languags to our ATM machines.

So to answer YES to all the above I am aware of everything that goes on around me and mine.

The fact that the Pope had to appologize for something he did not do says how much power they have gained.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Yep for me.
    Started carrying more because of opening a new business but I carry every time I go out the door.

At work, I leave it locked in the car because I have to (it is a university.) But I'm never far away from a weapon or two anymore.

Let's say that the shootings at colleges recently have increased my level a bit too.

But yeah, I keep an eye out and have started carrying and continue to, in part because of the threats out there, both foreign and domestic.
    Armed & Dangerous...and Inconspicuous...

Quote Originally Posted by rvacoastie View Post
    What? What does the holy month have to do with anything? Recent history has shown that attacks tend to be less likely during Ramadon.
    Actually that isn't true at all. Not to mention the fact that many of Al Qaeda's recent threat tapes, videos and web postings have mentioned a major attack is coming to US shores during Ramadan.
    Proud Georgia Firearms Licensee
    Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact
    Seecamp LWS32
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22
    Bersa Thunder 380

Recent events have not changed my CCW habits, I carry as much as the law allows as it is.

As far as muslim extremests are concerned they've already been here. They took two shots at the Towers and finaly got what they were going for.

Now muslims in general I still give the benifit of the doubt (innocent until proven guilty) but as a private citizen I can racial profile and if I have someone suspicious (what ever race or creed they are) around I've got one eye on them and the other scanning the area.

Muslim extremests are just another two legged preditor. Only difference between them and the mugger variety is that thier primiary purpos is to kill you.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

VIP Member
    I think that 9/11 taught us a lot. So now, I donít just consider my own personal safety and that of my family, I realize the need to be watchful for those threats that can hurt the masses.

Some people like to refer to certain religious zealots as extremist. They are not, they are fundamentalist. Every religion has them and not everyone who is religious is a fundamentalist! To me it makes no sense to pay more attention to any particular group based on race, religion or type of dress. I think we need to be watchful for particular kinds of behavior that indicate ill intent. Thatís just how I look at things and everyone has their own idea of whatís safe for them.

So to answer your question, recent events have not for me changed anything. Iím already as aware and watchful as I can be.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Ya know,
    The Internet can be a scary place....given what this thread is about and the story at:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=52018

Guess the shottie will be my new carry

Al-Qaida warns Muslims: Time to get out of U.S.
    Afghan terror commander hints at big attack on N.Y., Washington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: September 17, 2006
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Adnan el-Shukrijumah

The new al-Qaida field commander in Afghanistan is calling for Muslims to leave the U.S. Ė particularly Washington and New York Ė in anticipation of a major terror attack to rival Sept. 11, according to an interview by a Pakistani journalist.

Abu Dawood told Hamid Mir, a reporter who has covered al-Qaida and met with Osama bin Laden, the attack is being coordinated by Adnan el-Shukrijumah and suggests it may involve some form of weapon of mass destruction smuggled across the Mexican border.

(Story continues below)

"Our brothers are ready to attack inside America. We will breach their security again," he is quoted as saying. "There is no timeframe for our attack inside America; we can do it any time."

As WND has previously reported, el-Shukrijumah is a trained nuclear technician and accomplished pilot who has been singled out by bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri to serve as the field commander for the next terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

The terrorist was last seen in Mexico, where, on Nov. 1, 2004, he allegedly hijacked a Piper PA Pawnee cropduster from Ejido Queretaro near Mexicali to transport a nuclear weapon and nuclear equipment into the U.S., according to Paul Williams, a former FBI consultant and author of "The Dunces of Doomsday."

"He is an American and a friend of Muhammad Atta, who led 9/11 attacks five years ago," said Dawood. "We call him 'Jaffer al Tayyar' (Jafer the Pilot); he is very brave and intelligent. (President) Bush is aware that brother Adnan has smuggled deadly materials inside America from the Mexican border. Bush is silent about him, because he doesnít want to panic his people. Sheikh Osama bin Laden has completed his cycle of warnings. You know, he is man of his words, he is not a politician; he always does what he says. If he said it many times that Americans will see new attacks, they will definitely see new attacks. He is a real mujahid. Americans will not win this war, which they have started against Muslims. Americans are the biggest supporters of the biggest terrorist in the world, which is Israel."

Dawood said he was currently conducting operations in Afghanistan under the leadership of the Taliban. He warned of a series of upcoming suicide bombings there directed against government and coalition forces during Ramadan.

He is also quoted as saying the next attack in America will not be conducted by people like Atta.

"We have a different plan for the next attack," he told Mir. "You will see. Americans will hardly find out any Muslim names, after the next attack. Most of our brothers are living in Western countries, with Jewish and Christian names, with passports of Western countries. This time, someone with the name of Mohamed Atta will not attack inside America, it would be some David, Richard or Peter."

He said there will be another audio message from bin Laden aired within the next two weeks.

Mir reportedly interviewed Dawood Sept. 12 at the tomb of Sultan Mehmud Ghaznawi on the outskirts of Kabul. Dawood and the al-Qaida leaders who accompanied him were clean-shaven and dressed as Western reporters. The al-Qaida commander had contacted Mir by cell phone to arrange the meeting.

"You have witnessed the brutality of the Israelis in the recent 34-day war against Lebanese civilians," said Dawood. "9/11 was a revenge of Palestinian children, killed by the U.S.-made weapons, supplied to Israel. The next attack on America would be a revenge of Lebanese children killed by U.S.-made cluster bombs. Bush and (British Prime Minister Tony) Blair are the Crusaders, and Muslim leaders, like (Pakistani President Pervez) Musharraf and (Afghani President Hamid) Karzai are their collaborators. We will teach a lesson to all of them."

El-Shukrijumah was born in Guyana Aug. 4, 1975 Ė the firstborn of Gulshair el-Shukrijumah, a 44-year-old radical Muslim cleric, and his 16-year-old wife. In 1985, Gulshair migrated to the United States, where he assumed duties as the imam of the Farouq Mosque in Brooklyn.

The mosque, located at 554 Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, has served as a hive for terrorist activities. It has raised millions for the jihad and has served as a recruiting station for al-Qaida. Many of the planners of the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center, including blind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, were prominent members of this notorious "house of worship."

In 1995, the Shukrijumah family relocated to Miramar, Fla., where Gulshair became the spiritual leader of the radical Masjid al-Hijah Mosque, and where Adnan became friends with Jose Padilla, who planned to detonate a radiological bomb in midtown Manhattan; Mandhai Jokhan, who was convicted of attempting to blow up nuclear power plants in southern Florida; and a group of other home-grown terrorists.

Adnan Shukrijumah attended flight schools in Florida and Norman, Oklahoma, along with Mohammad Atta and the other 9/11 operatives, and he became a highly skilled commercial jet pilot, although he, like Atta and the other terrorists, never applied for a license with the Federal Aviation Commission.

In April 2001, Shukrijumah spent 10 days in Panama, where he reportedly met with al-Qaida officials to assist in the planning of 9/11. He also traveled to Trinidad and Guyana, where virulent al-Qaida cells have been established. The following month, he obtained an associate's degree in computer engineering from Broward Community College.

During this time, he managed to get passports from Guyana, Trinidad, Saudi Arabia, Canada and the United States, according to Williams. He also began to adopt a number of aliases, including Abu Arifi, Jafar al-Tayyar, Jaafar At Yayyar, Ja'far al-Tayar, and Mohammed Sher Mohammed Khan (the name that appeared on his official FBI file). He traveled to Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, where he met with Ramzi Binalshibh, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and other members of the al-Qaida high command. He also spent considerable time within al-Qaida camps in Afghanistan, where he received training in explosives and special operations.

Following 9/11, el-Shukrijumah was reportedly singled out by bin Laden and al-Zawahiri to spearhead the next great attack on America. One plan was for a nuclear attack that would take place simultaneously in seven U.S. cities, leaving millions dead and the richest and most powerful nation on earth in ashes.

"Muslims should leave America," said Dawood. "We cannot stop our attack just because of the American Muslims; they must realize that American forces are killing innocent Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq; we have the right to respond back, in the same manner, in the enemy's homeland. The American Muslims are like a human shield for our enemy; they must leave New York and Washington."

Mir, the journalist, has reported previously that al-Qaida has smuggled nuclear weapons and uranium into the U.S.

"I am saying that Muslims must leave America, but we can attack America anytime," he said. "Our cycle of warnings has been completed, now we have fresh edicts from some prominent Muslim scholars to destroy our enemy, this is our defending of Jihad; the enemy has entered in our homes and we have the right to enter in their homes, they are killing us, we will kill them."
    Armed & Dangerous...and Inconspicuous...

Quote Originally Posted by cpmiv View Post
    Recent events have not changed my CCW habits, I carry as much as the law allows as it is.

As far as muslim extremests are concerned they've already been here. They took two shots at the Towers and finaly got what they were going for.

Now muslims in general I still give the benifit of the doubt (innocent until proven guilty) but as a private citizen I can racial profile and if I have someone suspicious (what ever race or creed they are) around I've got one eye on them and the other scanning the area.

Muslim extremests are just another two legged preditor. Only difference between them and the mugger variety is that thier primiary purpos is to kill you.

I agree with the above and also beleive some are already here and more are coming.
    If they ever should use a WMD on us then at that time we should demonstrate true WMD's on any and all countries where their people are dancing in the streets in celebration of the attacks on us, oh, and no (0) warning.

These animals (the ones formenting and causing these problems) and their supporters want a war?
    Let's give it to them the right way.
    There are no innocent civilians, not in their minds, shouldn't be in ours either.

Question: Why is it that they can defile our beleifs, desecrate our places of worship, defile the remains of our people, protest in rage but we have to be PC and put up with it, nothing can be said of their prophet that they don't aprove of?
    Hague, Geneva, U.N., World opinion -Not!

I'll probably be flamed, reprimanded, something but:
    Our survival is at stake, it's us or it's them.

Quote Originally Posted by cpmiv View Post
    unfortunately, IMHO, to think that is to horribly underestimate the enemy the mujahideen fought in afghanistan against the russians and repelled a "superior" force. those same fighters are using the same tactics, and adaptations thereof, against us in iraq and afghanistan. to a certain degree, their "4th generation" war tactics are being waged here as well thanks to the the liberal media.

the main differences between them and your average two-legged predator:
    1. they are HIGHLY determined
    2. they are smart
    3. they are well armed and financed
    and perhaps most importantly
    4. they are patient

i really warn against underestimating our foe here ... they are not the slobbering barbarians some would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links