I've Finally Given In! - Page 2

I've Finally Given In!

This is a discussion on I've Finally Given In! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oakchas Not me... nosirreee! I carry concealed: I learned it in school! I laughed out loud when he pulled out the mac ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: I've Finally Given In!

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Not me... nosirreee! I carry concealed: I learned it in school!

I laughed out loud when he pulled out the mac 9. laughed even harder when he pulled out the Shotty!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Yeah, I just don't want to be be the guy with everything but a duty rig. I don't want to carry a knife, flash lite , multi tool, spare knife ETC. All of a sudden I look like a mall ninja going out for a gallon of milk.
    I do carry a multi tool (Victorinox), a Ken Onion LEEK, a Gerber EAB, and my firearm. The Swistool is very useful at work as is the EAB... the LEEK is my LTL option... I guess... and is never used for anything...

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I laughed out loud when he pulled out the mac 9. laughed even harder when he pulled out the Shotty!
    Yeah, I've always likes that vid... I'd have liked to see him walk into that room...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    When was the last time one failed on you?
    When was the last time your house caught on fire? Would you remove your smoke alarm because you've never had a house fire?
    Burns likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    When was the last time your house caught on fire? Would you remove your smoke alarm because you've never had a house fire?
    Actually, my house blew up in 1998, total loss... nobody home at the time...and not a smoky fire, a LP gas leak... if the leak detector went off, nobody was home to hear it... and when I got there, there was nothing but a smoking hole in the ground....

Your analogy does not make sense anyway... closer might be: If your smoke alarm failed, would you replace it with the same brand? Or better yet, do you have two smoke alarms where each one is mounted... why not three? the first two might fail.... and so on ad infinitum.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    My carry choices are usually heavy-ish, metal framed guns. I like to have the extra weight of a spare magazine on the opposite side to help balance the load.

As far as it being "my time to go", forgive me if I keep on fighting until it is proven to me finally and absolutely. I'll take Saint Peter's word for it; anyone else is going to have a hard time convincing me.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    My carry choices are usually heavy-ish, metal framed guns. I like to have the extra weight of a spare magazine on the opposite side to help balance the load.

As far as it being "my time to go", forgive me if I keep on fighting until it is proven to me finally and absolutely. I'll take Saint Peter's word for it; anyone else is going to have a hard time convincing me.
    I have no problem with resisting the inevitable... You may encounter a time when "resistance is futile"... and you may not... If you did, and the result of even going for your gun in any way means you get shot... by all means, go out with your boots on....

And when St. Pete says... "Ya know.... maybe... eh forget it... you just had to learn the hard way... But just so you know... I tried that one night... worked out for me... too bad for you." you'll know what he's talkin' bout...

Sometimes the answer is not to fight.. not always...perhaps not often... but sometimes.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Actually, my house blew up in 1998, total loss...
    Were you giving Gecko45 a hard time on forums back then? Just wonderin'
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Were you giving Gecko45 a hard time on forums back then? Just wonderin'
    Nope... I was tryin to get rid of a raccoon that took up residence in my attic.... (not really... but the explosion did take care of THAT problem)
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I carry a BUG instead of an extra mag. My way is right, everyone else's is wrong!
    Last edited by Badey; July 12th, 2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spellun
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    When was the last time your house caught on fire?

Actually, my house blew up in 1998
    0_o
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    0_o
    It seems Archer has no response to that...
    Burns likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

When was the last time one failed on you?
    Two weeks ago...Sig p220 elite mag....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I have a spare tire in my car. Can't even remember ever having to use a spare, quite frankly. But I have one. Sooner or later I will probably need it.

I also carry spare mags for whatever I happen to be carrying at the time. Never needed the extra. Never needed to draw my weapon. But I know the risks and carry just the same.

Usually I just stick the spare mag in a cargo pocket or some such place. I do have a bon-a-fide mag carrier for my G19. Its an Ahud horizontal mag carrier that attaches to my belt just left of the buckle. My AIWB is on the right side of the buckle holding the G19. Very handy.

I realize that mags fail, but I still feel like having a spare mag on me is like having a condom for my condom.

Still, I do carry a spare mag when backpacking as the safepacker has a space for it, so I figure I may as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WHYDAH View Post
    I have a spare tire in my car. Can't even remember ever having to use a spare, quite frankly. But I have one. Sooner or later I will probably need it.
    But the gun already has a mag in it, and that first mag is your "spare tire", which is to say it's the item that you hope you'll never need but have it just in case anyway. In your analogy I think the backup mag is closer to a *second* spare tire in case your first spare tire fails, which is in itself quite unlikely.

Still, if it makes you comfortable then do what you want. I carry a spare mag myself sometimes..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links