I've Finally Given In!

This is a discussion on I've Finally Given In! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a spare mag about 25% of the time knowing full well that if I have it with me I won't need & if ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: I've Finally Given In!

GH
    I carry a spare mag about 25% of the time knowing full well that if I have it with me I won't need & if I don't carry it I'll need it, lol.

I cobbled a mag carrier from an old flashlight holster. It fits like a glove, stays on my belt regardless what I do & is easily accessible. I also have mag carriers built into my cargo pockets but they're made for rifle mags & are too deep.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    One thing that many don't seem to think about is - natural disasters. In the NW we are supposed to get a big one (9.0+) sometime. No indication of when, but it is highly likely at some point, maybe not in my lifetime and, if so, good. But it is a real potential threat. Now, I'm not saying that you'll have to fight your way out but there are some, gang members for one, who don't all of a sudden become all nice and everything when the SHTF. So, I do like to have extra ammo with me, just in the off chance I may need it. So right now I have 31 rounds of .40 with me. 11 in my EDC (one in the pipe) and an extra 10 round mag I carry offside front pocket in a Remora mag holster and one 10 round mag in my backpack.

And I do agree that mags sometimes fail so better to have at least one backup in case you have a problem.

But anyway it is a personal choice, and I choose to be just that little bit extra prepared. But that's me.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    That is why I decided to go with it. Now I need a good Mag Holder for my P238. Any Ideas,
    I just started carrying a spare mag for my Glock 30, EDC. I put it in a Remora mag holder and keep it in my left front pant's pocket.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I just started carrying a spare mag for my Glock 30, EDC. I put it in a Remora mag holder and keep it in my left front pant's pocket.
    I tried pocket carry for p238 but lint got lodged in the JHP and magazine.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links