Best Pocket Choice?

This is a discussion on Best Pocket Choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My J-Frame is about a light as I go....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Best Pocket Choice?

My J-Frame is about a light as I go.
    sgb likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

I second the Sig P238, it's built on a 1911 style frame, has good weight, great night sights.. The best I've seen on any .380... I use the Xmags for the full grip.. Accuracy is excellent! Have had zero failures with several ammo types.. The trigger is crisp, no long pull like the LCP, TCP, Bodyguard, ect. with a short fast rest..I carry Buffalo Boar JHP that average 1150fps. Which has produce great penetration and expansion while holding together in all the tests I've found, I believe this is the best you can buy right now for DC ammo in the .380.
    Hope my 2c helped!

642 j frame with some .38 +p good to go!
    sgb likes this.

VIP Member
    With quality rounds, the .380 will work, although not my first choice. That or .38 special. Might look at the Ruger LCP or the Ruger LCR.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I carry a TCP which has been great for me. But I want a 442 J frame for my pocket carry so bad it hurts, why don't you like your J frame? Wanna trade? lol.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

lcp or lcr

I carry a s&w j frame 49 in front pocket and a 9mm nano inside waistband

After much trial and tribulation, I would also recommend either a LCP (if you want really light and flat) or a LCR (if you want a snubbie that might be lighter than the one you already have...?). Do yourself a favor, and skip over the "pocket" 9 pistols. JMHO.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Bodyguard 380 in a Mika holster.. LCP in a Mika holster.. Jframe in a Mika holster. I sort of love these holsters, make the difference for me in pocket carry, not expensive and customer service to the nth degree.

I made this video last year showing the two little Taurus pistols I have. The .32 caliber version has gradually become my daily carry weapon. I haven't carried anything else for the past 6 months.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I'm going to chime in on the Sig P238. I had an LCP but hated shooting it. Shot the Sig and fell in love. It is easy to carry, easy to shoot, accurate, good quality gun. When my S&W Shield finally comes I will probably alternate, but I can recommend the Sig!
    Common sense is NOT common. There is a difference between intelligence and wisdom...

My Sig P238 with VZ grips, I feel there is no better pocket carry option.

Great sights, the trigger is leaps and bounds above any other pocket pistol.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
    I'm going to chime in on the Sig P238. I had an LCP but hated shooting it. Shot the Sig and fell in love. It is easy to carry, easy to shoot, accurate, good quality gun. When my S&W Shield finally comes I will probably alternate, but I can recommend the Sig!
    I agree the Sig P238 is also a good choice. But you have to keep in mind, the LCP is not a "fun at the range" gun, it's designed for self-defense only. If you're looking for a pocket pistol or a BUG the LCP is flawless. If you're looking for something that will be a little easier to shoot more rounds comfortably at the range, the Sig may be a better option.
    MisterMoo likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member
    Another vote for the Sig P238.
    Here's our "His & Hers" pistols:
    Sig.P238.His.and.hers-SNobscured.jpg
    RKflorida likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Really surprised to see all the votes for the P238. Is everyone carrying them cocked and locked? For years I carried a Colt Mustang Pocketlite that way, but I finally swapped out the Colt for a Kahr P380. Nothing wrong with the Colt, but the Kahr firing system seemed "safer".

I've been working with a Sig P938 for the last few weeks and if you guys are comfortable with C&L pocket carry with the P238, you will love the P938.
    Author of the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. Stop by for a peek at http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links