Best Pocket Choice?

This is a discussion on Best Pocket Choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by JustinApple But again if you want an accurate all the time EDC gun for your pocket or even appendix carry the Sig ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Best Pocket Choice?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinApple View Post

But again if you want an accurate all the time EDC gun for your pocket or even appendix carry the Sig P238 is in a class of its own, there is nothing in its size right now for a small caliber gun on the market IMHO that will preform better.

I can cover it with a T-Shirt and it disappears without printing.
    My experience with the P238 was just how you show yours: worn IWB. For me I found it not so great when carried in the pocket.......hence not my ideal "pocket" gun.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Imagine your back to the wall facing someone who wants to cut your guts out and closing fast.
    The revolver only crowd could come up with a few "imagine" scenarios that would lead one to conclude you would not want to risk your entrails being ripped out alive to a FTF semi-auto problem. Of course there are many other "imagine" scenarios that might lead someone to other reasonable conclusions. We know that 50% of all deaths my gunshot are at the end of a 22, though I don't necessarily advocate a 22 as your only protection.....even though one can draw a reasonable scenario that would support it.

I have no problem with the trade off of a 32 or 380 for diminutive size and the benefit that smaller size brings to several imagine scenarios. I think a great combo would be something only slightly larger than a NAA mini 22 mag revolver in a five shot 32 magnum. I would buy that in a heart beat.

Is there anyone who has carried the SIG P290 (or updated RS version) in pocket?

Anyone experienced with the Taurus P709 Slim as pocket carry?

Or, the Beretta Nano for pocket carry?

Or, the M&P Shield, which I think was mentioned?

I'm looking at these for 9mm pocket carry and welcome any advice, experience, etc.

I carry a LCR .38 in my pocket almost every day. I also have a Kahr CM9 that I usually carry on my belt under a t-shirt, but that sits in the pocket beautifully as well.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Consider a Sig P232. I just got one for my summer carry. It is easy & fun to shoot, so you will practice with it & that is important. No matter how small & light a gun is, if you don't practice with it, you wont be able to reliably hit your target. Shot placement is the MOST important factor & that only gets good with practice with your carry weapon.

I'm carrying my Springfield Xds in my pocket. Nothing like a .45 in your pocket!

How well does it fit? Is it easy to draw?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Six pages before the CM9 came up?

Mine is the perfect balance for me... 9mm is my "minimum" caliber, and the Kahr disappears in my pocket.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

edit: Do'H, just noticed that's a CM40 (the problem with posting from a phone). My normal EDC is a .40 (XD), but went with the 9mm for pocket carry because my LGS owner (who has a PM40) said it kicks like a Missouri mule...
    Last edited by livewire; July 16th, 2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: correction
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

LCP or LC9. Can't go wrong with a Ruger

Well, I got rid of my Kahr CM9 for a Sig P238...

It's noticeably smaller and lighter; even though the specs say different. The trigger is better, the sights are better, and the reliability is better. Much easier to control as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    Well, I got rid of my Kahr CM9 for a Sig P238...

It's noticeably smaller and lighter; even though the specs say different. The trigger is better, the sights are better, and the reliability is better.
    I do like the p238, and if I were to buy a .380, it would be a serious contender. I have never had reliability issues with my Kahr though.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Bodyguard 380 in Desantis Superfly worn in front pocket.

My J frame 442 does not fit in any of my pockets, even the deep ones. Some of you must have giant pockets. Works fine at 4:30 in my Remora IWB though.

Answering the title of the post only...

If you really like guns... the best kind of pockets to have are "deep" ones. $$$$$$$$
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Answering the title of the post only...

If you really like guns... the best kind of pockets to have are "deep" ones. $$$$$$$$
    Aint that the truth...

-- John F. Kennedy

What is the biggest pocket sized carry gun can you carry? What my choice would be could be different than your's. My wife's S&W 642 is to big for my pocket's, so a LCP, S&W Bodyguard and the small gun's is what I would have to pocket carry. Carry the biggest you can with what your wearing.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links