Best Pocket Choice?

This is a discussion on Best Pocket Choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently switched from a model 36 S&W to an LCP. Holy cow what a difference. Very happy with how thin and light it is ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Best Pocket Choice?

I recently switched from a model 36 S&W to an LCP. Holy cow what a difference. Very happy with how thin and light it is in comparison.

2. Remove Ads

Rohrbaugh R9

The smallest and one of the lightest pocket nines.

Fincky about what kind of ammo it likes, but it tends to like Speer Gold Dots, and once you've found the ammo that it likes - it is reliable with that ammo.

When i need to go small i REALLY like my LCP...in a front right pocket holster i have to remind myself i am armed And when the weather cools off, as much as it can in Texas, I use a Walls Cowboy (Work) Vest...the type everyone wears in my neck of the woods... my Elsie P fits perfectly in the left inside pocket of this vest...Elsie P is my best gal

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    What is the biggest pocket sized carry gun can you carry? What my choice would be could be different than your's. My wife's S&W 642 is to big for my pocket's, so a LCP, S&W Bodyguard and the small gun's is what I would have to pocket carry. Carry the biggest you can with what your wearing.
    I can pocket carry my Glock 33 with no problems at all, although heavier than my P238 or 642, it's small enough.

Another nod for the P238. While I found the LCP easy to shoot, I couldn't get it to hit anywhere as good as the Sig at 45 feet. I'll agree it's not as pocket friendly as the LCP, but it sure fits better than a revolver.

Smith 442 no lock is my fab pocket gun, but my 638 does ok also. Both have Crimson Trace lasers. My LCR in .357 is just a touch heavier, and would also work. I have owned both the the Ruger LCP and the Keltec PF9. They made loud noises dependably, but I didn't shoot either well. The Keltec was really nasty to shoot. I know it's not a range gun, but the trigger was just abusive. You could go for a scandium j frame in .357 and pray you never had to shoot it. I had a Keltec P3-AT for a whole and I really liked it. I might get another to carry as a BUG.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Quote Originally Posted by iblearning View Post
    ...My J frame 442 does not fit in any of my pockets, even the deep ones. Some of you must have giant pockets. Works fine at 4:30 in my Remora IWB though.
    Funny - I was wondering how so many people can stuff a slab-sided 9 in a pocket and go on with their day. A j-frame works well in a front pocket for me.

I guess there is a big world of pockets, thighs and holsters out there.

My primary CC is a Colt Officers and my BUG is a Sig P238. Both pistols are a 1911 style. A perfect pair, IMO.

I recomend your pocket pistol be of like or similiar operation style as your primary carry. Again, just MO.

Why would you not post pics of the pair?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

S&W Bodyguard 380... I have one, don't really like shooting it; don't really trust small flat 380's at all, but it sure goes along easily with no fuss in minimalist conditions (jogging or walking the dog while wearing shorts/Tshirt...) When I have shot it, it has not had any malfunctions.

"I have one, don't really like shooting it; don't really trust small flat 380's at all"

This makes it the best?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

S&W J frame its like nothing is there.

A true pocket pistol should fit in a pocket, not look like it's there, and be well made. My Baby Brownings fit that bill very well. It's what they were designed and built for.
    Colt Commander LW. I think shooting twice is just plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by VNvet View Post
    My primary CC is a Colt Officers and my BUG is a Sig P238. Both pistols are a 1911 style. A perfect pair, IMO.

I recomend your pocket pistol be of like or similiar operation style as your primary carry. Again, just MO.
    Affirmative. CZ75BD Compact and SIG P290 (P290 replaced my mdl. 37 airweight)

I started out with a air weight 442 Smith,then I got a Ruger LCP and love them both but the revoler is a little more than I want to carry in my pocket.I wear cargo shorts and pants and I didn't like the way they both flooded around in my pockets.I was so confused.So I have paid about 200 bucks on pocket holsters which I don't use.So I bought a crossebreed holster IWB for my lcp and it's perfect.That was two years ago.Now I carry every day from 6am to 9pm my kahr cm9.Good luck

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links