Best Pocket Choice? - Page 7

Best Pocket Choice?

This is a discussion on Best Pocket Choice? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What pocket holsters?...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Best Pocket Choice?

What pocket holsters?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Kel Tec P32 .32auto (b).jpgI always carried a KelTec .32 in my pocket loaded with Speer Gold Dots. It's a DAO pistol with a firm trigger pull (like a revolver). I've tried several 'pocket holsters' but I find them slow and cumbersome to get the pistol out, and the position some of them have the pocket clip, they ride too high in your pocket and have a tendency to pinch when you sit down. I just drop the pistol in the bottom of my front pants pocket and make sure I carry nothing else in that pocket like car keys or change that could interfere with the gun. I've had that KelTec in my pocket since 1989 with no holes of flash burns yet! As you can see the slide is starting to show a rust brown patina on it's left side that comes from the perspiration from my leg...

Early in this thread I saw mention of a TCP... Is that Taurus' .380 auto?
    To add my $0.02, I've got a P3AT that I can carry in a DeSantis Nemesis in any pants pocket in my wardrobe. I've recently devised a AIWB (appendix carry) scheme when I'm wearing gym shorts - I bought a pack of those little black metal binder clips and I clip the top of the Nemesis to the top of my waistband. Tie the drawstring tight and I'm set.

I'm seriously considering the Diamondback DB9 as a pocket 9...for me the size of the gun is not as big a factor as the weight when its in my pocket. Sizewise, I can drop my Glock 26 in a pocket but its just too heavy.

Matt

LCP in a Recluse holster

SW 642 right front pocket carry 90 % of the time. Other times a kel Tec 32acp or NAA 22 mag or both.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I sold my .380's after deciding I prefer the heavier round that the .38 offers. I also prefer the grip of a small revolver for drawing from the pocket. I know it depends on the holster and pocket, but for me my semi autos just did not draw out of the pocket like my j-frame. I have a S&W 642 and I am very happy.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    First: I have a few full sizes, compact, and subcompact and a snubby.

After putting some thought into what I'd really like for my next purchase, I decided I wanted something smaller/same size as my snubby that I can just throw in my gym shorts/shorts pocket and head off with, comfortably.

I've looked and 'felt up' a few .25's, .32's, and .380's... I'm no expert, so I'm just curious as to anybody's reconmendation far as caliber and/or model wise might be.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey, I didn't want to shuffle through the pages and read everything to see if someone has mentioned it yet so sorry if this is a repeat. If it is though we can take it as a +1 for the ruger lc9. Smaller then the lcp I believe but not to small. I would say that I have big and it fits perfectly. 7lb trigger pull takes a day at the range to get used to if you aren't really used to it but all in all I recommend it. I took mine after buying it brand new and put 350 rds through it (cheap white box ammo that is) and didn't have one problem. If it takes the cheap stuff you know its good right!

There is one complaint that some have which is the lc9 won't fire without a mag inserted (Thanks CA!). I don't see the issue with this myself. Why someone would try for a reload when they have one round they are trying to fire without a mag in is just, I don't know, doesn't make much sense. Anyway I love the lc9, feels good, comfortable, accurate and brand new is low $300s.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Hey, I didn't want to shuffle through the pages and read everything to see if someone has mentioned it yet so sorry if this is a repeat. If it is though we can take it as a +1 for the ruger lc9. Smaller then the lcp I believe but not to small. I would say that I have big and it fits perfectly. 7lb trigger pull takes a day at the range to get used to if you aren't really used to it but all in all I recommend it. I took mine after buying it brand new and put 350 rds through it (cheap white box ammo that is) and didn't have one problem. If it takes the cheap stuff you know its good right!

There is one complaint that some have which is the lc9 won't fire without a mag inserted (Thanks CA!). I don't see the issue with this myself. Why someone would try for a reload when they have one round they are trying to fire without a mag in is just, I don't know, doesn't make much sense. Anyway I love the lc9, feels good, comfortable, accurate and brand new is low $300s.
    The LC9 is just a little bit bigger than the LCP. I tried both out before purchasing my LCP. It was a tough choice between the P, R, and 9!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

"Best pocket choice"

Simple, I can sum it it with one word, SNUB!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I tried carrying a j frame in my pocket but the cylinder gives it away. My LCP on the other hand disappears into my front or back pocket with a DeSantis Nemesis.

Seecamp .32 does just fine by me.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    My recommendation is the Diamondback DB9. About a 1/4 inch larger in length and height than a LCP. DB9 weighs 11 ounces empty with magazine and about 15 ounces fully loaded 6+1. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    My recommendation is the Diamondback DB9. About a 1/4 inch larger in length and height than a LCP. DB9 weighs 11 ounces empty with magazine and about 15 ounces fully loaded 6+1. God Bless
    The DB9 gets a lot of mixed reviews from what I've read. I really want to give it a try since it seems as close to a true pocket 9 as anything out. You've had good luck with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    The LC9 is just a little bit bigger than the LCP. I tried both out before purchasing my LCP. It was a tough choice between the P, R, and 9!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    oh well I stand corrected then :)

Nano in a Sticky holster.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links