Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry? - Page 2

Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry?

This is a discussion on Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must not be as stupid as the author, I don't use phrases like "packing heat" or referring to my gun as a "heater"....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry?

VIP Member
    I must not be as stupid as the author, I don't use phrases like "packing heat" or referring to my gun as a "heater".
    BenGoodLuck and alafan like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I got through the first paragraph, then all I saw was bla bla bla, same old bla and some more bla.

I can't change the world. I can be responsible and teach my kids the same and have a bit of an influence on friends, family etc. Thats about it. How the rest of the country carries is their business, and since this is America, and for me specifically Arizona - I support open carry and concealed carry for all lawful citizens.

Don't go to stupid places and do stupid things with stupid people - should help you aviod the idiots (most of the time).
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

The author of the piece, while making some good points, falls into the same "holier than thou" attitude that I've seen a lot. It's ok for them to carry because they will never make any of the mistakes they are writing about. But everyone else is either too stupid or too afraid or too untrained to competently carry. There are plenty of people who pick up a gun for the first time and use it to end a threat to their life. There are plenty of people who carry every day for their entire life and have never used their gun in a defensive situation.

My mind set is that I will do whatever is necessary to protect myself and my family if we are threatened with grave bodily harm. I will not be considering whether the police or DA are out to get me. That will not be a factor in whether I defend myself or not.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I think an article titled, "Are You Too Stupid NOT To Carry?" would be one that I'd like to read.
    oneshot and Dutch1951 like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I must not be as stupid as the author, I don't use phrases like "packing heat" or referring to my gun as a "heater".
    Or Live in the ONLY State that Denies CC ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Not yet, but I'm working on it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The same question could be re-phrased to ask "Are you too stupid to run a chainsaw?". Chainsaws are useful tools. They are neither inherently dangerous, overly complicated nor do they hate trees. They are brainless mechanical devices without the capacity for either intent or agenda. There are multiple alternatives to chainsaw use that require only more time and leverage to accomplish the same eventual task. Yet, if you do not receive sufficient instruction and exercise mature caution in the use of a chainsaw you are exhibiting a level of recklessness that would hint to society that you are indeed too stupid to be in charge of one. And our old friend Murphy will soon-enough...punch your ticket. It's Natural Selection in its purest form.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Based on the amount of stupid I have witnessed in the world, I am of the opinion that there are a lot of people that are too stupid to carry. I also am of the opinion that I'm not one of those people. Only time will tell if my opinion is correct or not.
    miller_man likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I understand that a person needs to be prepared to face the legal consequences of carrying, but I disagree with the notion that if I don't have 250K sitting in the bank that I should give up the ability to protect myself and my family. That's the same as saying if you are poor then your life is not worth protecting anyway.

I have demonstrated to my wife that I am too stupid to operate the dishwasher and washing machine without messing something up. I have also learned that my safest response to most any of her inquiries is "I dont know." It is my theory of evolutionary isolated selective stupidity. At times, it is my only defense.

Is the author too stupid to compose a serious article about carrying a gun? Hard to take someone serious with all the references to gats, heaters, straping, ...

BugDude - demonstrating stupidity with household appliances is brilliant; you just can't let her catch you using actual power tools.
    DaveH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I think the intent of that statement was "don't draw unless you're prepared to fire", not that if you draw you have to fire.
    Exactly right. You're not drawing specifically to shoot - it's not one action called Draw-n-shoot. You're drawing because the situation is such that you believe you may have to shoot and you have decided that you are prepared to.

Good food for thought. Definitely going to share this with some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    ...BugDude - demonstrating stupidity with household appliances is brilliant; you just can't let her catch you using actual power tools.
    All you have to do is throw a red shirt in with the whites and melt a few tupperware containers in the dishwasher and they ban you from touching them. Unfortunately, that's not all I've been banned from touching....
    Brad426 and alafan like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    All you have to do is throw a red shirt in with the whites and melt a few tupperware containers in the dishwasher and they ban you from touching them. Unfortunately, that's not all I've been banned from touching....
    Never....I repeat NEVER try to put that in the dishwasher, even on the top shelf!!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links