Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry? - Page 3

Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry?

This is a discussion on Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That must have been where I went wrong....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Are You Too Stupid To Conceal Carry?

That must have been where I went wrong.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    I always carry, 'cause like my momma always says, "life is like a box of chocolates..............."

"Never know what your gonna get"
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

OD*
    What was the question again?
    BugDude likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by WHYDAH View Post
    Could taking tactical training not be used against you by an unfriendly prosecutor as a demonstration of your intent to kill? Same as using hand loaded "dum dum" bullets or having your weapon tricked out by a trigger job and combat sights. Just a thought. I'm not in opposition to any of those things, personally. But in some parts of the country, actually preparing yourself could be your undoing in court. Just saying...
    In my mind it definitely would. Training is one main reason I hold LEO's to a higher standard than I would an ordinary citizen in situations where violence is used. With training comes higher expectations.

Michael

VIP Member
    Apparently I'm stupid enough to read this thread. Last one in the door, I can carry, but not everyone is as good as me, or should blah blah blah.

It is a guaranteed right for EVEYONE. Get over it already.

I know a few people that IMO shouldn't be walking around with a gun but it's there right to do so and I just avoid hanging out with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Apparently I'm stupid enough to read this thread. Last one in the door, I can carry, but not everyone is as good as me, or should blah blah blah.

It is a guaranteed right for EVEYONE. Get over it already.
    Might want to rethink that part.

Michael

thats what i got out of it. thought i was the only one who thought that.
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I think the intent of that statement was "don't draw unless you're prepared to fire", not that if you draw you have to fire.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I had to sit through a handgun class at the county sheriff's office in order to get my concealed carry permit. (Nobody in the cop shop bothered to tell me that veterans didn't need to fork over $20 and take the class).

The class was pretty routine firearm safety stuff and some pretty good info on shooter rights/responsibilities here in Oregon, so I ended up being OK about having to take the class.

What surprised me afterwards was the hour of utterly stupid questions from some of the other people in the class. Some of those people were so dumb I was amazed that they could find their way to the class, much less carry a gun. Until that time, I had only really considered the issue of me carrying a weapon. I came away reminded that there are some real armed morons in our midst. Sobering thought.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Women also have their ways: my aunt burned the first shirt my uncle asked her to iron.
    BugDude likes this.

Hey no way am I stupid cause I was able to load my brand new spiffy S&W Model 36...... Sure I had to use a hammer to get them in.... Maybe it was cause the .45 caliber ammo was on sale......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    Sometimes i think im smart.....when my knuckles aren't dragging on the ground.
    BugDude and Chief1297 like this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billstaf View Post
    I had to sit through a handgun class at the county sheriff's office in order to get my concealed carry permit. (Nobody in the cop shop bothered to tell me that veterans didn't need to fork over $20 and take the class).

The class was pretty routine firearm safety stuff and some pretty good info on shooter rights/responsibilities here in Oregon, so I ended up being OK about having to take the class.

What surprised me afterwards was the hour of utterly stupid questions from some of the other people in the class. Some of those people were so dumb I was amazed that they could find their way to the class, much less carry a gun. Until that time, I had only really considered the issue of me carrying a weapon. I came away reminded that there are some real armed morons in our midst. Sobering thought.
    OMG, yes! I could barely contain myself from telling one guy to shut up when he started a caliber war question. Both my girlfriend and I rolled our eyes everytime this guy spoke. He started with the question "should I use steel or metal ammo?" Uhhhhhhh . . . . Steel is a metal, THEY'RE ALL MADE OF METAL!!!!!

Dont consider myself too stupid to carry. But nobody ever considers themselves stupid. Bing open minded, able to learn and able to change and adapt is a good start for not being stupid - been working on that stuff for awhile now. I think since I even started to consider carrying I have learned A WHOLE LOT and opened myself up to alot more information and knowledge.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Good comment here from Doodle:

Once the threat is stopped stop using force.
    And it looks like most readers here understood the intent of the article's author. But some members of this board have said, repeatedly, that if they have to draw, they are going to fire.

Any regular reader of Armed Citizen can attest, along with anyone familiar with Gary Kleck's research, that most defensive uses of a firearm do not result in someone being shot.

Drawing your weapon means that you're ready to shoot, but if you are in control of your firearm then you have control over everything that happens from the moment you clear leather. The person you draw on has choices to make that affect the final outcome. Statistically speaking, it appears that the majority of such persons decide that being shot isn't in their best interest. The minority get to learn what being shot at is like.
    oneshot and msgt/ret like this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    No IQ, literacy, proficient etc test to vote.

No IQ, literacy, proficient etc test needed to carry!

Come on Constitutional carry.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links