AIWB holtser bruised my thigh

This is a discussion on AIWB holtser bruised my thigh within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my Ruger SR9C AIWB in a ballistic nylon holster. I like everything about my setup accept sometimes the holster digs into my thigh ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: AIWB holtser bruised my thigh

AIWB holtser bruised my thigh

I carry my Ruger SR9C AIWB in a ballistic nylon holster. I like everything about my setup accept sometimes the holster digs into my thigh and it has left a bruise. I plan on fixing this problem with a new holster. My question is does anyone else have any "war wounds" from their CC setup?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I recently picked up an aiwb holster for my Kahr CW9. This is my first attempt at carrying and I've been playing around with positioning. I also have the same issue with the barrel digging in to my leg, however aiwb seems to conceal the best for me with my small frame. Keeping your pants up higher on your waist helps quite a bit.

Im a young guy so during my off/personal time I do wear my pants a little lower than I do in the office at work. Nothing too crazy I don't dress like a thug in fact I dress pretty conservatively... cool conservative is what I call it lol. My piece usually sticks me when I sit down but its not the gun that gets me its actually the pointy part of the holster where its sewn together near the bottom of the barrell of the gun.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I had the same thing happen when I first started AIWB. You may want to experiment a little bit with position.

Unfortunately, you will be limited on adjusting cant & ride height with your holster. I have a holster similar to yours that I AIWB carry quite a bit. (Mainly because it's easy on, easy off with the firearm remaining safely in the holster.)

I already had velcro backing on all my belts; so, I attached a piece of velcro on the outside of the clip; and slide the holster clip "behind my belt.

Now I can adjust the ride height & cant in addition to the position of my nylon holster. This has made a HUGE difference in my comfort level & safety. The velcro locks the holster in any position I want & I no longer get jabbed by the muzzle.

-
    kmagnuss likes this.

With a good holster you won`t have that problem. Try a crossbreed supertuck or something similar, very comfortable and wont leave any marks.
    TN_Mike and Fisher10 like this.

Can you wear the Crossbreed AIWB?

I had the same problem as well. I contacted the manufacturer and asked if I could trim the holster and he said he saw no reason not to. I have been carrying my 4" S&W model 13 AIWB for the past two days doing all sorts of activity and no longer have the digging or discomfort in my leg. I am very happy.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeoftheD View Post
    Can you wear the Crossbreed AIWB?
    Pretty sure not. But to answer you post, AIWB is the only way I have found I can carry comfortably and no I have never gotten anything close to a bruise. Sounds like you need a better holster. I have a high noon mr. softy and its been amazing for me, not a single issue. And I've even carried a sigma and my CZ p-01 which are more full sized guns in this holster. They were a little more bulky but nothing uncomfortable and again NOTHING close to getting a bruise. I like my M&PC more for the concealabilty. BTW, I also don't wear my pants way up right on my actual waist, its acually more comfortablt for me as well.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I carry my Ruger SR9C AIWB in a ballistic nylon holster. I like everything about my setup accept sometimes the holster digs into my thigh and it has left a bruise. I plan on fixing this problem with a new holster. My question is does anyone else have any "war wounds" from their CC setup?
    I have a permanent scar on my right side below the ribs where I used to carry my G23 in a DeSantis Scorpion. I still have and use this setup occasionally.
    A bruise? That wouldn't be good IMO. Ballistic nylon holsters worn IWB are likely gonna chafe you and your pistol will likely poke you.
    I agree with you finding a better holster and alleviating your pains.
    As with carry combinations, you should be ready to deal with some pain during your break in period. How much you're willing to deal with before deciding on other options is up to the individual. "War wounds" and growing pains are not the same thing.

I guess bruise may not be the best way to put it. I have a black mark on my thigh that has never hurt at all and does not wash off lol. It appeared when I started to carry AIWB. I'm looking at a tuckable Remora as a replacement holster.

I guess bruise may not be the best way to put it. I have a black mark on my thigh that has never hurt at all and does not wash off lol. It appeared when I started to carry AIWB. I'm looking at a tuckable Remora as a replacement holster.
    So it's not an injury? Just a dye stain? Will it come off with gasoline?
    A Remora won't turn you black.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Two of my favorite AIWB rigs are the Dale Fricke Archangel and the Garrett Industries Slim AIWB. I have to give a slight nod to the Archangel in design and comfort. I now carry AIWB almost exclusively.

I primarily carry crossdraw and have had bruises on my left thigh from my Ruger SR9c IWB setup. I changed the cant of my firearm/holster and it has helped. Good luck!

Im a young guy so during my off/personal time I do wear my pants a little lower than I do in the office at work. Nothing too crazy I don't dress like a thug in fact I dress pretty conservatively... cool conservative is what I call it lol. My piece usually sticks me when I sit down but its not the gun that gets me its actually the pointy part of the holster where its sewn together near the bottom of the barrell of the gun.
    First off, I may be reading too much into this and please tell me if I am. But, since you point out that you are a young fella and it seems you like to dress like the young people do these day but maybe not as severely as some, I must suggest that you stop this practice and start dressing around the gun. This is really what you have to do to make concealed carry work. If you are wearing your pants lower than were they really should be worn and looser that they should be worn then you are really doing yourself a disservice in regard to carry.

As for the bruise, I'd say you either need a better holster for appendix carry or, a smaller gun. Or both. Also, maybe it is time to consider carrying more behind the hip?
    BkCo1 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

My experience has been that cheap nylon holsters suck! If you still want to carry AIWB, take a look at a Archangel kydex AIWB holster. One Source Tactical sells them. I'm just not sure if Archangels are made for Ruger autos. I carry either a G19 or G23 in mine with no problem. Even when seated, access is quick and the wear is comfortable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links