How often do you carry concealed? - Page 4

How often do you carry concealed?

This is a discussion on How often do you carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every day. I comply with no-carry at work; everyone there are good guys anyway, so I don\'t feel deprived....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How often do you carry concealed?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Every day. I comply with no-carry at work; everyone there are good guys anyway, so I don\'t feel deprived.

Whenever I leave the house, I am armed. Sometimes heavily armed.(main weapon + backup, other times just moderately, as in 357 J frame or PPK, But never unarmed. Was in LE for 25 years so carrying was second nature, and since retirement I feel realy strange when I have to disarm before entering places where I always carried before.

My solution to handling business establishments that post No Carry, is to remember rule one of Concealed Carry is, CONCEALED MEANS CONCEALED!
    Never been made yet but if and when I am, my response will be to Boycott said business and loudly let management know how I feel about their decision to deprive me of the means to defend my life and that of my family.
    I will make sure they understand that if bodily harm befalls me or mine. I will sue their sorry a**

I carrry when I can, I\'mm fairly new at this. However I think that a pocket carry will be more conducive to regularly being armed. I have carried a sig 239 often enough, however I cannot say that I am thrilled with the result. I still print, even with what I consider adequete cover clothes. IWB under a sports jacket seems abit hard to access. Any thoughts? :question:

As much as possible. Not at work.

I can\'t carry at my job, liberal arts college, but I have one locked in the truck and I carry everywhere else. It is less than an arm\'s length at night in my headboard.

Every day....no question.

Rickman
    Lately always.

All the time.

You mean there is such thing as \"not carrying\" ?? :O

As a educator, I\'m forbidden by law from carrying my firearm to work and I work in a combat zone inner city high school. I\'ve been a high school teacher for 16 years, the last eight in the inner city and never felt threatened. That might change next week. But still, in all, I don\'t need a gun at work.

Other times, I\'d say that after 911, I carry 95% of the time. Also as a result of 911, I gave up carrying a \"mousegun.\" Whereas I used to just shove a teeeeeny little .22LR NAA mini-revolver into my front pocket when I went out at times, now I\'m either carrying a Glock M27 and sp mag or a Sig P245 and two sp mags. \"Serious Guns for Serious Times.\" I am utterly convinced that someday soon, the Jihadis are going to open a \"front\" on our soil with both WMD attacks and shooting attacks against our population. When that happens, in a few cases, I\'m also utterly certain that a lawfully armed civilian (see my essay on sheepdogs elsewhere on this forum) is going to put a severe crimp in their murderous plans.

I\'ve upped my practice sessions in IDPA matches to twice a month. Today was one such session.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by ExSoldier762
    I am utterly convinced that someday soon, the Jihadis are going to open a \"front\" on our soil with both WMD attacks and shooting attacks against our population.
    If they do they are in for a real surprise....

Originally posted by Bumper
    Originally posted by ExSoldier762
    I am utterly convinced that someday soon, the Jihadis are going to open a \"front\" on our soil with both WMD attacks and shooting attacks against our population.
    If they do they are in for a real surprise....
    I concur.

I dont concur with the \"real surprise\"...the chances that this will happen in a state that allows concealed carry by its constituants is going to be very slim. On top of that the chances that LE or a CCW\'r will be around and be able to engage a threat will be even less. I know we like to think there are ALOT of us around..but its just not a fact that every 3 people are armed...and its even less likely that that CCW\'r will actually have a weapon on him. Look at how many people cannot carry in some states, look at how many cannot carry to work....look at how many dont always carry.

Sorry..not trying to be grim...i jsut dont think there are ENOUGH sheep dogs out there yet..and they sure like to hit NY...they cant even sneeze at a badguy!

always carry, the time u don,t will be the time u should have.left my off duty gun home once when i was a leo, took a very severe beating, never again

If I am not inside my house I am armed. (sometimes even then)

sensei

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links