How often do you carry concealed?

This is a discussion on How often do you carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work at a university and am prohibited by law, but it is in the truck, I think most people there assume I have one ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How often do you carry concealed?

I work at a university and am prohibited by law, but it is in the truck, I think most people there assume I have one but it is \"don\'t ask; don\'t tell\" but other than that YES, all ther time anymore. In the past I have on occasion got to thinking that I was paranoid and left the iron at home, and that is when some @ hole steps up and reminds me, like an old buddy always said “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you\"!

My wife and I eat breakfast in a little restaurant called the No Name, in a quiet little rural town on the weekends to get among “real” people after spending the week with university types. Not so long ago some fruitcake that is an occasional patron went berserk at the Wal-Mart in the “Big Town”, he had what was described as a sword and was threatening people and smashed a display case and some merchandise displays. How easily he could have done that at a little restaurant in a quiet little rural town and who would have been able to stop him.

2. Remove Ads

If I\'m awake - I\'m carrying.
    Oddly enough there seem to be fewer restrictions on where you can\'t legally carry here in Cali then in other states.

I carry everytime I go outside the wire...

I work for the military and as such am forbidden from bringing a firearm onto the installation. I do shoot at the public range on base at least twice a week, so can carry onto the base then. I just have to tell the guards I have a firearm in the trunk. They now know me and rarely ask to see it. When I am not at work, I carry 100% or have my carry gun within two to three feet at all times.

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    I carry every day

Just when I am "awake". At night my gun is on the night stand by the bed.
    It doesn't get any better. "A dog at your feet and a beer in your hand."

I carry my 9 with me all the time, except at work. Also, if i know i'm going to a place were i'm not allowed to carry, i won't take it. I have on occasion gone into a place were i wasn't allowed, but i had no choice, i sure as hell am not going to leave my gun in the car.
    Stops Jihad on Contact

Lead Moderator
    I carry all the time. Keep a pistol on the nightstand till I make a holster for the bed. At the job I worked , carrry was not allowed. Worst was I had to go to larger cities sometimes to p/u cars.

24/7...unless I go into a saloon for a tall cold one.
    Jim

I carry as much as possible but sometimes some places ya cant.

Cool

It's gotten to be second nature anymore. I carry everywhere I legally can. It was good to go thru the permit course here in Texas. They let you know what was a "legal" posting as far as merchants who don't want you to enter armed. I won't specify what the technical requirement is here in case some anti-gun bozo is browsing, but rest assured there are a shitload of uninformed merchants out there. One liquor store I frequent has one in their doorway that states it's a crime to carry a firearm into a business where liquor is sold and consumed.....well they got the consumed part right! I don't carry at work cause the company does have a policy against it. I guess they think that'll stop someone from going "Postal". I have on a few occasions gotten to my office and discovered that I didn't leave it in the truck. I am pretty quick to get back to the parking lot.....don't need to get fired....then I might go Postal !!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Almost always. Very few exceptions.
    For God, Family and Country!

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I carry all the time except when I go into the building I work in. It's a school, so I can't carry on the premises. I can carry into the parking lot however, since it's a private school in an office building, not a public school yard.

nearly all the time in Oregon. Not the post office etc.

Not in CA when I have to work down there.

I gotta get a WA ccw...
    /***********
    Phill
    ************/

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"
    William of Ockham (ca. 1285-1349)

daily carry

I carry all the time except in bed, it is on the night stand. When I worked at companies that said no carry, I carried anyway, got to learn what concealed meant. You can get a new job but lives are hard to come by.I now have my own business at home and it is no longer any issue.
    As for the post office issue. I don't use it. I get mail at home and anything that would require me to ship, I use UPS or fed-ex.
    "Life is a blind stage, on a hot range"
    www.safestop.net
    Jim Cirillo's "Safestop" ammo
    NRA Lifer and Instructor

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links