How often do you carry concealed? - Page 6

How often do you carry concealed?

This is a discussion on How often do you carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everywhere except work, as it is no allowed. I may leave it in the car next time we go to the beach. Salt, sand, and ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How often do you carry concealed?

Everywhere except work, as it is no allowed.
    I may leave it in the car next time we go to the beach. Salt, sand, and metal don't mix to good

Now that I have my CHL, every day, all the time.
    All three days.
    Seriously, I can't imagine not carrying, now that I have the license.(Grr...)
    I'd feel like a serious dufus if I were attacked the one day I left my gun home. If I survived, that is.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Lead Moderator
    All the time , unless there is a good reason I cannot.

Wink Sorry...gotta disagree....

Quote Originally Posted by AZG23
    I dont concur with the \"real surprise\"...the chances that this will happen in a state that allows concealed carry by its constituants is going to be very slim. On top of that the chances that LE or a CCW\'r will be around and be able to engage a threat will be even less. I know we like to think there are ALOT of us around..but its just not a fact that every 3 people are armed...and its even less likely that that CCW\'r will actually have a weapon on him. Look at how many people cannot carry in some states, look at how many cannot carry to work....look at how many dont always carry.
    Well, we shall see. I happen to remember that the majority of those 19 A$$***** who flew those jets into the WTC were trained and lived in FLORIDA (my home state and the originator of the modern concept of SHALL ISSUE CCW). They will ACT (when the time comes) where they live. As long as it's not a specific mission like 911. They are still here and I can show you the recent Jihadi activity in this state where I have been blessed to know the right folks so that investigations have been started on college campuses. Lots of recruiting and hardline wahabist activity happeneing here in Florida. There are suspected AQ and Hamas and Hizbollah cells in both Texas and Florida. They will BE where the TARGETS are.

Aside from WMD those targets will be soft: Malls, hospitals, schools etc. Except for schools there will be folks on hand to start the actions in terms of returning fire. Look, it'd be nice to have a platoon of folks launch rounds in response, but frankly if I might be so modest, to make them stop killing innocent sheep and get behind cover requires ONE determined, moderately well trained and armed citizen! A spare mag or two will insure that the cavalry will show up eventually to take over.

The points you make are valid. No I can't carry at work (school). But then every school in my district has it's own armed police officer or three. All the time. That's in addition to "Security Guards" with a radio and muscles. My school has but one entrance and it has a security guard all the time. Of course we're inner city and MS13 operates within six blocks of school as per the Miami Herald a few weeks ago. So I can't speak for the upscale high schools in really nice areas.

Sometimes I don't even carry when it's really HOT and I'm out to dinner with my wife. But I'm working on getting back into the habit, now. I will be armed 24/7 when we take our driving vacation to Texas in a couple of weeks. But there are more folks than you know who ARE carrying. I was at a training session for teachers who will be teaching Advanced Placement classes to brilliant kids in the fall. These are classes for which college credit can be earned if a certain score is achieved on a national exam.

The TRAINERS were all liberals from out of state. This very question came up and I asked them to take notice of the number of belly bags (making sure I told them to look for the little pull string at the top corner of the bag!) and especially the number of photographers vests they saw where the wearer is not actually handling a camera. ALL THOSE FOLKS are likely 90% armed. Especially in the high humidity of south Florida! Those guys came to class the next day with their eyes GLASSY. And scared. I told them that which terrifies them makes me feel utterly SAFE. But then that's the difference between sheep and sheepdogs and I only hang with sheepdogs. http://www.blackfive.net/main/2004/1..._hang_wit.html
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Cool Beach Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravnhaus
    Salt, sand, and metal don't mix to good
    If you wanna carry at the beach carry a GLOCK. Salt and sand have NO effect on a Glock. I just want to know how you're going to conceal it in the surf? But of course if you're one of our many shark bite victims here each summer, at least you'd have more of a chance!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink sleep carry

Quote Originally Posted by FLM
    OK, all you 24/7 guys have made me curious. How do you carry in bed? Use an IP(inside pajamas) holster? Ankle holster? Aren\'t you afraid it\'ll get tangled up in the covers? If you wear it behind your hip, doesn\'t it dig into you when you roll over? When your wife bumps up against it, does she say \"is that a gun or are you glad to see me\"? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
    At home, it's in my nightstand and I can clearly see the night sights from my position, but you wouldn't be able to see those if you were say standing next to my bed. In such a case, you're going to be more preoccupied with the two 140 pound newfoundland dogs gnawing your legs and asking you (with their mouths full of YOU) what you're doing uninvited inside the home?

On trips, I keep the gun right beneath my pillow and have found in such cases that unless my head feels the presence of the steel lump, I cannot go to sleep. Oh and the dogs are always sleeping on each side of the bed in the motel. So there is still the problem of their interrogatories to answer.

Assistant Administrator
    Hmmm - hadn't gotten around to this thread.

Well - no surprises as most know now already I am 16/7 carry - and at night it rests within short reach on floor. I am totally committed to carry and will endure discomfort even, rather than divest of the piece.

All or nothing is my way to go - with the ''nothing'' deleted!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I just want to know how you're going to conceal it in the surf?
    When I surf I don't need to conceal, as I ride a "big gun"

Talking Anywhere I am Legal

It is in the truck while I am at work. Boss is a GFW.

I do not drink away from home base, so that does not apply.
    Typing at home now and a 45 ACP is in reach.

Jmiked

Quote Originally Posted by jmiked
    It is in the truck while I am at work. Boss is a GFW.
    What's a GFW?

SSKC

With the exception of doctors office (VA Hospital, then its locked in glove compartment) I always carry when awake. While asleep I have my weapon in night stand, with a 12ga in closet. I also have a handgun downstairs in a lock box in the kitchen.
    "So others never have too"

What's a GFW?
    Gun Fearing Wussy.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Anywhere it is legal for me to carry, from wake up till nitey night! Better half questions me sometime to see if I am actually carrying. She says in most cases, unless she sees me putting on my gun, she cant tell when I am carrying. Yessssss!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

tex45ACP, same here. My wife and I have names for my carry weapons. When we're out, she might say, "did Jake (or Clyde) come with us?" Then she knows.
    Last edited by Geezer; June 14th, 2005 at 02:32 PM.

Geezer,

Great idea!!!
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links