How often do you carry concealed?

This is a discussion on How often do you carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry 24/7...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How often do you carry concealed?

I carry 24/7

2. Remove Ads

Every day,every where, except when I'm in the shower,or asleep. Oh, when I'm asleep there is one very close by and a flash light.

OD*
    All the time.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

Everyday, Everywhere,All the time, even when I sleep there is one under the pillow. I HATE goblins.

OD*
    even when I sleep
    Hmm, I guess I don't carry all the time.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

I don't leave the house without my carry weapon. For any reason. Ever.

And I never take it off until I am back inside my home.
    Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coma
    I could loose my License To Carry, or at a minimum I would loose the right to carry concealed ever again in the state of mass, the police chief in my town would pull the \"class A- all lawful purposes\" and make it a \"class b- hunting and target only\". This means I would loose my SIG P229 because it can take hi-cap mags.
    So you just carry a traget with you and if ever questioned say you were target shooting and didn't feel confident leaving your piece in your vehicle cause your door lock is broken.

Thumbs down Broken Door Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    So you just carry a traget with you and if ever questioned say you were target shooting and didn't feel confident leaving your piece in your vehicle cause your door lock is broken.
    Let's stay away from outright lies.....We can do better in this forum.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Let's stay away from outright lies.....We can do better in this forum.
    Alright, So If your CCW permit was turned into a hunting and target practice only permit what would you do?? There is always a way around things, you don't have to give me a thumbs down for just stating a way around a constitunaly incorrect law.

Wink Don't get sensitive--meant no harm

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    Alright, So If your CCW permit was turned into a hunting and target practice only permit what would you do?? There is always a way around things, you don't have to give me a thumbs down for just stating a way around a constitunaly incorrect law.
    Sure there is ALWAYS "a way around things" but I think creating an "on the spot lie" that can be oh so easily checked will be FAR worse and far more immediate in negative consequences. I have worked with inner city kids
    for eight years. If one of them gave me a lame line like the one you used as an excuse for anything, I'd just start laughing before I got him suspended and his buddies present would laugh right along with me.

Of course this topic: "Unconstitutional law" is a little more serious, right? So if you want a way around something like that, you'd probably be more successful starting as soon as the law is passed (especially if it alters long existing current law) and getting with the crowd that has the resources (NRA or similar) and mount the lawsuit as well as targeting (politically of course) those passing the law. If you become a victim of the law you not only hurt the cause (TOLD YOU THOSE "GUN NUTS" CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!) but you do yourself great harm as well and for no good reason.

OTOH, if we're talking a situation like Gt. Britain, or worse some form of creeping totalitarianism--well read my buddies book: "Enemies Foreign and Domestic" for one possible answer. The author is a friend of mine and a Beirut era SEAL, known in the SpecOps community. His name is Matthew Bracken. You can read over twenty chapters online for FREE. That's about half (maybe 250 pages) the book.

Look at http://www.EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I don't remember if I posted to this thread before or not, but just in case I didn't.

I carry ALL the time. I work as a copier service tech, and do a LOT of driving. My company has NO written policy on anything, and it's never come up in conversation with any of my bosses. With my co-workers it has, and some funny stories about a pair of guys who don't work there anymore who apparently did carry (possibly without a permit) have been related to me.

But I've NEVER shown any of them my carry piece at work, except when I stopped by on a vacation day and showed off my birthday present.

Whenever I leave home.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links