Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

This is a discussion on Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local Walmart "redecorated" their ammo case. The upper half of it is just for knives and related camping gear. I am concerned that they ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

My local Walmart "redecorated" their ammo case. The upper half of it is just for knives and related camping gear. I am concerned that they may have decided to dramatically reduce their ammo inventory.

2. Remove Ads

This is a timely thread...I'm heading over to my local Walmart in about an hour to pick up some 9mm ammo. I haven't been there in a couple of weeks (we were on vacation), so I'm curious to see if there are any changes. The store I frequent has always had their rifle and pistol ammo in a large, locked case on an aisle, not behind the register. Ironically, the shotgun ammo is sitting on an open shelf next to the glass case. Anyway, I'll give ya an update...like others who have posted, I can't see Walmart giving up such a lucrative source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    All of our wal-marts carry AR's. Ammo cabinets were replaced with gun cabinets, ammo on the bottom.
    Same here. Some of the departments are expanding. Maybe this is the case where you live. I seriously doubt Wally World is discontinuing ammo in their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    not here in NC as of yet.
    The walmart by my house near fatalville built a new case and sells colt and sig m4's ect in .223 now shotguns, tactical shotguns ect

Some one mentioned Academy. An employee there nervously told me that the theft of ammo is staggering. He said corporate wants it out where we can help ourselves and are living with the cost. My interpretation of that is higher prices on the way. Hope my Wal-Mart doesn't stop selling ammo, that's where I go at 11p Friday night before I go to the range on Sat. morning.:)

Quote Originally Posted by overactor View Post
    The walmart by my house near fatalville built a new case and sells colt and sig m4's ect in .223 now shotguns, tactical shotguns ect
    Dontcha love NC? Our WalMarts rock in the ammo department!

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    There's a WM about a mile from my house and has all the rifle and pistol ammo in a locked case. I get the cheap ball ammo there and haven't had any problems. I like the convenience.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    There's a WM about a mile from my house and has all the rifle and pistol ammo in a locked case. I get the cheap ball ammo there and haven't had any problems. I like the convenience.
    Oh it should definitely be in a locked case. The expression "can't keep it on the shelves" shouldn't be a reference to the five-finger discount.

Our WW hasn't carried any firearms in years. They used to carry long guns but no handguns. Now they only carry ammo.....for now.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I was just in Walmart this morning. They raised the Federal Champion to $12.97. I think I will stick to buying ammo online for a while. Even after paying the shipping it is still cheaper than buying at Walmart and paying the sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    I never buy ammo from Walmart so I could really care less. And besides, the Walmart in my area only sells sporting ammo.
    I buy Winchester PDX-1 at my local Walmart. There's also an unconfirmed rumor that they may start selling handguns.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I avoid walmarts at all costs and feel fortunate to live in a city without one.
    chapguy likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I avoid walmarts at all costs and feel fortunate to live in a city without one.
    Where do you get your cigars from?

The three I frequent quit selling long guns years ago but still have plenty of ammo.

All the walmart stores I go to have recently gotten new ammo cabinets with glass locking windows. When they did the upgrade, they removed the old cabinets a few weeks ahead of time and stashed ammo behind the counter.

I think you're getting an upgrade.

Also, there was a quote from the CEO a while back about "going back to their roots' by bringing gun sales back to all of their stores, and I've seen new gun cabinets show up in stores that didn't have them previously.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links