Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled - Page 4

Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

This is a discussion on Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 'Just got back from Walmart. I've never seen the ammo racks so full there. Not only was the ammo case stuffed to overflowing in everything ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

VIP Member
    'Just got back from Walmart. I've never seen the ammo racks so full there. Not only was the ammo case stuffed to overflowing in everything but 5.56 (what I went there for ), but they had a Colt LE6920 for $1,064!

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Just got back from Walmart. I've never seen the ammo racks so full there. Not only was the ammo case stuffed to overflowing in everything but 5.56 (what I went there for ), but they had a Colt LE6920 for $1,064!

Long live the only product sold at WalMart still made in America: ammo!! WooHOOO!!!!

Well, I went shopping yesterday and found the ammo case was still there...with plenty of ammo for most calibers. There was a new item...Federal 9mm 100 count. With tax I purchased 200 rounds for about $42. As a previous poster mentioned, the 50-count price went up to $12.97...the 100-count is $21.97. I think I'll continue to purchase from Walmart because it is still cheaper than paying the shipping for online purchases.

Also, I spoke with the department manager...he mentioned that they plan to remodel the ammo area to make room for more ammo. He also said there is a plan to stock Federal 9mm in larger count boxes. I believe he said 250-count.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    Well, I went shopping yesterday and found the ammo case was still there...with plenty of ammo for most calibers. There was a new item...Federal 9mm 100 count. With tax I purchased 200 rounds for about $42. As a previous poster mentioned, the 50-count price went up to $12.97...the 100-count is $21.97. I think I'll continue to purchase from Walmart because it is still cheaper than paying the shipping for online purchases.

Also, I spoke with the department manager...he mentioned that they plan to remodel the ammo area to make room for more ammo. He also said there is a plan to stock Federal 9mm in larger count boxes. I believe he said 250-count.
    That all depends where you buy from online. Just bought 300 rds. of 9mm (Blazer Brass) for $62.94. Free shipping!!!!! Even with shipping it would have been cheaper especially now WW raised the price $1.00/50. Saved $18 buying it online.

Walmart here still has ammo, in fact they have more .380 ammo choices than the local gun stores! :D

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    The Walmart in the City of Milwaukee I stop by once in a while doesnt sell any ammo. But outside of the city still sells ammo

I am going to a gun show in a just a little while, if I don't find anything I like I plan to go to walmart next and buy some .45 ammo. I like the big yellow box with 250 rounds for less than 100.00. No more than I shoot it will keep me going for a while.

At our Walmart they don't sell any guns or ammo after 10pm.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    That all depends where you buy from online. Just bought 300 rds. of 9mm (Blazer Brass) for $62.94. Free shipping!!!!! Even with shipping it would have been cheaper especially now WW raised the price $1.00/50. Saved $18 buying it online.
    May I ask, where did you buy online with free shipping? Also, your example is only slightly less than what I paid at Walmart and I didn't have to wait for delivery. Online buying is a great option, but for me if the savings isn't more than a few dollars I prefer to buy from a store. However, if the prices at Walmart go up much more, I will definitely buy online.

Our Walmart ,,,, still has ammo,,,, & they sell a lot of it. I can not see them giving up
    this easy source of cash. I had even heard they were thinking of enlarging and possibly
    selling more long guns,,,, even pistols,,,,, who knows for sure.

I was just by my local Walmart. They recently rearranged their ammo case to make it easier to compare stuff. It used to be organized by brand. Now it's organized by caliber, then by brand. So you can locate your caliber and compare all the prices in that caliber. Pretty good move if you ask me. They are still sold out of most everything, but I did get a pretty good list of what is being delivered tonight....

I just got back from WW. They are re doing the ammo case and it is in disarray but nonetheless still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If... and I say IF, Wal Mart is slowly phasing out ammo... BE AFRAID be VERY AFRAID!

Wal Mart is the premier marketing giant... They know everything... these are the guys that know if we're going to have an abnormally hot dry summer... 3 months beforehand... and they order stock for it... they know when hurricanes and tornadoes are going to hit and can get "necessities" to their stores for the mad rush...

If they're getting out of the ammo bidness... and some stores have long been out of the gun bidness.... it's quite possible they know something...

I don't know WHAT they know... But they KNOW something. Keep an eye on this.

^^Because in the last 15 years, when^^^^^^^^^^^

Wally sneezes,
    the marketing world says Gesundheit
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Just came back from gun show. the prices I saw on ammo was higher than walmart. I went there and bought the last box of .45s they had in the 250 round box. they had some in 50 round boxes and they may have had more in stock just not on the shelf.

Interesting you should mention this.

My walmart's ammo case has about half the ammo missing and one pane of the sliding glass gone. When I asked about it, the clerk said the glass broke and they moved some of the ammo 'in back' until they re-do it.

It's been a couple weeks and still half-stocked. Just a coincidence I'm sure. ?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links