Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

This is a discussion on Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RevTracy May I ask, where did you buy online with free shipping? Also, your example is only slightly less than what I ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    May I ask, where did you buy online with free shipping? Also, your example is only slightly less than what I paid at Walmart and I didn't have to wait for delivery. Online buying is a great option, but for me if the savings isn't more than a few dollars I prefer to buy from a store. However, if the prices at Walmart go up much more, I will definitely buy online.
    You just have to shop around. AmmoMan's prices always include shipping, so it's not "free" but it's baked into the pricing. Right now, Palmettos State Armory has free shipping.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    A while back, many Wal-Marts removed their sewing departments and many reduced or removed the firearms and ammunition sections. Now one thing Wal-Mart is good at is figuring out numbers and statistics (to the point where the DOD has consulted with them for various inventory controls and management).

What the numbers in many of these WalMarts showed was that, while these sections may not have been big money makers for them in and of themselves, so many people who used to stop by to grab some fabric, thread or ammunition were ALSO buying groceries and other things while they were in the store...and the stores where crafts and ammo were removed were seeing a downtrend in those other purchases. As a result, many WalMarts have been putting craft sections back in, and I'd be surprised to see them removing ammunition permanently.
    I would say this is whats happening at his wally world

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    You just have to shop around. AmmoMan's prices always include shipping, so it's not "free" but it's baked into the pricing. Right now, Palmettos State Armory has free shipping.
    Exactly the place I was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep searching!!

HKR
    I have to say that I was in my preferred Walmart store this evening and even I was surprised by what I found.
    They have not only expanded their selection of holsters, but have also added AR accessories such as grips and rails. They now carry Blackhawk adjustable stocks for shotguns, including the Breacher Grip, several different range bags, lights to fit the rails on handguns and other "tactical" items. They even have that little push dagger Blackhawk sells, not in the knife case but just hanging on the isle.
    One of the guns cases has been completely filled with ARs and shotguns with barrels of 20" or less.

Cool.

The one near here I seldom go to just no reason to. The few times I have been there I went to the sport section to look at the weapons..What I noticed was what they did have for ammo was so far back be hind a counter you could not read the prices or caliber. It was almost like they wanted to hide it. Never did buy any.

Noticed that the Walmart located near the Milwaukee/ Brown Deer location does not carry any ammo at all.

We have 2 Wally's worlds near me.
    One has the ammo is a locked glass case in the islaeway near the cash register for that dept, and the other is in a locked glass case behind the clerk. This one is the larger of the 2 stores AKA Superstore. However, even with my old fart eyesight, I can see whats in there.

I'll be heading over to that store tomorrow. I'll check again for a moved case and inquire as to future sales of ammo. Also, suggestions from the forum on alternative sources are greatly appreciative. Thanks

My Walmart still sells ammo - my complaint is there's hardly ever in stock!! Every time I go in it's half empty and I'm lucky if I can find 9mm at all. I asked the other day about it and the clerk told me they get a shipment every night, just not necessarily a large one - I guess I need to go early morning vs late evening. In my neck of the woods it's a good seller for them and I can't imagine they'd get rid of it.

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    Noticed that the Walmart located near the Milwaukee/ Brown Deer location does not carry any ammo at all.
    I'm glad you mentioned that, Armey. I was planning on stopping there to buy some soon when I'll be in that area.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

The Walmart that I shop at is doing a "reset" of the sporting goods department. They are not getting rid of ammo. If you go to Walmart.com and start looking at ammunition on line, it will tell you whether or not that ammo is available in your local store and give you a number to show the sporting goods associate so that they can locate what you are looking for.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

We have one of the small supercenters and until recently it wasn't even open 24 hours, it was open from 7a-11p. They recently (within the last 2 months) "upgraded" and remodeled the store and it's now open 24 hours, and has a huge sporting goods department with a well stocked ammo case. They even expanded the crafts and fabric section. I can get 100rd boxes of whitebox winchester 9mm for $22 all day long.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I love my country so I don't shop at Walmart. I don't care how cheap the ammo is, I would rather support my local gun shop and my local range then support the job destroying and America hating company called Walmart. Sam Walton is turning in his grave because of what they did to his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I love my country so I don't shop at Walmart. I don't care how cheap the ammo is, I would rather support my local gun shop and my local range then support the job destroying and America hating company called Walmart. Sam Walton is turning in his grave because of what they did to his legacy.
    If lower prices on the things you use every day turns you off, spend your money somewhere else. Watch it disappear faster. Whoopee. You won. I guess.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links