Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

This is a discussion on Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Stopped by WalMart this morning and almost felt a tear forming... A lady was putting, for the very first time at this location, a nicely ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

Stopped by WalMart this morning and almost felt a tear forming... A lady was putting, for the very first time at this location, a nicely equipped Colt AR in the case and she had other "evil black rifles" to put out. It's always been basic .22's, budget shotguns and a couple .270's & 30.06. The future looks ok. lol

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    My local walmart just added shotguns and rifles They have been relly well stocked on ammo as well. And they don't walk me out with my ammo, every time I go buy the ammo first and pay at the sporting goods register. Then I walk around with a bag full of ammo and do all my other shopping. They do add a 10 cent fee on each box though. And the last time I bought lots of 22lr ammo the guy asked if it was for a rifle or handgun?
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Originally Posted by Gary T
    In short, I find shopping at WM a very frustrating adventure at best. I like the idea of helping the local economy by shopping at local businesses, but that's not an option for me when buying ammo. To bad your local WM in CA doesn't sell ammo. At all the WM's I've visited in LA (Louisiana) do sell ammo.
    My point is: helping my personal economy is as local as it gets and as beneficial.
    Believe me, I agree w/ the concept of helping my personal economy. OTOH, I'm not against buying a product at a locally owned business, even it doing so cost me a little extra than had I bought it at WM as I like to help our locally owned businesses as much as I reasonably can. It's also been my experience that our locally owned businesses are usually a lot more responsive to fund raising efforts, donations, and other civic measures than is the local WM.

went to Wal-Mart today and they just got in a fresh load of ammo so I bought 900 rounds of 9mm and .40 cal mixed (most of what they had) and the older lady at the sporting goods counter asked "what are you afraid of" jokingly... I replied "NOTHING NOW" and smiled as I handed her my CC

Visited a local Wal-Fart and noticed that they added more ARs to the case. They have 6 or 7 "black rifles" now. Half of which are .22 but it's a step forward.

All the 9mm was sold out as well, must be a popular caliber around here.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Bought my mossy 930 hd at wally world.
    They had a couple of sig's in the case too.

Wal-mart is the only place within an hour that carries riffle and handgun ammo, so I hope not. I have noticed less in stock though.

We have a Dick's sporting but they only carry shot gun ammo.

Not here in Wyoming. Asked the outdoors guy with his 30 yr badge if he heard anything and he said no way. He could see them pulling the AR's for image reasons if a ban or the media runs a black rifle story connected to a walmart sale that leads to a mass shooting but no way on ammo because they make so much money on it and often ammo doesn't get blamed like the rifle or the high capacity mad does.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." -V
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21

The wallymart in north vernon in. starting selling long guns about a year ago. I was told it was up to the store manager to sell firearms or not.I contacted corporate to complain our store did not sell fire arms We have a supercenter now ,openinig this month. They should stock more. Of the 6 supercenters withen about a 30 mile radious of my home, 5 sell firearms and ammo.

The Wal Mart I go to just remodeled and built a huge new case for ammo. They now carry far more than they ever did. Te guns they have are about a 50/50 mix between hunting and AR's.
    Interestingly the only thing I really go to WM for is ammo

Our Walmart halted ammo sales!

Last night we went to WalMart to purchase ammo and were told that once the ammo they have in stock is gone, there won't be any more for now. He said they have halted all ammo sales for the next 5 weeks at least due to the fact that "they are selling too much of it". Since when does a retailer stop selling something they are selling a lot of? Doesn't make any sense. I smell something fishy going on! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by boldall View Post
    Last night we went to WalMart to purchase ammo and were told that once the ammo they have in stock is gone, there won't be any more for now. He said they have halted all ammo sales for the next 5 weeks at least due to the fact that "they are selling too much of it". Since when does a retailer stop selling something they are selling a lot of? Doesn't make any sense. I smell something fishy going on! :-)
    What state ??
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

I'd be interested in knowing what state as well. Perhaps it's a matter of "social conscience"? I've never heard of the boss of a retailer telling his/her employees that they will no longer be selling something "because we sell too much of it." Isn't selling a lot of their inventory how they become successful businesses? Like I said, perhaps they see it as a "socially responsible" thing to do.

The Wally World closest to me sells long guns and ammunition, as does another one that is a few miles farther north. They have added a few AR's - an M&P15, an M&P15 22 and a Windham. At one time they also had a Bushmaster, but it's no longer there. I guess someone bought the last one they had. I go there every so often to mostly just look around, but I do sometimes buy some ammo while I'm there. Mostly though, I try to spend my ammo money at local gun stores, as long as their prices are not too out of line. Walmart won't miss my business, but all LGS's need all the support they can get, in my opinion, and I am happy to do my part, as long as it doesn't break the bank.

Re: Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

If anything here in eastern Idaho the Walmart gun and ammo cases are better stocked than ever.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by boldall View Post
    I call BS. I smell something fishy going on too....on your first post no less
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links