Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

This is a discussion on Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Walmart I frequent (until now) has stopped carrying handgun and most rifle ammo. The ammo case was dismantled and now holds backpacks. Next time ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Walmart ammunition case has been dismantled

A Walmart I frequent (until now) has stopped carrying handgun and most rifle ammo. The ammo case was dismantled and now holds backpacks. Next time I'm in there I'm going to ask the manager if it is against store policy or against company policy to sell handgun and rifle ammunition.

Anyone else see ammo cases being dismantled at their local Walmart?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

not here in NC as of yet.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

VIP Member
    Walmart is doing renovations in many of their stores. Increasing isle size and trying to make them look like someplace nice to shop, not a flea market that you can't walk 2 abreast in. I have seen the large ammo cases removed and the ammo moved under the register counter. Less ammo available, and what really sucks, is you have to ask for what you want, can't just look to see if they have it.
    oneshot likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I've never seen that happen in any of my Walmarts. That would be an awful move, Walmart can't keep ammo on the shelves they sell it so fast. Unless you find a very good deal and buy in bulk you generally won't find a better price on brass cased ammo then at Walmart, sad as that is.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I just spent about $250.00 in Wally World, just looked in the case and pointed to what I wanted and then made the guy carry about 650 rounds over to the counter to ring me out.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Was just in there Sunday buying some a few boxes. It's like cigar shopping. Always wish I could buy more. That store sells a lot so they'll lose money if they stop selling it. Pretty good selection of Winchester, Federal, CCI, and TulAmmo.

All of our wal-marts carry AR's. Ammo cabinets were replaced with gun cabinets, ammo on the bottom.

VIP Member
    I don't think I've ever been in our Walmart without seeing some goober with a tore-up ballcap (often resembling myself), raiding the ammo cabinet.

It would seem very difficult to justify shutting down something that draws that much traffic and volume of sales.
    Paymeister and Ksgunner like this.

with Walmart being the largest ammo distributor in the U.S. I don't see them giving up the cash cow without having a gun put to their head or a boot to their throat.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    Thomas Jefferson
    Third President of the United States

If... and I say IF, Wal Mart is slowly phasing out ammo... BE AFRAID be VERY AFRAID!

Wal Mart is the premier marketing giant... They know everything... these are the guys that know if we're going to have an abnormally hot dry summer... 3 months beforehand... and they order stock for it... they know when hurricanes and tornadoes are going to hit and can get "necessities" to their stores for the mad rush...

If they're getting out of the ammo bidness... and some stores have long been out of the gun bidness.... it's quite possible they know something...

I don't know WHAT they know... But they KNOW something. Keep an eye on this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It depends on the local stores, their sales, demographics, etc. Here in the Phoenix area the Wal-Marts in the densely-populated suburbs barely carry BB guns, but in the outlying areas they carry a full range of ammo. It's a sinister plot to make more money - period.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If... and I say IF, Wal Mart is slowly phasing out ammo... BE AFRAID be VERY AFRAID!

Wal Mart is the premier marketing giant... They know everything... these are the guys that know if we're going to have an abnormally hot dry summer... 3 months beforehand... and they order stock for it... they know when hurricanes and tornadoes are going to hit and can get "necessities" to their stores for the mad rush...

If they're getting out of the ammo bidness... and some stores have long been out of the gun bidness.... it's quite possible they know something...

I don't know WHAT they know... But they KNOW something. Keep an eye on this.
    Having worked with Walmart corp IT in the past, I agree that they are experts not only on predictive analysis, but other various techniques of data-mining, correlating what would seem to be non-related events, as well as real-time inventory management. They understand subtle differences in demographics like few other retail corporations can fathom.

What they can't do though, is predict politics nor world events any better than we can. I'm inclined to go with Gasmitty's assessment that this is likely all about maximizing profit and minimizing cost.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    gasmitty is dead-on correct with this post. Wal-Mart has unbelievable data and data mining capabilities. They know precisely which brand of paper towels they can take a loss on in one store so they can jack the price up on something else in that same store, while tapping the paper towels for a higher margin in another store across town while dropping the margins on something else.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Walmarts around here now have their ammo behind the counter and behind glass.

Academy Sports recently pulled ammo back out from behind their counter, (only handgun ammo) I think they were losing sales because of it.

Rifle and shotgun ammo has always been out.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Academy Sports recently pulled ammo back out from behind their counter, (only handgun ammo) I think they were losing sales because of it.

Our Academy still has all the ammo sitting out in the aisle, but I've recently been seeing a lot of boxes labeled "one round missing", "two rounds missing", etc.. from dirtbags skimming individual rounds from multiple boxes. It's just a matter of time until they lock it up.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links