Applebees In Marion, Ohio Took Down Their Gunbuster Signs

This is a discussion on Applebees In Marion, Ohio Took Down Their Gunbuster Signs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The title says it all. Went there this evening, and the signs have completely disappeared. I checked, checked again, and asked my wife to check. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Applebees In Marion, Ohio Took Down Their Gunbuster Signs

VIP Member

The title says it all. Went there this evening, and the signs have completely disappeared. I checked, checked again, and asked my wife to check. The signs are gone.
    NONAME762 and 84160 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

The Applebee's where I go have never had gunbuster signs. But it's always good when a gunbuster sign comes down, regardless of what place it's at.
    mprp likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The Applebee's where I go have never had gunbuster signs. But it's always good when a gunbuster sign comes down, regardless of what place it's at.
    I agree, it always good to see them come down. We had a lengthy discussion about Ohio Applebees awhile ago here:
    Applebees in Ohio posting no guns! Need your activism ASAP
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Interesting, I know most of them in Ohio are owned by the same Franchisee, who was the one posting. I wonder if they are down in other places as well?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I don't remember seeing any at the Applebees where I live. But I rarely go there. It's good when those signs disappear tho.

Very cool

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Progress!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Interesting, I know most of them in Ohio are owned by the same Franchisee, who was the one posting. I wonder if they are down in other places as well?
    Our local one had a gunbuster sign last time I went there (and it was the last time I went there!). I will have to re-check and see if maybe they took it down.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Applebee's CCW in Pennsylvania

I just had lunch with my wife in Applebee's today and, as always, I was carrying my Glock 36 .45 ACP in an IWB under an untucked Tee shirt. I have patronized Applebee' and other restaurants in both PA and Delaware for years and have never seen any signs against carrying a firearm. But I would not patronize any business that would seek to deny my 2nd Amendment rights and I would definitely notify the management or owners of the reason they lost my patronage.

here in ma they got sold to a other co.

I havn't notice the signs in North Carolina but it doesn't matter because here in NC you can't carry in a resturant serving liquor. We were hoping to have tihs changed in the short session in the state assembly but we will have to wait for the new session.

wasn't therea law passed in Ohio last year that allowed you to bring your concealed weapon into restaurants...I've even seen them taken down at Kroger.

Quote Originally Posted by 40CalPal View Post
    wasn't therea law passed in Ohio last year that allowed you to bring your concealed weapon into restaurants...I've even seen them taken down at Kroger.
    Bear in mind that I am not a lawyer. But, the law was changed so that you can now carry into a place that sells liquor for consumption on the premises, including restaurants. Before last year, if they sold alcohol for consumption on the premises, carry was automatically barred.

However, private property rights still prevail, so if a place is posted, you still can't carry there.

You may want to book mark this page, and refer back to it from time to time: Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine - Concealed carry

There is a link to read the most up to date state Attorney General's CHL Handbook.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    As I just posted on another thread as of June 2012 we had 950,000 permits in FL. If they know that: "No gun signs = No Money".... they'll have no choice but to remove those signs. Plus is a lot more than the million CCW holders, is their families, friends, employees, etc.

Those signs also show a lack of respect for the laws of the State in which the do business in.

The Applebee's in my hometown hasn't had one for many moons. Dunno when it came down, but it was after My daughter started working there........ I don't 'think' she had anything to do with it.....

Bravo Zulu on some 'things' going the 'other way' for once!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links