8 million CCWs and Feinstein has fit over nat'l reciprocity

This is a discussion on 8 million CCWs and Feinstein has fit over nat'l reciprocity within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dianne strikes again. GAO: 8 million CCWs; Feinstein spins report to oppose natíl reciprocity The Government Accountability Office has just issued a report on concealed ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 8 million CCWs and Feinstein has fit over nat'l reciprocity

Dianne strikes again.

GAO: 8 million CCWs; Feinstein spins report to oppose natíl reciprocity

The Government Accountability Office has just issued a report on concealed carry in the United States that says there are at least 8 million active concealed carry permits, and anti-gun California Senator Dianne Feinstein immediately said the report is proof that national CCW reciprocity would endanger the lives of police and private citizens.

GAO: 8 million CCWs; Feinstein spins report to oppose nat

VIP Member
    Millions have legally carried concealed arms for over 30 years yet feinstein in her usual delusional view “thinks” it will suddenly make it more dangerous, she needs to be voted out or better yet impeach her and forcefully remove her from office.
    mprp and TN_Mike like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

GH
    When someone can explain to me why so many folks are so anti-gun while so pro-criminal I think I'll apply for a PHD because that's one of the last questions that I haven't answered in my own mind. The only thing that comes to me is that they don't want an armed populace when they take control of the USA permanently.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Senior Moderator
    Can someome explain to me why she's still in office ?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

She's still in office because Calf. is the land of "fruits" and nuts. By the way it's a well known fact that she has a ccw permit for Calf.
    nerdyvirgin, OldVet and TN_Mike like this.
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Californians do as Californians do. So it goes. That is why they have her as a Senator. Just do not import any more Californians to Colorado.

"I'm from the government, & I'm here to help."

Be careful what you wish for ... VERY careful. On the surface, national reciprocity sounds great, but my alarms go off. If ever implemented, I fear what may happen is that we nationally get the worst of both worlds. I see nothing positive resulting from the feds getting involved, just more red-tape, restrictions, regulations, & bureaucracy.

What I mean by worst of both worlds is that all states must adopt the same requirements to qualify & test for a license, and in doing so, I would anticipate those requirements would become the most strict of whatever is in place today, ie. whatever state has the strictest requirements, will become the national model, & adopted across the board for all states.

Secondly, the same mindset will also apply to the carry guidelines to be adopted nationwide. Whatever state has the strictest limits on it's legally licensed conceal carriers (ie. bars, restaurants, state parks, schools, college campuses, airports, duty to notify, etc.), will also become the national model, & adopted across the board for all states.

Bottom line, we'll all have to live with the strictest quidelines for qualification, then once licensed, we'll be governed by the strictest of rules of where / when we can & cannot carry.

I wouldn't be surprised if all 8 million CCW'ers estimated nationally, would NOT be grandfathered in, but rather have to re-apply & qualify to get the "National CCW License" under the adopted national quidelines.

Again, be careful what you wish for. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm with the Feinster on this one, but for completely different reasons.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member
    8 million? That number seems awfully low.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

She also noted that concealed carry reciprocity “is opposed by major national law enforcement organizations including the International Association of Chiefs of Police and the Major Cities Chiefs Association.”
    I am befuddled as to why LEO's nation wide do not stand up to these two organizations and say that they do not speak for them (I am assuming). Organizations like that make more of a difference IMO than the Brady Bunch when it comes to influencing SYG and Castle Doctrine laws. And gun laws in general. They were opposed to any relaxation of the laws in NH and when the gov vetoed the bill they went into full force to prevent an over ride of the veto which fortunately failed on their part because the law stood.
    Then when NH wanted to do away with permits to carry they went nuts over that.
    TN_Mike likes this.

They could just do them like Driver's License. You get it in your state based on your state requirements and then the other states recognize it as valid...you still have to abide by the state's rules that you are in.
    msgt/ret and OldVet like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    They could just do them like Driver's License. You get it in your state based on your state requirements and then the other states recognize it as valid...you still have to abide by the state's rules that you are in.
    I want reciprocity but I also think if states had such a big difference in requirements for drivers liscenses then there would not be reciprocity for them...can you imagine a state with a requirement of 13 years old...no training...and no testing requirement. I do not think some states would want to allow that driver in their state.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Look, I lived in California most of my life. Her and Barbara Boxer and Alan Cranston before them are there probably for the same reasons that people like NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg get reelected over and over. There is a dedicated entrenched liberal majority, with a huge Jewish base sub group within, especially in places like San Francisco, who like all the things that the left wing there represent. Namely Progressive big government in all it's glory. It's what they go for. It's also loosely connected to the personality cults that these people gain for themselves.

DMJ
    goldmaster and TN_Mike like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    voter fraud!
    msgt/ret and TN_Mike like this.

I have my own concerns with the Bill for National Reciprocity. It’s a hard one. I know the NRA is all for it, and I’ve read the pros and cons. Here in Arizona there is a lot of concern leaning against it. I root for it in a way since it seems on the surface and in argument to be a good thing and a good improvement. I root against it secretly since I have concerns. The idea is that you’d ultimately have some kind of federal oversight and control which would warp the requirements in the states and make getting one more expensive and more complicated and more invasive. Having to get a carry permit for places like New Mexico and Texas just to have what have here with no permit is already an infringement as far as I’m concerned. To consider some new model comparable to New York City’s permit or California's permit would be massively more infringing to me.

However the NRA argues against all of that and says that that thinking is unhelpful. They seem to officially feel that nothing damaging would happen and it would only make it better for all CCW card holders. I’ve heard it said that it’s impossible for any federal regulation to occur as a result of the bill becoming law.

I don’t really know what to believe about it. The more I think about it, the more undecided I am about it. I keep wanting to hear solid information about it being a good law, not having outrageous and damaging effects on what exists now with the individual state systems. I also want to hear that there would be absolutely no exceptions with regards to the state’s accepting the other state’s issued cards. Such as Illinois and California would have to accept them from EVERY state.

DMJ

I tend to agree with what KimBobTex has posted. And that is based on past experience when government gets their hands on any type of regulation.

I also believe, the cost for your ccw will become astronomical. They will use it as an opportunity to tax the ccw permit so high that only a select few would be able to afford it.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links