Can i be denied a conceal carry permit if i was charged with battery ? Not convicted

This is a discussion on Can i be denied a conceal carry permit if i was charged with battery ? Not convicted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The domestic abuse laws in certain states are really screwed up. Based on what you report happened it's purely bs that you were ever charged... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can i be denied a conceal carry permit if i was charged with battery ? Not convicted

The domestic abuse laws in certain states are really screwed up. Based on what you report happened it's purely bs that you were ever charged... Do yourself a favor and get an attorney to get an order of non-disclosure if you can afford it. In any case good luck and I hope you get the ccp soon.

2. Remove Ads

I had a situation,I was arrested for in 1991,I noted the arrest on my application,they wrote back and wanted the case disposition so I had to contact the County where it happened and get the pertinent pages notarized and sent to me,I then mailed them to the CHL bureau and my license was issued.
    Your lucky that you weren't convicted of domestic violence or you wouldn't be able to legally touch a gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

OK is a shall-issue state, meaning if they can't find a legal reason not to issue you a license they will. I don't think an arrest will prevent you from getting it. They just want to know so they can look into the matter fully.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Are they waiting for a deposition or a disposition of the offense?

In some states if the arrest shows no disposition it is the equivalent of pending charges and that can be a snag.

Statute from here in TN

(7) That the applicant is not currently under indictment or information for any criminal offense that is designated as a felony, or that is one of the disqualifying misdemeanors set out in subdivisions (c)(11), (c)(16), or (c)(18), with the exception of any federal or state offenses pertaining to antitrust violations, unfair trade practices, restraints of trade or other similar offenses relating to the regulations of business practices;

Tenn. Code Ann. 39-17-1351
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links