The Media is beating the Gun Control drum again

The Media is beating the Gun Control drum again

This is a discussion on The Media is beating the Gun Control drum again within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I flipped through NBC nightly news and ABC news and both were interviewing politician's and anyone else they could find that is using the Aurora ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: The Media is beating the Gun Control drum again

Angry The Media is beating the Gun Control drum again

I flipped through NBC nightly news and ABC news and both were interviewing politician's and anyone else they could find that is using the Aurora shooting as a reason for more gun control, reinstating the assault weapons ban and banning high capacity mags.

Wanta' bet folks really start panic buying guns,ammo and hi caps now?

Senior Moderator
    They already are.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Wanta' bet folks really start panic buying guns,ammo and hi caps now?
    Makes me wish I had ordered that totally useless but totally cool looking drum magazine for my M1-A when they came out last year.

Michael

Expect anything different? The "media" have been and still are aiding and abetting the downfall of this representative republic. They have been in the communist camp for some time, now. The largest sticking point to a total tyrannical takeover has been the Bill of Rights in general and the Second Amendment in particular. We are the only country in the world where the ownership of personal firearms for citizens is protected in the way ours is. It must go! The communists simply have to neutralize it.... and they are busy doing just that.

This event in Aurora was just too convenient considering the pending vote on the UN's small arms treaty scheduled for the 27th of this month. Sure, call be crazy. Call me a "tin foil hatter". Call me whatever you like. But I would not put anything past this current administration, and neither should any or you.

You can bet the NRA will jump on the bandwagon.

Both Obama and Romney made statements against any new gun control because of this isolated incident.
    pattywak and mcgyver210 like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

"Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    The media doesn't care one way or the other. Their only concern is stirring up controversy and raising their standings in the ratings.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As in the past, the bigger the anti-gun talk, the better gun shops and gun manufacturers do. I don't have an "arsenal" by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have a couple thousand rounds of 5.56mm and 1200 or so of .45ACP (stored in "space bags"), that I've accumulated over the last few months whenever I found a sale. Obama hasn't done much to date to hurt gun owners, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be re-elected, and that's when we'll begin to see the real Obama. He might not be able to repeal the 2nd Amendment, but he can surely make it expensive to buy and shoot guns, and that's what every gun owner knows. I hate to overreact, but I'd hate even more to sit back and find next year that guns and ammunition are subject to a 50% excise tax--in order to help reduce the nation's deficit.

Kinda makes me want to hurry and get that Sig Ultra Two-Tone compact 1911, while it's 40% cheaper. Think my wife will buy that argument?
    beararms likes this.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Has their views changed or has their need to attract a different group of voters changed?

Michael

I wish I'd ordered my M&P a couple of weeks ago instead of just a few days ago. They seem to be in short supply anyway and this may just make it worse.

The media...stirring up stuff and then sensationalizing it since 1700. The more the audience, the higher the ratings, the more they can charge for advertising. It's not about the money, it's about the money.
    Doghandler and GunGeezer like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    The more the audience, the higher the ratings, the more they can charge for advertising. It's not about the money, it's about the money.
    Good one, BugDude! BTW, I see that Fox, the network with all those "conservative" talk show hosts who complain (legitimately) about illegal immigration--has just announced a new Spanish language channel. Like you said, It's not about the money, it's about the money!
    Secret Spuk and GunGeezer like this.
    Bill
    "If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious."-Paul Harvey, 1964

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
    Good one, BugDude! BTW, I see that Fox, the network with all those "conservative" talk show hosts who complain (legitimately) about illegal immigration--has just announced a new Spanish language channel. Like you said, It's not about the money, it's about the money!
    +1 I saw that the other day.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Somebody tell me why this is news. As soon as I heard about the shooting I knew the news would be all over guns, because Heaven forbid a psychopath be the actual reason behind something.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    If we are to protect all people from every potential crazy then we will need one armed security person for every citizen. Oh right forgot we have the 2nd amendment which gives every law abiding adult citizen the right to protect themselves and their families.

Now every theater will add security and the ticket prices will go up. Next the malls, the stores, the all night service stations, the banks, the department stores, the barber shop, etc etc. Prices keep going up. Time to buy stock in security companies me thinks.
    GH, Chevy-SS, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links