I want!! I want!!

I want!! I want!!

This is a discussion on I want!! I want!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm looking into getting a new HD handgun. My choice, a 9mm Sig 226 ST i also want factory installed CT grips. Looking at ...

Thread: I want!! I want!!

I want!! I want!!

So I'm looking into getting a new HD handgun. My choice, a 9mm Sig 226 ST i also want factory installed CT grips. Looking at their website that is not an option. I have seen a used Sig ST with CT grips, but it was in .357. So is this an option or is it something i have to do aftermarket??
    -- Beware a man with many guns, he probably has an army, be more aware of a man with only one gun...he probably knows how to use it!

Senior Moderator
    I think Sig was doing some kind of "special edition" that had CTs on the gun. But, you can buy CTs for Sigs and put them on yourself. As a matter of fact, I've got a set that fits a 226, I've been thinking about selling. Let me know if you're interested.

What was wrong with the one in.357?
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Assistant Administrator
    My EDC 226 ST is about 2 years old now - but I bought it ''as is'' and very easily fitted the CT's later - getting those from Impact Guns. You will love the 226!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

there is nothing wrong with the 357, I'm just looking for 9mm, for less recoil, so my GF is more comfortable shooting it. Also the 9mm amo is cheaper. Is it difficult to "zero in your CT grips it they are not factory installed?? And for those of you who own CT grips, do you feel that they are worth it??
    -- Beware a man with many guns, he probably has an army, be more aware of a man with only one gun...he probably knows how to use it!

The CT come pretty much on target and the adjustment is easy if needed. Just don't drop the allen wrench as they are very small. I definitely feel they are worth the price for me. At 54 my eyesight is not what it was in my twenties. I used to focus on the target and the front and rear sights without a problem. After 40 my eyes let me focus at one or the other distance but not both simultaneously. THe CT makes it easy to get the same patterns I did 25 years ago without a problem. JMHO

Jeff

Assistant Administrator
    Is it difficult to "zero in your CT grips it they are not factory installed??
    No prob's!!! I pre-set mine in office - sighting with irons on a target and adjust (only small increments) until dot is coincident with irons picture. Then confirm at range and tweak again if needed - usually don't have to.
    And for those of you who own CT grips, do you feel that they are worth it??
    For me - you bet!!! I did an IDPA night shoot Saturday and used them - have not got enough superlatives!!! I do tho as ever state - they are adjuncts mostly and not to be treated as primary sighting means all the time.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You can also use a laser bore site........and adjust from there
    my 2cents

I had CTs on a SP-101 Ruger .357 and they worked great. Get your GF a good .357,and use .38s in it. After she get good with it move her up to +p loads. Again wait for her to get good with them and then ask her if she would like to try mag loads. She may not want to. OK she's still got plenty of fire power with a .38+P.
    You might be a Redneck if: You've ever pruned your trees with a shotgun.

I understand . 9mm is a lot cheaper to buy than the .357SIG ammo. CT grips on a 9mm are easy to dial in also. I helped a friend put a set on his Hi-Power a couple of weeks ago. If you have a case of "older eyes" I would highly recomend them.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Trij Night Sights...

I have found a great aid to my 60 year old eyes with 'Trijicon' night sights. Even in dim light...with my eyes...they make a BIG difference.
    I've always felt that laser sights, and possibly the Trij's, really won't be of much assistance with 'bad things' that happen quickly. To me...the laser sights just show you where you are missing the target...OMO...and I've had several instructors who suggested against using them. Some may swear by them...it's an individual choice.
    I have Trij's on my 3 .45's (Kimber, Kimber, Glock) and Meps on my 9mm Beretta.

Stay safe...be able to see at night!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I bought a Sig P226R with CT Grips installed a couple of months ago and it is a fantastic gun! The grips are easy to dial in with no problems, just don't lose those very small allen wrenches! And, as mentioned, the laser grips are a good tool but don't get too used to them! Practice normal sighting, also!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerNick View Post
    there is nothing wrong with the 357, I'm just looking for 9mm, for less recoil, so my GF is more comfortable shooting it. Also the 9mm amo is cheaper. Is it difficult to "zero in your CT grips it they are not factory installed?? And for those of you who own CT grips, do you feel that they are worth it??
    You could always get the .357SIG and have one of the best defensive rounds available. Then get a 9mm BarSto conversion barrel, a 9mm recoil spring and some 9mm mags and have the 9mm for plinking. Besides you'd be surprised how manageable the .357SIG is in a P226. My P229 is lighter than the P226, and only recoils a little harder than the 9mm (I have the aforementioned 9mm conversion as well), .357 recoil is also less than the .40.
    Last edited by p8riot; September 20th, 2006 at 11:28 PM.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i own a set of CT grips for my 642 and LOVE them, I am going to buy a set for my officers 1911 real soon. Well worth the money, esp when you find a buy on the net.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Sponsored Links