GOOD: Gun weilding man stops stabbing spree..

This is a discussion on GOOD: Gun weilding man stops stabbing spree.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's some good news after the whole Colorado nightmare. Why is this never publicized by the likes of Rochelle Riley and her other liberal pen ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By grnwdjsn
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 3 Post By sdprof

Thread: GOOD: Gun weilding man stops stabbing spree..

  1. #1
    Member Array grnwdjsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    59

    GOOD: Gun weilding man stops stabbing spree..

    Here's some good news after the whole Colorado nightmare. Why is this never publicized by the likes of Rochelle Riley and her other liberal pen pals.

    Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News
    GH likes this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array grnwdjsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    59
    Sorry - I realized after I posted that I started a rant without realizing most of you do not know who Rochelle Riley. Here is an example of her fine journalism from today's Detroit Free Press...

    Rochelle Riley: We have no right to despair when our culture OKs assault weapons | Rochelle Riley | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by grnwdjsn View Post
    Sorry - I realized after I posted that I started a rant without realizing most of you do not know who Rochelle Riley. Here is an example of her fine journalism from today's Detroit Free Press...

    Rochelle Riley: We have no right to despair when our culture OKs assault weapons | Rochelle Riley | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
    There is no reason on Earth or in Colorado for anyone not serving in Iraq or Afghanistan to carry a gun that shoots 30 rounds quickly and repeatedly.
    Many people even ones on our side have this attitude. That if something is not needed or there is no reason to possess it that it should be banned. Our side falls into this trap by trying to respond with reasons why we should be allowed to own them. In doing that we have lost. We have then admitted to them the we too agree that we need a reason. Now they can go on to attack the logic behind our reason.

    We must not fall into that thinking of need or good reasons to do something. The only reason you need is that you are a free person. Anything else is just playing into their hands.

    Michael
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by grnwdjsn View Post
    Here's some good news after the whole Colorado nightmare. Why is this never publicized by the likes of Rochelle Riley and her other liberal pen pals.

    Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News
    Glad for everyone that someone there was willing to put himself at risk and end the immediate situation.

    Michael

  6. #5
    Ex Member Array oldrwizr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    413
    The article makes perfect sense to me. I don't think the right to bear arms should necessarily mean a WASR-10 with a 30-round magazine. I happen to own that very gun because it's legal and fun to shoot, but if it were not legal I'd lose exactly no sleep. I don't need a WASR-10. She even says that she's not talking about legally-owned handguns used for home or self-defense. Staunch defense of what the public knows as "assault rifles" fuels the liberal fire. If you say, "God and the 2A guarantee my right to automatic weapons with 100-rd drum mags!" then you're just a gun nut to the anti's, and rightfully so. Neither "wing" seems to have any idea what co-existence means.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    The article makes perfect sense to me. I don't think the right to bear arms should necessarily mean a WASR-10 with a 30-round magazine. I happen to own that very gun because it's legal and fun to shoot, but if it were not legal I'd lose exactly no sleep. I don't need a WASR-10. She even says that she's not talking about legally-owned handguns used for home or self-defense. Staunch defense of what the public knows as "assault rifles" fuels the liberal fire. If you say, "God and the 2A guarantee my right to automatic weapons with 100-rd drum mags!" then you're just a gun nut to the anti's, and rightfully so. Neither "wing" seems to have any idea what co-existence means.
    You are aware aren't you that at the time when the Constitution was enacted that citizens had weapons equal to and possibly surpassing those the Government possessed? That they possessed the very same weapons used in combat at that time? If they agreed with your interpretation of what they wrote why then did they not confiscate all weapons of war?

    EDIT: There are those out there who honestly believe only duck guns should be legal. They would lose no sleep if everything but shotguns were banned.

    Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; July 23rd, 2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie
    BkCo1 likes this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,153
    The problem comes in when someone else tells me what I "need" for self defense. Sure, it might start by saying I don't need a fully automatic MG. Then I won't need a semi-automatic "assault rifle". Then I won't need a pistol with more than 15 rounds. Then I won't need one with more than 6 rounds. Then I won't need more than a tazer. Finally, I won't need more than the LEO down the street to take care of things for me.

    Like mlr1m said: the founders had in mind weapons that were at least equal to those used on the battle field because that was what was necessary to fight a war with a standing army. My right to self defense is not limited to some neighborhood punks who to try get the jump on unsuspecting citizens, but it also extends to my own government, which is why the 2A was included.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

    “The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

  9. #8
    Senior Member Array sdprof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Near the Black Hills of SD
    Posts
    1,015
    If we're going to talk about needs versus desires, who needs a gigantic SUV or a Ferrari? Who needs an executive jet or a $100M yacht? Who needs more than one gun in any caliber? Who needs....

    When we start legislating what people can have relative to needs, well, we've arrived at the Communist ideal.

    Doesn't being able to purchase and own any firearm one wants come under the pursuit of happiness, for some?
    mano3, ep1953 and BurgerBoy like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

    I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

  10. #9
    Distinguished Member
    Array Xader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    The article makes perfect sense to me. I don't think the right to bear arms should necessarily mean a WASR-10 with a 30-round magazine. I happen to own that very gun because it's legal and fun to shoot, but if it were not legal I'd lose exactly no sleep. I don't need a WASR-10. She even says that she's not talking about legally-owned handguns used for home or self-defense. Staunch defense of what the public knows as "assault rifles" fuels the liberal fire. If you say, "God and the 2A guarantee my right to automatic weapons with 100-rd drum mags!" then you're just a gun nut to the anti's, and rightfully so. Neither "wing" seems to have any idea what co-existence means.
    That kind of compromise inevitably leads to complete disarmament. Every time. First, we didn't "need" machine guns. Now, we don't "need" "assault rifles". Then we won't "need" semi-autos. Then we won't "need" handguns...and so on.

    It happened in Australia. It happened in the UK. It happened in Canada. It happened in Mexico. And if we all thought like you seem to, IT CAN HAPPEN HERE.

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    If we're going to talk about needs versus desires, who needs a gigantic SUV or a Ferrari? Who needs an executive jet or a $100M yacht? Who needs more than one gun in any caliber? Who needs....

    When we start legislating what people can have relative to needs, well, we've arrived at the Communist ideal.

    Doesn't being able to purchase and own any firearm one wants come under the pursuit of happiness, for some?
    I believe that it comes from the fact that the Federal Government was not given the power to regulate it. But that was before the Government decided that the Commerce clause gave them the power to do anything they wanted.

    Michael

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

colorado stabbing pistol
,
conceal carrying man prevents
,
concealed carry for men examples
,
concealed carry stops stabbing
,
examples of conceled carry being used stabbing spree
,
man stops stabbing in walmart with concealed-carry
,

man stops stabbing spree

,
man with ccw saves stabbing victim
,
man with conceal carry prevents attack oct. 2013
,
man with gun saves stabbing victim in new mexico
,
new mexico concealed carry stabbing
,
stabbing spree colorado
Click on a term to search for related topics.