Wal-Mart Trigger Goof

Wal-Mart Trigger Goof

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Trigger Goof within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh goodie, another one for the "see, handguns are dangerous!" crowd. Heard this on the news last night. At a Wal-Mart here in the Dallas/Ft. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GH
  • 1 Post By Spidey2011
  • 3 Post By whoppo

Thread: Wal-Mart Trigger Goof

Wal-Mart Trigger Goof

Oh goodie, another one for the "see, handguns are dangerous!" crowd. Heard this on the news last night. At a Wal-Mart here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area some guy with a CCW and a concealed handgun standing at the checkout counter apparently reaching for his wallet, or something, accidentally discharged his weapon. The bullet went down and hit the floor but chips of the floor surfacing struck some kid or kids. No serious injuries but he was charged with injury to a child.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

How does one "grab for their wallet" and discharge a pistol? Stupid is as stupid does......and he will pay the price with charges. I heard this morning he ran off also, adding evading arrest to the injury to a child charge.

So now we can expect another round of Anti-Concealed Carry lambasting. I will just gently remind people that vehicles being used by lots of people kill and maim at an exponentially higher rate yet no one calls all drivers idiots.....well, except for my daughter when she is driving.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

GH
    It's not that legal Concealed Carry license holders don't have enough problems.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Wardrobe failure , he had a hard time getting his wallet out and hit the trigger

3 People Hurt By Gunfire In Dallas Walmart CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Please keep this stuff in the West. I probably won't have to worry about NC laws being repealed until it happens closer to home.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Well atleast this dummy will not get the chance to have a cc again legaly after running from the law.
    Last edited by hardluk1; July 24th, 2012 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    How does one "grab for their wallet" and discharge a pistol? Stupid is as stupid does......and he will pay the price with charges. I heard this morning he ran off also, adding evading arrest to the injury to a child charge.

So now we can expect another round of Anti-Concealed Carry lambasting. I will just gently remind people that vehicles being used by lots of people kill and maim at an exponentially higher rate yet no one calls all drivers idiots.....well, except for my daughter when she is driving.
    I call all driver's idiots too. Most of them are, unfortunately.

Sounds like this idiot didn't have a good enough holster. Obviously it didn't cover the trigger completely.
    Arborigine likes this.

Isn't it convenient all the sudden gun related incidents which help Anti-Gun politicians & peoples Cause?
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    Isn't it convenient all the sudden gun related incidents which help Anti-Gun politicians & peoples Cause?
    We've been hearing about stuff like this for awhile. Seems like once a week some idiot fires off his gun in a store somewhere.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    A concealed handgun 'is' a ccw.
    Quote Originally Posted by danwdooley View Post
    some guy with a CCW and a concealed handgun
    Maybe he was buying a pocket holster... a little late.

Thank god no one got hurt, should lose his license because he ran from scene, not because of his accidental discharge. Is there something anywhere that states you lose your license because of the discharge ?, just asking.

Distinguished Member
    You can fix almost anything with duct tape and glue, but there's still no way to fix stupid.
    Just like some licensed drivers that should not operate motor vehicles, some licensed CCW's should not carry guns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Wardrobe failure , he had a hard time getting his wallet out and hit the trigger

3 People Hurt By Gunfire In Dallas Walmart CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
    The handgun in the video is some kind of an XD. They have tang safeties and are also striker fired. They are not going to "go off" when dropped like this guy claims. I don't think his method of carry was appropriate or responsible. If it was property holstered, the trigger would not be able to be pulled if he was simply looking for his wallet. I bet he had it tucked into the lose waistband of his baggy pants and had a Plaxico Burress incident. He probably went fishing for the gun after it dropped into his pants and found the grip and trigger when pulling it up. What a completely incompetent idiot.

USE A HOLSTER!!!

Sponsored Links