Good - Police: Lancaster man with axe demanded money from local restaurant

This is a discussion on Good - Police: Lancaster man with axe demanded money from local restaurant within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LANCASTER Sheriff’s deputies arrested a Lancaster SC man Tuesday after he walked into a restaurant and demanded money while wielding an axe, police say. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-demanded.html ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Good - Police: Lancaster man with axe demanded money from local restaurant

Good - Police: Lancaster man with axe demanded money from local restaurant

LANCASTER Sheriff’s deputies arrested a Lancaster SC man Tuesday after he walked into a restaurant and demanded money while wielding an axe, police say.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-demanded.html

Deese is charged with armed robbery and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, according to a Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office news release.
    Deese walked into Rusty’s Grill at 2423 Pineview Drive around 5:34 a.m. with axe in hand. That’s when the business owner took out a handgun and challenged Deese, the release states.Deese soon began apologizing, saying that he was “on drugs,” police say. He then fled the scene.
    “First and foremost, I am thankful that no one was injured during this incident,” Sheriff Barry Faile said. “The business owner showed great restraint as he rightfully defended himself and his business.”
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 25th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Good on the owner for being willing and able to defend himself and his property.

I await those who say the owner should not have threatened to take another persons life over mere property. That he should have handed over what the money and let his insurance pay for his loss.

Michael

If I were a police officer I would go on strike until there are real axe control laws out there.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Bad guy has axe thinks hes the shiznid! Good guy pulls gun , badguy goes into pleading for life mode instantly!........i love it when that happens. :-D
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Well done by the owner. The threat was stopped and no one was hurt. The BG was arrested and (hopefully) justice will be served. Perhaps word of this will spread and other would-be robbers will think twice.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

The more people who arm themselves in our country, the more we will see this happen. This makes me very happy when i see stories like this. We need to send these jokers and bangers a HARD message. We will not cower to your bullying. Simple as that.
    bigdogtx and sdprof like this.

One of the issues with news coming over the internet is some of the basics like when and where gets lost. Back when it was your local paper, you knew when they were reporting about something that happened local and the date was on the paper so that today, yesterday, etc was understandable.

As for the OP story, i'll bet there are quite a few Lancasters in the U.S., which state was this?

I was assuming it was Texas, but a search shows it is probably SC.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    One of the issues with news coming over the internet is some of the basics like when and where gets lost. Back when it was your local paper, you knew when they were reporting about something that happened local and the date was on the paper so that today, yesterday, etc was understandable.

As for the OP story, i'll bet there are quite a few Lancasters in the U.S., which state was this?

I was assuming it was Texas, but a search shows it is probably SC.
    It helps when there is a link to the story. From the link you can get the date of the news story and also figure out where it happened.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Here's the story. Looks like it's in SC. Police: Lancaster man with axe demanded money from local restaurant | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Problem with many news sites is they give their city name, but don't clearly indicate the state. Sometimes context of the stories helps narrow it down, but I really wish they'd be more up front about it.

Lancaster, for some reason PA came to my find first.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    There's also one in Pennsylvania, but oh well.. Decent story with a favorable outcome.

Another example of a BG who needs his axe kicked!
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Good on the owner for being willing and able to defend himself and his property.

I await those who say the owner should not have threatened to take another persons life over mere property. That he should have handed over what the money and let his insurance pay for his loss.

Michael
    Not from me; threaten with a deadly weapon and try to rob me that way, get threatened back. Works for me.
    Within 21 feet, the robber should have used a knife, right? I mean, the robber must have figured out that swinging the axe was just going to be too slow.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Next up: Congresscritter xyz calls for the banning of high capacity axes.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Next up: Congresscritter xyz calls for the banning of high capacity axes.
    I could see Greenpeace getting involved in that.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Maybe he should have just axed for the money.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links