Why was the poop thread closed?

This is a discussion on Why was the poop thread closed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep......I'm asking. I think plenty of information could have been laid down in that thread in many ways before being flushed. I saw plenty of ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Ram Rod
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By Ionracas
  • 1 Post By sdprof
  • 1 Post By pgrass101
  • 1 Post By CPanther95
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Why was the poop thread closed?

Why was the poop thread closed?

Yep......I'm asking. I think plenty of information could have been laid down in that thread in many ways before being flushed. I saw plenty of good input in the few responses I saw....including mine that didn't get posted. I'm here to tell you that I figure some of you still don't have the guts to face reality and the real world even though you might think you do. This subject may have been worked over, but we've got newbies to deal with here. I think it should be reinstated. What to do with your CC when you need to hit the throne. Plenty of good advice was flowing forth and the thread got closed. I'm going to go to sleep thinking about what you've done and what you've undone in the process while doing it.
    Ionracas and Guest1 like this.

2. Remove Ads

That thread stunk.
    BugDude likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I like humor. Fact is might get this thread closed as well.

A couple of us made comments that were probably considered inapropriate. One was censored before the closing, I said something about yelling rape if someone reached under but before I censored it the thread was closed.

It has potential to be a riskay thread but it is a valid question. Frankly I hit the handicap stall or hope the end one will have the wall on my weapon side.
    Burns likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Try this link.

Really, we need to make it 6,400,001 results?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Senior Moderator
    If you guys can keep it clean so to speak and becareful to not step in anything we will try to keep this one open. But it has been our experience that bathroom threads go down the toilet rather quickly.

It's called the Hanes sling, works best with boxer briefs for me.
    oldnfat likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Sad in a way. Plenty of good advice down the drain. Serious advice and a bit of humor. I think it would have been the thread of the day and maybe even elicited some new members to the forum. It is what it is or it's what it was. I'm glad I caught it before it was gone.
    I'm guessing it won't come back, but feel free to keep on trying. After all.......we're all subjects to the system right?

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    If you guys can keep it clean so to speak and becareful to not step in anything we will try to keep this one open. But it has been our experience that bathroom threads go down the toilet rather quickly.

My rather informative post was lost (flushed). I don't think I can get any of it back now. I can't speak for anyone else keeping it on the up and up. In essence......it's too late now for me. I just wanted to know who felt threatened by it or felt the need it was not necessary. You all are my friends (okay...family)......never want to think of you as government thugs set on suppressing the free.

We've had extensive threads on this in the past.

A simple search by a recent convert would've turned up a good bit of bathroom reading.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I hope everything comes out alright...
    It's all part of the big picture.

Well before the thread degrades, I'll offer my crappy technique.

Even when I'm not carrying, I don't want my shorts/pants sitting on the nasty floor, so I generally have them bunched just below the knee and spread my legs enough that my calves can put enough lateral pressure on them to keep them from hitting the ground.

When I'm carrying, the weight of the rig will make that difficult without one minor modification. I generally lower everything the same way, but then I rebuckle my belt (usually at a much smaller setting than when on my waist). With a rigid gun belt, the IWB holster and gun want to stay pretty much oriented where you'd want them to be anyway, so it's just a matter of applying enough lateral pressure to keep the belt from dropping.

For advanced users only:
    Using your thigh muscles (just spreading your knees apart) in order to supply all the lateral pressure can become tiring and can sometimes restrict the complex machinations required in order to insure smooth delivery of your deposit. To help with this, raise your heels off the floor and roll your feet outward onto the balls of your feet directly under the pinky toes. This will free up anything you need to do from the knees up.

Good Luck! :)
    bigdogtx likes this.

When Nature calls, and I'm in need of using a stall, I stand in the stall, and take my gun and holster off my pants. Yes, I will then sit and do mything, with my piece cradeled between my knees/shorts. this way, nonody sees the holster or the gun, and I have it right handy in case somebody comes a knocking on my stall door. After business is finished and paperwork complete, I re-position my gun and holster, make sure all is secure and then exit the stall, and continue on my way, not before I wash up though . (and you thought I was just gonna walk out without using the sink huh? LOL here)
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post

Since this subject comes up every few months, it may be a good choice for a sticky. Like our favorite CCW badge threads. There is probably easily 100 threads on public bathroom use, that could be merged into it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Since this subject comes up every few months, it may be a good choice for a sticky. Like our favorite CCW badge threads. There is probably easily 100 threads on public bathroom use, that could be merged into it.
    I wholeheartedly agree, and have been thinking it was a sticky. BTW I'm maintaining great restraint right now, not to add some unnecessary wit to this post.

But yes, a sticky and have it all as one big reference.........read and learn to your hearts desire.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

OK ya'll, use the FAMILY friendly bathroom, and pull down the diaper changing station, set your gun thereon. Simple, and no one will look at you twice for using the Family friendly bathroom due to your tactical smirk and cool "Operator Smile".

Or use the handicap stall.

Otherwise, wear Depends Tactical.

<sarcasm off>

I worry about the concealed carry community when I read this for the 4 millionth time.

Really?
    Ram Rod likes this.

Links