PA FFL Question

This is a discussion on PA FFL Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a PA FFL. Does anyone know if I can legally transfer a hangdun to a NYS resident? I've only done rifles and shotguns ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hlfd18

Thread: PA FFL Question

PA FFL Question

I am a PA FFL. Does anyone know if I can legally transfer a hangdun to a NYS resident? I've only done rifles and shotguns in the past. The reason I ask is that in NJ, I know it has to go to a NJ FFL. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    To transfer a handgun it will have to be done through a FFL in NYS, and a 4473 filled out at that dealers location. Not trying to be snippy, but if your going to be conducting gun sales you need to make sure you know the laws, or at least have a reference point available. We all know the BATFE doesn't take "Well I thought" as a legitimate excuse.

State law does not matter when it comes to handguns. Federal law/regulations is what controls the transfer, and you cannot transfer directly to the buyer in any state. All handguns must go through a FFL in the receiving state.

BTW Welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

archer51 is correct. you can sell rifles and shotguns to an individual from NY but no handguns. The handguns must go through a NY FFL.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Thank you for your response and you're not being snippy. I appreciate accurate info and I thought just that, that a NY FFL must be utilized. I've done business with Pa, NY and NJ residents for 3 years now being located in N.E.Pa. , but 99.9% of my business has been in long guns. I am familiar with NJ statutes as far as any firearm goes, and have been on numerous NYS websites and could not find what I believed to be true. My PSP(Pa State Police) rep in Harrisburg could only tell me what Pa. cares about, and wouldnt comment further than advising me to research NYS law myself. I would've err'd on the safe side if I didnt find a reliable source or definaiive answer to my question. Archer, Thank you for the welcome, and the info. Most of all, Thank you for your service(USAF) to us all.
    QKShooter likes this.

Links