FrogLube

This is a discussion on FrogLube within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ArmedinCA . I'll let everyone know how it works after I shoot it I would be interested to see if it picks ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: FrogLube

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmedinCA View Post
    I'll let everyone know how it works after I shoot it
    I would be interested to see if it picks up much lint in pocket carry. My bottle of CLP is about twenty years old and leaking in my cleaning kit. maybe it's time for a replacement. I'll have to check and see if my local GS owner stocks Frog Lube. He should, here in Calaveras County everyone has frog-related stuff.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I would be interested to see if it picks up much lint in pocket carry. My bottle of CLP is about twenty years old and leaking in my cleaning kit. maybe it's time for a replacement. I'll have to check and see if my local GS owner stocks Frog Lube. He should, here in Calaveras County everyone has frog-related stuff.
    You do realize that Froglube is not really made from frogs?
    BugDude, Aceoky and BurgerBoy like this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    You do realize that Froglube is not really made from frogs?
    I suppose you next want to ruin my impressions of Shampoo, Girl Scout Cookies and Ho Hos?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I've been using frog lube on all my guns for the better part of a year and the stuff works great. I lubed my AR 5.7 and it sat for 2 months. I didn't lube it before firing and it still performed flawlessly. Clean my carry gun every 1-2 weeks and I never see any collection of anything on it. I'd definately recommend it. I have the paste since it can also be melted if you want to liquify it.

While this doesn't pertain specifically to FrogLube, for those looking for an oil that won't evaporate, try Dexron-VI synthetic ATF. I got tired of the common gun oils quickly evaporating so started using ATF after some research and am extremely pleased with it. I won't go too far into what I like about it but one of the major points is that it doesn't evaporate (at least that I've noticed).
    bigmacque and flintlock62 like this.

I have been using Frog Lube for sometime now and really like it. Easy to apply, is never sticky or oily feeling, and makes cleaning the guns very easy. Also is great on knives, tools, etc.

froglube

I went to a gun show a couple months ago. I bought this stuff off a cop selling it at the show. I was skeptical about his claims so I bought the smallest he had. I have someone picking me up more next week. Check out the last three video's by hoffner's and covered 6. The fifth video down the guy shows hows to apply it and even eats some. I have been using this stuff for a couple months now. I have since started using it on all my guns. This stuff is phenomenal. I was using Hoppes. Not anymore. I got rid of all my petroleum based stuff and froglube is the only thing in my cleaning box. I got back from shooting Thursday night around nine and went into my bedroom to watch TV. I was wide awake so I decided to clean my gun. And I did it right on my bed. Something that would have never happened with Hoppes. This stuff has a wintergreen smell, biodegradable, and comes from plants. I believe in one video I have seen it had to be approved by the FDA due to it's content. It was created by an ex-navy seal captain. 100% american made and he donates part of his profits to serviceman. As far as cleaning, my gun looks new. The only thing I use is a bore snake and a rag. No more scrubbing! Which I think is the best part. No more brushes just a rag wipe down.

I GIVE THIS PRODUCT TWO THUMBS UP!!!!! You would be crazy not ot at least give it a try.
    RAL and ArmedinCA like this.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The makers of Frog lube are members on Cast Boolit .com. Its been around for awhile but only recently has been well marketed. I use it on the mold hinges and sprue plate when casting lead bullets. Its very good at high temp. DR

Peoples Republic of Illinois (south of I-80 thou)
    I am going to detail strip my M&P this weekend and "season" it with FrogLube. I hope all goes well.

sent from my electronic carrier pigeon

If I were going to be shooting full auto or knew I was going to shoot 1000 rounds (semi auto) in one day... I may opt for some grease but generally speaking, I see no need for grease on a handgun. Does gun oil go away after a while.. sure it does, thats why you purposefully maintain your firearm. Will grease last longer than oil? ..typically-yep, but it also captures debris more so than oil. Each person will have to choose for themselves but what I see in most of these threads is a bunch of jedi mind tricks which can also be called marketing. I have used MPRO7 cleaners and lubes for more than a decade and for no better reason than its doesnt stink and seems to work well.
    Bisquit69 likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Senior Member Array Christopher67's Avatar
    I also use Froglube, its been great for me.

There are several older threads on Frog Lube - worth searching.

I've been using it for about 18 months now and am very impressed. Great stuff, but a little bit of a pain to use because you need to heat parts up with a blow dryer to get the best results. Still, worth the cost and effort IMO.

People certainly rave about it but since its not made of frogs it MUST be made of Angel Tears cause it costs more than platinum.

I'm for using good products, always have, but cripes - I just got a 16oz bottle of Ballistol ordered and shipped for $10 less than an 8oz bottle of Frog Lube w/o shipping added!

Maybe I'm just a crackerjack shopper - but maybe FL is just insanely overpriced.

Probably a little of both.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

If I had any frogs, I'd lube them with frog lube.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Spent the bucks and bought some Froglube. Followed the protocol with the cleaner and heat and wiped off all visible residue. The guns feel just as slick as they did with oils, but have not shot them enough for comment on reliability. Wife does not complain about Hoppe's smell either, which alone was worth it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links