FrogLube

FrogLube

This is a discussion on FrogLube within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I carry a Kahr P45 on daly basis and I recently went shooting with said weapon. I had multiple failures to feed after about ...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: FrogLube

FrogLube

So, I carry a Kahr P45 on daly basis and I recently went shooting with said weapon. I had multiple failures to feed after about 60 rounds. They were dirty rounds, so I kind of thought that was the problem. I talked to a guy at a gun shop who suggested I use a grease instead of gun oil to lube the gun because gun oil evaporates, and he thought that the friction in the slide was causing a lack of momentum necessary to slam the round home. I took his advise and got a small tube and carried daily for about 3 weeks and went shooting without any failures. The only issue that I see is that grease is greasy. I am interested in seeing if anyone had had any luck with FrogGrease which, as I understand is plant based and does not attract particulates, or evaporate. Anyone have any experience with the stuff, or other suggestions?
    Eagleks likes this.
    Kimber Royal II - Kahr Arms P45

CA CCW

This is where everyone is going to come in and tell you what they uses. Not one person will mention or answer your question about FrogGrease.
    Just kidding ....sorta.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This is where everyone is going to come in and tell you what they uses. Not one person will mention or answer your question about FrogGrease.
    Just kidding ....sorta.

Michael
    Lol, thanks for your answer.

CA CCW

[QUOTE=mlr1m;2336994]This is where everyone is going to come in and tell you what they uses. Not one person will mention or answer your question about FrogGrease.
    Just kidding ....sorta.

I've never heard of FrogGrease? I use Gunzilla, it has all the same qualities you mention for Frog Grease, but it's not a grease.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedinCA View Post
    So, I carry a Kahr P45 on daly basis and I recently went shooting with said weapon. I had multiple failures to feed after about 60 rounds. They were dirty rounds, so I kind of thought that was the problem. I talked to a guy at a gun shop who suggested I use a grease instead of gun oil to lube the gun because gun oil evaporates, and he thought that the friction in the slide was causing a lack of momentum necessary to slam the round home. I took his advise and got a small tube and carried daily for about 3 weeks and went shooting without any failures. The only issue that I see is that grease is greasy. I am interested in seeing if anyone had had any luck with FrogGrease which, as I understand is plant based and does not attract particulates, or evaporate. Anyone have any experience with the stuff, or other suggestions?
    I have never heard of Froggrease. Don't use oil on the slide. I do use it rub down while cleaning the frame and slide. I use a light coat of Super Tech, a hi temperature resistant bearing grease. I dont use a great deal. I just coat the runners and rack it in for even coverage and wipe off the excess. Doesn't evaporate or attract dirt or dust. I suppose it would if I was crawling through the muck but that doesn't happen. It also stays put. Works good. Hope this helps
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Just kidding ....sorta.

Michael
    So what do you use? :)
    mlr1m likes this.

I recently bought some Froglube and used it on my new M&P Shield. It seems to work quite well, but it has been too short a time to tell how well it works in the long term.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I tried some Frog Lube on my carry gun and it's been good so far.

sootch00 just did a video on youtube very helpful
    do not morne death but celebrate life

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If it's messy, odds are you're using too much. I rub an un-named grease into a Q-Tip, wipe off the excess, and run the QT down the rails. Haven't had any grease stains or gun malfunctions.
    CIBMike, BamaT, th0rr and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If it's messy, odds are you're using too much. I rub an un-named grease into a Q-Tip, wipe off the excess, and run the QT down the rails. Haven't had any grease stains or gun malfunctions.
    Hmmm....mysterious. ;-)

I think you might have better responses on an AR forum. Not trashing the DC guys but I typically think of Frog lube as to being a product that is marketed and geared towards the AR guys. There will probably more guys on the AR forums that will be more familiar with Frog Lube and have experience using it.

Here's where I tell you what I use or am going to use. ;-)

Upon a recommendation, I decided to use EWL Slip 2000 for my AR. After I bought my BCM upper, Bravo gave me some training videos. Among the videos is one by Pat Rogers. There's a segment where he mentions cleaning and lubing. Pat has an AR that has gobs of rounds through it and it has always worked. The amazing part is that he never cleans it; he just keeps it lubed with Slip 2000. He lubes the AR right before he uses it that day, etc. When I say gobs of rounds, I'm talking like 1,000s of rounds, etc. Now he does preface this with a disclosure. He doesn't recommend for you to cease cleaning your weapon. He especially does not recommend this if you depend on your weapon for your job. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, if Slip will work on a filthy gun with no issues, you should be more than good to go using it with a hand gun that's probably going to be cleaned often and is going to see relatively few rounds.

I use a grease that needs only a tiny, tiny amount on slide, it's what Sig recommends for their guns, fact if you get any, watch the video on the Sig site that shows you how to apply it, (http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerServ...nceGuides.aspx click on "Lubrication") it certainly is a lite coat and is not greasy, greasy - works fine for me on Sig or any Semi-Auto: Mil-Comm TW25b Mil-Comm Products - TW-25B synthetic lubricant protectant grease or oil for firearms, fishing reels, locks and hardware.
    CIBMike likes this.

So I just picked up Frog Lube Kit 4/4 and have just finished applying it. I first stripped off all of the other products I had on the gun in the recommended method. I used rubbing alcohol to get it all off, then used a hairdryer to heat the slide and painted the Frog Lube on. As it heats up it kinda melts into all of the crevasses. Then I just used the cloth to remove the excess. The slide appears to have been rejuvenated and looks great. The Frog Lube appears to really lube up the rails without any excess.

I'll let everyone know how it works after I shoot it.
    DefConGun and Sister like this.

CA CCW

So I just picked up Frog Lube Kit 4/4 and have just finished applying it. I first stripped off all of the other products I had on the gun in the recommended method. I used rubbing alcohol to get it all off, then used a hairdryer to heat the slide and painted the Frog Lube on. As it heats up it kinda melts into all of the crevasses. Then I just used the cloth to remove the excess. The slide appears to have been rejuvenated and looks great. The Frog Lube appears to really lube up the rails without any excess.

I'll let everyone know how it works after I shoot it.
    Absolutely NOTHING like first-hand experience.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Links