sitting down in public - Page 5

sitting down in public

This is a discussion on sitting down in public within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg I try to carry everywhere I can. Also, there was a shooting in a church in Colorado a few months ago ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: sitting down in public

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I try to carry everywhere I can. Also, there was a shooting in a church in Colorado a few months ago that was ended by someone CC'ing. Better safe than sorry. I wish houses of worship were immune to evil.
    That might be the one in Aurora that happened this spring? It was stopped after one person was killed by an off duty cop that was packing in church.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    That might be the one in Aurora that happened this spring? It was stopped after one person was killed by an off duty cop that was packing in church.
    That would be the one.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

this is why i carry iwb in front. people tend to not look at your groin. this is also why i wear a web belt. when i go to sit down all i do pull the release and it loosens up enough so my gun doesn't poke me in the gut. readjusting when i get up looks just like any other dude hiking his pants up.
    tcox4freedom and pittypat21 like this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

It's illegal to CC in churches in VA:

§18.2-283: To a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place, without good and sufficient reason.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    It's illegal to CC in churches in VA:

§18.2-283: To a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place, without good and sufficient reason.
    The VA Attorney General has written an opinion that "carrying a weapon for personal protection constitutes a good and sufficient reason". I found this on the Handgunlaw.us website. Here is the link to the letter: http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/a...InChurches.pdf

sitting down in public

Quote Originally Posted by JDlewis View Post
    My question is I carry as much as possible but why carry in a church?
    I think others have already shown that being in church does not provide any protection from violence. Even ignoring that, not carrying in church means you have to either disarm in the parking lot and leave you handgun in the car (which is an invitation to having it stolen) or leave your handgun at home (which means you are disarmed on the drive and anywhere between home and church you might stop, such as a restaurant or store).

Being armed is always a personal choice, but I chose to always be armed unless I am somewhere it is illegal to be so.
    Mike

“Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.”
    John Adams (Americas 2nd US President)

In Kansas it is not allowed to carry in any place of worship...go figure..

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That's just one more reason the SOB position is less desirable. You might want to reconsider other options.
    but everyone in the movies carries that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    In Kansas it is not allowed to carry in any place of worship...go figure..
    It appears that this is true "Provided that the premises are conspicuously posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general" (from 75-7c10). If your church has not posted, then it would appear to be legal to carry there. Am I missing something?

Wear a longer shirt dont wear them so short !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This:

Ministry Violence Statistics

"Why carry..." is always a bad way to start a question, especially on this forum! I don't know if this example has been given yet, but...

Georgia megachurch shooting suspect in custody | Fox News

Bad things happen in churches, too.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    It appears that this is true "Provided that the premises are conspicuously posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general" (from 75-7c10). If your church has not posted, then it would appear to be legal to carry there. Am I missing something?
    In Kansas, churches are listed as one of the places that are off-limits even with a carry license. More accurately, any place of worship.

See number 16
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    In Kansas, churches are listed as one of the places that are off-limits even with a carry license. More accurately, any place of worship.

See number 16
    I saw number 16, but did YOU see (a) above 16? It says:

75-7c10. Same; restrictions on carrying concealed handgun on certain property; exceptions; penalties for violations. (a) Provided that the premises are conspicuously posted in accordance with rules and regulations adopted by the attorney general as premises where carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited, no license issued pursuant to or recognized by this act shall authorize the licensee to carry a concealed handgun into the building of:
    That looks to me like carrying in a place of worship is prohibited only if it is posted. If it's not posted, then I would interpret that as free to CC. (I'm not a lawyer... just reading the law.)

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I wear a t shirt and a short sleeve button down (unbuttoned and untucked) to see me through the summer. Too hot for a vest this time of year.

If you are going to carry SOB, you need a shirt with long tails. Period. In my opinion, SOB is far and away the most prone method of carrying for printing. And catching the shirt tail on the grip so your gun is not so concealed. And making driving miserable. And getting caught in a hammerlock when you are trying to draw. And........
    Works great for the gangstas on TV though!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links