Handgunlaw.us is Asking Your Assistance

This is a discussion on Handgunlaw.us is Asking Your Assistance within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Handgunlaw.us is asking our members for help. Handgunlaw.us is seeking information on laws pertaining to State Park, National Forests, Wildlife Management Areas and Rest Areas ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DC Founder

Handgunlaw.us is asking our members for help.

Handgunlaw.us is seeking information on laws pertaining to State Park, National Forests, Wildlife Management Areas and Rest Areas in all of the states.

While they are currently working on collecting this information themselves, our members are in a unique position to help them in finding the many local, or locally applied, laws, regulations and restrictions in the above areas. Your help will be greatly appreciated by the staff at Handgunlaw and by myself. I have always felt that it is important to cooperate with other entities that provide permit holders up to date information. This is information that we all need from time to time to insure our compliance with the law so information volunteered here will benefit all who carry.

The PDF file, linked below, lists what information they are needing and shows the information they have already collected. It will be updated every week or so, so we can see the progress of the project.

You can post any comments or questions here, in thread for the Handgunlaw staff to respond to.

Again, your help is appreciated!

Here's the link to the file.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    I e-mailed a short note on non hunting season guns in the national forrest in NC to them
    they had not considered looking for the info in the hunting regs.
    They were back to me in less than an a hour, so send info, if they got it they will be nice if not it will help them a lot .

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Thank You

Thank you for the assistance so far. I will send an updated list to Bumper about once a week. He is very busy and I don't wish to inconvenience him any more than I have to. I wish to thank Bumper and Combat Carry members for assisting Handgunlaw.us with this search for laws that affect everyone who carries..
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Althought I don't know where to find a law, In NY state hunting is allowed in some state wildlife management areas so you must be able to carry a gun.

Here is a link to the DEC regulations on WMA's in the state...
    http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/regs/part51.html

Here is another link to the DEC website listing some national forests as hunting areas. Again, i would assume that means you can carry a gun in a national forest here.
    http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/huareas.htm

Some local laws override these though. In Monroe county there is a law that states that it is illegal to posess a firearm in any city, county or state park. I can get the law number if you want. It's listed on the signs where I go fishing.

I'll post back if i can find actual laws.

Thank you. Things are moving along very well on the list. We have 54 items filled in now. A new PDF file will be posted next week with all the additions. Thanks again and stay safe,
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

I don't know if it is what you are looking for, but in Ohio you may NOT carry a concealed weapon while hunting. May be that way everywhere, not a hunter so I'm not sure.

P4L

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Thank you. Things are moving along very well on the list. We have 54 items filled in now. A new PDF file will be posted next week with all the additions. Thanks again and stay safe,
    Will you provide any new information to Dave at http://www.packing4life.com

We will make sure it gets posted or linked

Information

There is a PDF file in Bumpers first post. That file will be updated about once a week and be available here till we believe there will be no more contributions. Then this thread will most likely disappear and we will post it on Handgunlaw.us for all to see.

It will either say YES or NO for legal carry and hopefully a numeric code from the law or regs that covers that answer. This information to my knowledge has never been collected in one place. That is what Handgunlaw.us is trying to do is collect this info so it is available to all.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Updated Information

You can click on the link and see the new updated information on laws pertaining to State Park, National Forests, Wildlife Management Areas and Rest Areas in all of the states.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. We will keep collecting this info and updating it on Handgunlaw.us on a timely basis.

Thank you again and
    Last edited by Gary Slider; September 26th, 2006 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Uploaded file repaired
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

UPdate Listing

I have updated the listing of WMA, State/National Forests, State Parks and Road Side Rest Area information for all the states. Please look it over and see if you can help fill in the blank areas. Thank you,

Edited by Bumper to add: The link in the first post is the current update. All other files and links have been removed, with the exception to Gary's last updated post.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

VIP Member
    In Texas, state Senate Bill 501 gives us the right to carry on/in any public-owned land or building (except places specified in penal code such as courthouses and inside school buildings, prisons, etc). This means state parks, forests, road side rest areas are all legal for CHL holders. The Director of State Parks issued a statement confirming the legality of chl holders carrying into state parks, but that statement was prompted by Senate Bill 501.

Its my understanding that national parks are off-limits due to Federal regs but I know that subject is contraversial.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Gary, that is a great site you and Steve have been working on. I make it one of the sites that I send anyone curious about carrying a handgun that I speak to. Until your site came along, it used to be that other site, now I don't even bother.

Keep up the great work.

New Updated Listing

List updated Oct. 15, 2006. We have 75% of all the laws covering WMA, State/National Forests, State Parks and Road Side Rest Areas. Check out the attached file and see if you have info that can fill in any blanks and post it here. Thanks to everyone who has assisted so far. It is very much appreciated.

As soon as all the info is gathered it will be posted for all to see at Handgunlaw.us

Edited by Bumper to add: The link in the first post is the current update. All other files and links have been removed, with the exception to Gary's last updated post.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary,

sent you an email on SC game management laws. They were blank in that category under Wildlife Management areas. But they are called Game Management areas here. And I believe, if my interpretation is correct, that section is a "Yes". I take that from an excerpt from SLED's site:

http://www.sled.sc.gov/sled/default....e=StateGunLaws

For MI, rest areas are legal to carry in as it is not disallowed by the Pistol Free Zone list.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links