Please don't do this...

This is a discussion on Please don't do this... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wasn't going to post about this, and then I was. I decided not to this morning and changed my mind because it bothers me. ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Please don't do this...

Please don't do this...

I wasn't going to post about this, and then I was. I decided not to this morning and changed my mind because it bothers me. I might seem to be poking fun at somebody, I really don't mean to. Not at all my intention...

Yesterday at a local grocery store, I was going about my business and noticed a guy. He had 4 extra magazines on his belt, a flashlight in a flashlight holster, a can of mace in a round holster, a knife in a sheath (also on the belt), and a HUGE 1911 underneath his extremely tight tucked in white t shirt. The barrel obviously settled into his buttcrack and the handle poked slightly outward. He must have weighed 150 lbs soaking wet.

Now, to get to the point. If you're going to conceal carry, please don't make it strikingly obvious that a gigantic 1911 that you could never get to and probably can't wield is in the middle of your back, tightly tucked in with your shirt and your dozens of dozens of accessories dangling everywhere, especially if you're 5'5" and 150 lbs. That's just dangerous and it looks stupid. I carry both open and concealed, though usually open in summer because it's more comfortable, not advocating either. Just saying, please, if you're concealing, the point is to not be "made." So don't.

To the guy...If I hadn't used up my phone battery listening to music, I would have your face plastered all over every forum along with your stupid stupid getup. Stop it.

2. Remove Ads

Height/Weight is always brought up here. How could this possibly affect the gun one decides to carry? I'm completely serious. It makes zero sense to me.
    SIXTO, sigmanluke, CJM and 1 others like this.

No worries, I won't do that.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Gecko45 sighting, if so he was pretty concealed.
    mano3, Secret Spuk, 40Bob and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I see folks like that pretty often. What doesn't some folks understand about the word concealed?
    Secret Spuk and JerryMac like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    ...The barrel obviously settled into his buttcrack and the handle poked slightly outward. He must have weighed 150 lbs soaking wet....
    Hopefully it was a stainless 1911.
    mprp, phreddy, mano3 and 5 others like this.

My mental picture of Gecko45 has him at about 250-275lbs and topping out a 5'5". Must be a wanabee or a protege'
    Badey and mano3 like this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    I see folks like that pretty often. What doesn't some folks understand about the word concealed?
    Why does everyone assume that it was an attempt to conceal? Maybe it was an open carry gone awry. "Dang, forgot and tucked the T-shirt in over the 1911 after I used the john again. Well, maybe nobody will notice. Oh, dang; there's tricolordad. He'll notice for sure."
    BkCo1 likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Doesn't sound like he was making much of an effort to conceal. I don't see the big deal anyways. The anti's think the same thing about your mouse gun...

I bet he had a date and he was trying to impress her. After buying all those cool pouches and the $150 tactical flashlight he was like, "damn I only have enough money to take her to McDonald's and I forgot to buy a holster."

I see I've made a ruckus.
    varob likes this.

Sounds prepared to me, whatever works for him. Maybe he was heading to / from the shooting range and didn't feel like changing for you. :)

I bet he had a date and he was trying to impress her. After buying all those cool pouches and the $150 tactical flashlight he was like, "damn I only have enough money to take her to McDonald's and I forgot to buy a holster."

I see I've made a ruckus.
    That's probably it except yesterday was Chick-fil-a day nationwide.
    tricolordad and thephanatik like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I wasn't going to post about this, and then I was. I decided not to this morning and changed my mind because it bothers me. I might seem to be poking fun at somebody, I really don't mean to. Not at all my intention...

Yesterday at a local grocery store, I was going about my business and noticed a guy. He had 4 extra magazines on his belt, a flashlight in a flashlight holster, a can of mace in a round holster, a knife in a sheath (also on the belt), and a HUGE 1911 underneath his extremely tight tucked in white t shirt. The barrel obviously settled into his buttcrack and the handle poked slightly outward. He must have weighed 150 lbs soaking wet.

Now, to get to the point. If you're going to conceal carry, please don't make it strikingly obvious that a gigantic 1911 that you could never get to and probably can't wield is in the middle of your back, tightly tucked in with your shirt and your dozens of dozens of accessories dangling everywhere, especially if you're 5'5" and 150 lbs. That's just dangerous and it looks stupid. I carry both open and concealed, though usually open in summer because it's more comfortable, not advocating either. Just saying, please, if you're concealing, the point is to not be "made." So don't.

To the guy...If I hadn't used up my phone battery listening to music, I would have your face plastered all over every forum along with your stupid stupid getup. Stop it.
    Wow. That is amazing. I thought Geko45 had retired years ago.

But seriously, I have seen some of these types before. Just morons who have all their masculinity tied to the fact that they have a gun. Honestly, in a situation whee a bad guy started shooting the place up, if one of these yahoos were there, I'm not sure if dropping them first then shooting at the bad guy might not be the safest option. That kind of guy is just going to get a lot of people hurt.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Is there a right and wrong way to carry?? I thought we had the right to carry any way we feel necessary. Lets leave old boy alone so that he may continue on his way, exercising his rights......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Height/Weight is always brought up here. How could this possibly affect the gun one decides to carry? I'm completely serious. It makes zero sense to me.
    Because it's just absurd how obvious it was he was attempting to conceal it. Size matters when you're trying to hide something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    That's probably it except yesterday was Chick-fil-a day nationwide.
    Hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Wow. That is amazing. I thought Geko45 had retired years ago.

But seriously, I have seen some of these types before. Just morons who have all their masculinity tied to the fact that they have a gun. Honestly, in a situation whee a bad guy started shooting the place up, if one of these yahoos were there, I'm not sure if dropping them first then shooting at the bad guy might not be the safest option. That kind of guy is just going to get a lot of people hurt.
    I'd definitely put more cover between him and me than me and the BG. It's like hunting with someone who wears ACUs and carries an AR-15. "You park it here and watch for them to come out there, I'm just going to walk this way a few miles and put some distance and hills between us."
    TN_Mike likes this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links